• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 games left

Who beats who in the championship game?

• Florida over Wisconsin

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Florida over Kentucky

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Connecticut over Wisconsin

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Connecticut over Kentucky

• Wisconsin over Florida

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Wisconsin over Connecticut

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Kentucky over Florida

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Kentucky over Connecticut

• Total voters

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History says Florida.

Outside of Uconn a few years ago, while a wide variety of teams often get to the final four... it is almost always the high-seeded defensive team that finishes it off.

That said, as a fan of their most recent victim, I'm pulling for the Badgers.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going Florida over Kentucky. They are simpy in the heads of those freshman and even a crazy run in the tourney won't make them forget that they have been beaten 3 times already this year.

I am rooting for Uconn and think the most likely to upset Florida would be Wisky.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going Florida over Kentucky. They are simpy in the heads of those freshman and even a crazy run in the tourney won't make them forget that they have been beaten 3 times already this year.

I am rooting for Uconn and think the most likely to upset Florida would be Wisky.
-
Worried about Wisconsin for now, but I would like UK's chances in a 4th game. 4 in a row is a lot over one opponent, especially one that is more talented. Florida started with 2 double digits wins and the last on was 1 pt with Randle going 1 for 7.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really say other than it looks like an SEC final.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
though if this tournament stay to form than it will be UConn v UK in the final.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
though if this tournament stay to form than it will be UConn v UK in the final.

That's true...I'm just going with who I think will win the 1st two games. That UConn/Florida match up features two of the very best point guards in CBB. Both those guys played a major role for their respective teams being in the final four. Wilbekin was voted the SEC player of the year and Napier's talent something special as well. It will be fun to watch those two going at it.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good grief...do I detect agreement here?

ironic...after a whole season of shit-slinging, Rune & dc arrive in the same parking lot.

me too (I think FLA would eat UK, again...UConn would need a supreme effort to oust FLA...Wisconsin is the key)

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Worried about Wisconsin for now, but I would like UK's chances in a 4th game. 4 in a row is a lot over one opponent, especially one that is more talented. Florida started with 2 double digits wins and the last on was 1 pt with Randle going 1 for 7.

We both have games to play before the Florida/Kentucky match-up and I think you are correct. Kentucky is getting better and it will take a supreme effort by Florida to win that game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this map to be interesting and a bit surprised that Wisconsin is the default favorite.

20pbnh0.png

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida over Kentucky

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted this before but LSU lost to UK 3 times in one season......and the NCAA graciously gave them another chance at UK in the tourney. Three times {in one season} will give the losing team a very good understanding of what it takes to beat the winning team.

The losing coach focuses on the weaknesses and strengths of the winning team.....learns from this.....then...
works up a gameplan that his team can practice until gameday in the tourney...{as LSU did that year}....and win the game....{as LSU did that year}. So yeah....it can happen...

Of course UK has to get past Wisc.first,...which right now is a maybe/maybe not.

Florida/UCONN is for later....for UK or Wisc.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to root for Wisky with no sure fire NBA talent (well Kaminski) but history tells us that nba talent is required.

Plus it'd be nice to give Wisky there first title.

Highest chance of winning it all is Florida.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that map is about folks "rooting" for Wisconsin and the OP is stating it as favored....Small difference in opinion...don't you think? Not that I really give a shit.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that map is about folks "rooting" for Wisconsin and the OP is stating it as favored....Small difference in opinion...don't you think? Not that I really give a shit.

Oh but you doooo.

Lol. Favored meaning people are rooting for them to win versus favored meaning more likely to win. That's all.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to root for Wisky with no sure fire NBA talent (well Kaminski) but history tells us that nba talent is required.

Plus it'd be nice to give Wisky there first title.

Highest chance of winning it all is Florida.
1) Wisconsin has won a title (it was in 1941, but still).

2) You're right that guys like Gasser, Brust and Jackson are probably too small for the NBA. He hasn't had a great tournament so far, but Sam Dekker was a 5 star recruit and will definitely go no later than the 2nd round (after his freshman season a lot of people said he could be a lottery pick). And Nigel Hayes is a freshman but looks like he's got solid potential (and size at 6'7", 250lbs).