• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30 for 30: Bad Boys

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman was close with the Spurs also..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid doc but not great.

BTW, the Achilles injury forced Thomas' hand on the retirement thing. Even in the early to mid 90s, sports medicine wasn't as good as it is now. Wilkins overcame it but everyone else either never came back or came back and wasn't even close to being what they were.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons got alot blame for their hard play back then but hell most of the league was like that already. Stern just reached a boiling point during the Bad Boy era and changed the game. That was the golden age of the NBA... Magic, Bird, Isiah, MJ.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where was the breakdown on chuck nevitt??

nevitt2lt.png

http://www.linkedin.com/in/chucknevitt

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons got alot blame for their hard play back then but hell most of the league was like that already. Stern just reached a boiling point during the Bad Boy era and changed the game. That was the golden age of the NBA... Magic, Bird, Isiah, MJ.

Yeah, the league was already physical, the Bad Boys just took it to the edge and embraced it, then when Pat Riley's Knicks took it over the edge, Stern had enough.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely loved this documentary! Even though I grew up a bulls fan, I always had love for the pistons. The NBA 30 for 30 films just keep getting better!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the reasons why Jordan is the best ever. He played in this era & THRIVED. Now if a player touches another a foul is called. It's sad. I'm not saying thug basketball should be brought back, but there needs to be a middle ground.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laimbeer would be suspended every 10 games if he played in this league today

Can't wait to see this.

I was a MAJOR Lakers fan back then. But then I began to split between them and the Pistons. Anyone but the Bulls.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the reasons why Jordan is the best ever. He played in this era & THRIVED. Now if a player touches another a foul is called. It's sad. I'm not saying thug basketball should be brought back, but there needs to be a middle ground.

Jordan still got all the calls just as superstars today gets. He avg 7.7 fts per game while LeBron is currently at 7.8 for his career. Jordan playoffs ft avg was 9.9 which is the same as LeBron postseason fts avg. So as physical as it was back then, MJ clearly still were getting the superstar calls as guys currently get.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan still got all the calls just as superstars today gets. He avg 7.7 fts per game while LeBron is currently at 7.8 for his career. Jordan playoffs ft avg was 9.9 which is the same as LeBron postseason fts avg. So as physical as it was back then, MJ clearly still were getting the superstar calls as guys currently get.

Those stats are very telling. It took getting your butt kicked to get a foul called during the Bad Boys era. Now you can't even handcheck a player.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny how Parish was drilling Laimbeer face. In today's NBA, Parish would've got a 10 plus game suspension.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the league was already physical, the Bad Boys just took it to the edge and embraced it, then when Pat Riley's Knicks took it over the edge, Stern had enough.

Riley's first year with the NYK was the 91-92 season. Stern had already implemented the flagrant foul rule the year before. If you watched last night, when they were showing highlights of the 90-91 ECF between Detroit and Chicago, they showed a hard foul on Jordan and the announcer (radio I believe) said "that may be a flagrant"

The year before is when Detroit physically beat the hell out of Jordan and then showed him pumping iron in the off season to take the future beating. Stern realized (and said last night he should have implemented the flagrant rule earlier) he couldn't afford to have his cash machine getting beat up like that.

Plus showed Jordan telling the press (after getting bounced by Detroit again) what they do "is not basketball." Plus showed him saying (once they beat Detroit on way to 1st title) he was glad that the Bad Boys and that style was dead.

So, yes the Knicks continued to be physical, but were called for it most times. They certainly didn't get away with what other teams were in the mid to late 80's.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great documentary....made me miss the NBA.....those were the good days.....now its too many young kids with alot of money playing.....

Parrish clocked the fuck outta laimbeer....he could get under anyones skin....even isiahs lol...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley's first year with the NYK was the 91-92 season. Stern had already implemented the flagrant foul rule the year before. If you watched last night, when they were showing highlights of the 90-91 ECF between Detroit and Chicago, they showed a hard foul on Jordan and the announcer (radio I believe) said "that may be a flagrant"

The year before is when Detroit physically beat the hell out of Jordan and then showed him pumping iron in the off season to take the future beating. Stern realized (and said last night he should have implemented the flagrant rule earlier) he couldn't afford to have his cash machine getting beat up like that.

Plus showed Jordan telling the press (after getting bounced by Detroit again) what they do "is not basketball." Plus showed him saying (once they beat Detroit on way to 1st title) he was glad that the Bad Boys and that style was dead.

So, yes the Knicks continued to be physical, but were called for it most times. They certainly didn't get away with what other teams were in the mid to late 80's.

Never said they got away with it, just said that took it over the edge, which they did because they were every bit as physical as those Pistons teams. In fact, because of how Stern was trying to curtail it, it was almost like they were shoving it in his face. I loved watching those Knicks teams. The battles they used to have with Chicago were epic.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they got away with it, just said that took it over the edge, which they did because they were every bit as physical as those Pistons teams. In fact, because of how Stern was trying to curtail it, it was almost like they were shoving it in his face. I loved watching those Knicks teams. The battles they used to have with Chicago were epic.

I was always happy the Bulls beat them. It shows how good of a coach Riley was though. He got the most out of his talent & the style of play didn't matter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always happy the Bulls beat them. It shows how good of a coach Riley was though. He got the most out of his talent & the style of play didn't matter.

:agree: and talk about switching styles. His Showtime Lakers and those Knicks teams were polar opposites. Although, his Lakers teams could get physical when they had to.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: and talk about switching styles. His Showtime Lakers and those Knicks teams were polar opposites. Although, his Lakers teams could get physical when they had to.

Yeah, they couldn't have been more different. Riley knew his Knicks team was talented, but they didn't have the firepower Chicago did. It was the only way Riley thought they could beat the Bulls. In the end it didn't work, but they played some GREAT GAMES. At times John Starks actually matched Jordan in terms of some great shots. The NBA just isn't the same. I miss the rivalries in which teams really didn't like each other yet respected the game & the other team. Now it seems like they're all buddies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to get real rivalries in any sport now due to free agency.

Right now I think the best true rivalries in the league are Heat/Pacers, Heat/Bulls, and Warriors/Clippers

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to get real rivalries in any sport now due to free agency.

Right now I think the best true rivalries in the league are Heat/Pacers, Heat/Bulls, and Warriors/Clippers

The Warriors/Clippers series is going to be fun. We'll see if the others play each other down the road.