• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3-0

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30-22: What an irritating end to the game, Jesus Christ, a 30-7 win turns into a 30-22 win.

Like everyone else, I had a ton of questions of how we would come out and play. I thought we played well, defense looked good, Kizer was a solid game manager and Prosise almost getting 200 yards on the ground.

Not so sure what's with the offensive line and the false starts. Other than that, Kizer had good pockets and time to throw.

Another injury, which looked like a season ending injury for Tranquill, who was having a really nice day. I can't remember who said it, but someone on this forum mentioned last week, or the week before, that they cringe whenever they see the chest bump celebration, and sure as shit, Tranquill celebrates and then blows his knee out.

Obviously I feel a hell of a lot better than I did last week after the game. How are you guys feeling now? We have UMass and then @Clemson. Are you guys feeling any better about our playoff chances?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win, the defense dominated the only issue is the defense took their foot of the peddle at the end and it showed.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that really irritates me. We had a sexy looking win, that turned into 30-22

30-7 was representative of how this game was played out

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Van Gorder. They played well and inspired. We need to ride CJ this year. He's a powerful runner and he can offset BK's tendencies. Kizer still needs some work. But we run the ball well. Please no more injuries.

Good game lads.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and @ChicagoIrish that was me. Procise did it after his long run too. I yelled at the TV

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the one good thing about GT scoring at the end like they did is it should be used by the players and coaches to keep on the ball for the entire game because I think the coaches kind of let up as well.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is everyone feeling going forward? Can we be a playoff team?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do a full recap later. TiVoed it because working today till 7(less then a hour)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had some time to think about it a bit more and Kelly needs to learn to put teams away. But today was not all his fault. I think Johnson was a bad sport about it. When we stopped them and the went up 30-7 we had them beat. Their O line wasn't blocking and we were stuffing the run. It seemed on the second to last drive, Johnson was throwing in the towel. His first few plays were vanilla. And we seemed to oblige to let him run out the clock and pad the stats. We definitely took the foot off the gas. But then he goes for the onside. At that point we should have put the gloves back on and bury him for showing us up. The second TD was entirely on us for letting it happen but part of me feels like shame on Johnson for kinda breaking an unwritten rule. We called the dogs off.

Kelly should remember that next time they meet. Johnson showed him up a bit. And Kelly let it happen by being merciful.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had some time to think about it a bit more and Kelly needs to learn to put teams away. But today was not all his fault. I think Johnson was a bad sport about it. When we stopped them and the went up 30-7 we had them beat. Their O line wasn't blocking and we were stuffing the run. It seemed on the second to last drive, Johnson was throwing in the towel. His first few plays were vanilla. And we seemed to oblige to let him run out the clock and pad the stats. We definitely took the foot off the gas. But then he goes for the onside. At that point we should have put the gloves back on and bury him for showing us up. The second TD was entirely on us for letting it happen but part of me feels like shame on Johnson for kinda breaking an unwritten rule. We called the dogs off.

Kelly should remember that next time they meet. Johnson showed him up a bit. And Kelly let it happen by being merciful.

I agree on Johnson and I'm more in favor of just not taking the foot of the gas until the clock reads zero.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

call me crazy but I've never been one who thinks there should be some mercy. I know a lot of folks think that way but not me. I've seen to many times a coach lets off and let the other team back in. Today if Georgia Tech doesn't drop that ball it is a one possession game and we have to recover another onside kick. I believe in burying the opponent. I remember when Spurrier was coaching Florida, he used to just keep running it up, I have always respected burying the pick axe in the opponent. I know that is not the consensus opinion though. That NFC championship game proved it's never over until it's over.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me crazy but I've never been one who thinks there should be some mercy. I know a lot of folks think that way but not me. I've seen to many times a coach lets off and let the other team back in. Today if Georgia Tech doesn't drop that ball it is a one possession game and we have to recover another onside kick. I believe in burying the opponent. I remember when Spurrier was coaching Florida, he used to just keep running it up, I have always respected burying the pick axe in the opponent. I know that is not the consensus opinion though. That NFC championship game proved it's never over until it's over.
I am not a fan of it either. At least with a bigger cushion anyway. But with the selection committee wanting style points it encourages running up the score. Which we're going to need since they already knock us for not playing in a conference championship game. But here's a hint. If your starters are in don't let up.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing though how often a big blowout can turn on one simple play or stupid penalty. I see it all the time. Last week was really no different. We were looking great and then they caught that incredibly lucky tipped ball , got a first down and momentum totally shifted. Moral to the story, beat them to a pulp and then shake their hand after the game. If you lose do the same and man up.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this team can hold it's head up high and be proud of it's accomplishments.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of it either. At least with a bigger cushion anyway. But with the selection committee wanting style points it encourages running up the score. Which we're going to need since they already knock us for not playing in a conference championship game. But here's a hint. If your starters are in don't let up.
I didn't see the end of the Giants vs Cowboys game but heard quite a bit about it. You have to play hard on every snap until the final whistle.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the end of the Giants vs Cowboys game but heard quite a bit about it. You have to play hard on every snap until the final whistle.
Yep. Although that was more a battle of wills who wanted to lose more