• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 NFC teams haven't made NFC championship in 20 years

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet somehow - excluding the last two seasons - over the period 2002-2015 it is only one of two divisions in the NFL (AFC North being the other) containing three teams with a winning record against non-division opponents since the 2002 reallignment.

Since the reallignment, 9 times at least one of the WC teams came out of the NFC East, and 2 of those seasons both WC's came out of that division.

Comparison:

NFC West: 6 seasons with one WC, 0 with 2
NFC South: 8 seasons with one WC, 1 with 2
NFC North: 8 seasons with one WC, 0 with 2

AFC East: 6 seasons with one WC, 0 with 2
AFC South: 7 seasons with one WC, 1 with 2
AFC West: 6 seasons with one WC, 1 with 2
AFC North: 9 seasons with one WC, 2 with 2

So, conclusion: the NFC East might have lacked the absolute juggernaut, but on average it has been quite good, and quite competitive (which usually means major battles within the division and therefore not allowing for a juggernaut in the division).

It also means that it is extremely difficult to get HFA throughout the play-offs, much more difficult than for the best teams in other divisions. All of which has a big impact on play-off seedings and generally play-off success.

For instance, for years Seattle pretty much had a two game advantage over any of the NFC East teams, simply because of (expected) losses within the division.

Dude. It's Sunday and you're posting that novel, not to defend your team, but the division your team plays in?

WTL:WNR

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in 91. I don't remember these great Cowboy teams of yesteryear that Cowboy fans keep talking about.

I was born in 1960 and it's been so fucking long I don't remember them either :noidea:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. It's Sunday and you're posting that novel, not to defend your team, but the division your team plays in?

WTL:DR

He loves mediocrity :crazy:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in 1960 and it's been so fucking long I don't remember them either :noidea:

I miss the days of Landry roaming the sidelines.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have a rotary phone in your abode Ward?

i wish i i did. sick of having to carry around this damn smart phone. i still remember the rotary phone at my great grandmother's house in the 80's; she was pretty much deaf (even with her hearing aid in), so she'd keep that thing on FULL BLAST, so when it rang, it would scare the dogshit out of you lol

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish i i did. sick of having to carry around this damn smart phone. i still remember the rotary phone at my great grandmother's house in the 80's; she was pretty much deaf (even with her hearing aid in), so she'd keep that thing on FULL BLAST, so when it rang, it would scare the dogshit out of you lol

remember these? Mine didn't have all these functions

That's Oldschool in his younger years?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First it was about winning a playoff game.

Now it's about making the NFC Championship game.

There was a period where Danny White took the Cowboys to 3 straight NFC Championship games. Nobody remembers that because they lost them all.

Congrats to the Eagles on making it this time.

But get back to me when you actually win a Super Bowl.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:heh: Actually I had to think when @Scooby-Doo mentioned the Disney classics on VHS I had to think If I stashed the pron vids in with our Disney classics...

" Dad, why does it say Ole Boner instead of Ole Yeller?"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You title your homemade sex tapes?

Yeah sure why not, I'm the leading actor, have to study my lines hard and want to get props for any awards that might come my way

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in 91. I don't remember these great Cowboy teams of yesteryear that Cowboy fans keep talking about.

That's also the last year the Lions made the NFC title game...vs The Redskins.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet somehow - excluding the last two seasons - over the period 2002-2015 it is only one of two divisions in the NFL (AFC North being the other) containing three teams with a winning record against non-division opponents since the 2002 reallignment.

Since the reallignment, 9 times at least one of the WC teams came out of the NFC East, and 2 of those seasons both WC's came out of that division.

Comparison:

NFC West: 6 seasons with one WC, 0 with 2
NFC South: 8 seasons with one WC, 1 with 2
NFC North: 8 seasons with one WC, 0 with 2

AFC East: 6 seasons with one WC, 0 with 2
AFC South: 7 seasons with one WC, 1 with 2
AFC West: 6 seasons with one WC, 1 with 2
AFC North: 9 seasons with one WC, 2 with 2

So, conclusion: the NFC East might have lacked the absolute juggernaut, but on average it has been quite good, and quite competitive (which usually means major battles within the division and therefore not allowing for a juggernaut in the division).

It also means that it is extremely difficult to get HFA throughout the play-offs, much more difficult than for the best teams in other divisions. All of which has a big impact on play-off seedings and generally play-off success.

For instance, for years Seattle pretty much had a two game advantage over any of the NFC East teams, simply because of (expected) losses within the division.
the word has been so overused over the last year or so, I hate to use it, but...

damn, talk of being triggered!