• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The IMSA Tudor Series-24-hrs of Daytona

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone watched the opening event of the new Tudor IMSA Sanctioned Racing Series that has combined the Grand-Am Series and American Lemans Series together. There are two classes with many levels. The Chevrolet Corvette Daytona Prototype took class 1 and a Porsche 911 took class II. I tuned in to see how the Vipers did compared to the Vettes. Porsche took the class and the Vipers finished third and sixth after starting the race on the pole.

This is going to be a good series of 18 races with the next in February at Sebring for the 12-hours of Sebring. I enjoyed what I saw. 67 cars began the race. The race was red-flagged due to a horrific crash involving Mimo Gidley who suffered a broken back requiring surgery. There were many IRL drivers and a smittering of Nascar drivers.

Good series and great race.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone watched the opening event of the new Tudor IMSA Sanctioned Racing Series that has combined the Grand-Am Series and American Lemans Series together. There are two classes with many levels. The Chevrolet Corvette Daytona Prototype took class 1 and a Porsche 911 took class II. I tuned in to see how the Vipers did compared to the Vettes. Porsche took the class and the Vipers finished third and sixth after starting the race on the pole.

This is going to be a good series of 18 races with the next in February at Sebring for the 12-hours of Sebring. I enjoyed what I saw. 67 cars began the race. The race was red-flagged due to a horrific crash involving Mimo Gidley who suffered a broken back requiring surgery. There were many IRL drivers and a smittering of Nascar drivers.

Good series and great race.

he had to have surgery on his left arm & leg as well.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tuned in for a little bit of it this morning. I like sports cars, but endurance events don't really do anything for me. I will probably go to see them this Summer at IMS, when they open up the Brickyard weekend.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at some point, I am going to make my way to one of their events. I like the series along with many other forms of motorsports racing.