• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 years later in the B1G!

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the guys at ESPN Big Ten blog, three years ago this happened.

Nebraska Cornhuskers have no regrets about leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10 - ESPN

who knew. Well, time fly when you are having fun.

I'm gonna say this were in a better secure conference, but I don't think Bo was ready and his scheme(defense wise) fits better in a shoot em bang bang air assault of the big12. Just my opinion bc since we have been in the big ten our defense hasn't been the same.

In the big12 = you need a top flight secondary and hybrid lb

Big ten you need a strong front seven .

Someone will disagree but if we had stay in the big12 bo might have a better record/defense stays on track. Peso/Texas pipeline match up zone. One excuse ill give the staff is big12 and bigten are opposite in alot of big ways that will challenge a staff. But in the end were in a secure conference but were still playing third wheel to another rivalry....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting used to it. If Nebraska can consistently vie for conference championships and even win some, I think it'll be a bigger benefit to the program than if they were playing for/winning Big XII championships. I grew up watching the Big 10 and Notre Dame getting what I felt was too much eastern media bias. Pimping both the teams and players.
I still feel the same way, however Nebraska being a part of the equation now should give them some good exposure.

If one were to use Oklahoma/Texas to nullify Ohio St/Michigan and look at the remaining teams in each conference, the Big 10 has more depth. Not quite as much as the SEC but pretty close.

Our top tier bowl games (although tougher) are much improved regarding exposure.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Iron Horse

How does one become a Nebraska fan living in New York? You live in New York state right?

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Iron Horse

How does one become a Nebraska fan living in New York? You live in New York state right?

when I first moved to NY in Rockland county (God's country) I started to watch football, and was looking for a team to root for. There is no real NY team, it sure wasn't Rutgers, and you didn't hear too much about Cuse then. I was watching ESPN college football highlight show, and they played a segment on Tom Osborne and how he always had great teams, but couldn't win the big game. And the string of Bowl loses, the 2 point conversion, and the Penn State game, anyways, I love it. Then his last name was Osborne and I was a huge (NO LONGER) Ozzy Osbourne fan. It was perfect. This was in 89.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say this were in a better secure conference, but I don't think Bo was ready and his scheme(defense wise) fits better in a shoot em bang bang air assault of the big12. Just my opinion bc since we have been in the big ten our defense hasn't been the same.

In the big12 = you need a top flight secondary and hybrid lb

Big ten you need a strong front seven .

Someone will disagree but if we had stay in the big12 bo might have a better record/defense stays on track. Peso/Texas pipeline match up zone. One excuse ill give the staff is big12 and bigten are opposite in alot of big ways that will challenge a staff. But in the end were in a secure conference but were still playing third wheel to another rivalry....

Shoot, I haven't heard about the peso in a while. Eric Hagg and the battle to how you pronounce his last name.

As for being in the B1g. I love it, sure some outcomes of the games have not being what you want, but I think is a hell of a lot better than being in the Big XII. I think once Rutgers joins the B1G and BTN gets on basic cable in the NY/NJ markets there is going to be a hell of a lot of money flowing.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I first moved to NY in Rockland county (God's country) I started to watch football, and was looking for a team to root for. There is no real NY team, it sure wasn't Rutgers, and you didn't hear too much about Cuse then. I was watching ESPN college football highlight show, and they played a segment on Tom Osborne and how he always had great teams, but couldn't win the big game. And the string of Bowl loses, the 2 point conversion, and the Penn State game, anyways, I love it. Then his last name was Osborne and I was a huge (NO LONGER) Ozzy Osbourne fan. It was perfect. This was in 89.

So you are living there right now?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the old "TO can't win the big one" went on for years.

There were also jokes such as.."They built a new overpass in Grand Island and named it the Tom Osborne Expressway the only rule on it is you can't pass."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
93 season (94 Orange Bowl) was for two coaches that "couldn't win the big one".

Tom Osborne and Bobby Bowden.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh, espionage. This is getting exciting. :globe:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paranoid-gun-owner.jpg

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IP's are highly visible on this site, Iron.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His IP has always shown 'West Monroe, Louisiana' while he's claimed in previous posts he was in NY.

So I figured I'd finally ask.