• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

31 teams fail inspection on Thursday at Daytona

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 NSCS teams and 16 NNWS teams.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Thirty-one cars, including 16 in the Sprint Cup Series, failed inspection before Thursday's practices at Daytona International Speedway.
NASCAR confiscated the teams' roof flaps, which are designed to keep cars on the ground during spins and wrecks at high speeds, for further inspection. Penalties could be possible.
The cars involved included all three Joe Gibbs Racing entries (Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth), all three Roush Fenway Racing entries (Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.), all three Michael Waltrip Racing entries (Clint Bowyer, Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip) and both Roger Penske Racing entries (Joey Logano and defending series champion Brad Keselowski). Cars driven by Jamie McMurray, Trevor Bayne, Casey Mears, Marcos Ambrose and Aric Almirola also failed inspection.
The roof-flap spacers had been illegally machined down to reduce weight.
NASCAR inspectors made those Cup teams install new, unaltered roof flaps before drivers were allowed on the track for the first of two practices.
Inspectors then went to the Nationwide garage and found similar issues on 15 cars.
"When you find something in one garage, you communicate to the other garage," NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said. "We looked into it and this is what we found."
Nationwide drivers facing possible penalties include Bayne, Brian Vickers, Reed Sorenson and Travis Pastrana.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. This falls under what Richard Petty once characterized NASCAR as. Everyone is cheating, it is just a matter of who gets caught. Apparently his two cars got caught too.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the Hendrick haters to come out and say that Hendrick paid Nascar off to bust everyone except his cars......

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the Hendrick haters to come out and say that Hendrick paid Nascar off to bust everyone except his cars......

Doesn't look like any of the Chevy teams got busted. They (chevy) must have a pretty good car for Daytona if the Fords and imports are cutting corners to keep up.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like any of the Chevy teams got busted. They (chevy) must have a pretty good car for Daytona if the Fords and imports are cutting corners to keep up.

Hey, sorry can't respond to your PM...my account is locked. Thanks for responding though. I would like the name "Doctor Krieger" if possible.

Thanks again.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed your Avatar - - - any thoughts on Kyle Petty's diatribe about Danica not being a race car driver?

I'll share mine. She is still way around the learning curve, but I don't want to hear about someone not being qualified from a guy who would never have sniffed the inside of a Cup car if his daddy wasn't Richard Petty.

Kyle talks about how unqualified she is, but he didn't win his first Cup race until his 8th season. She only has 7.5 more years to catch up to or beat that sterling record.