• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Toronto Raptors vs Philadelphia Sixers

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss is all on Embiid. Goofball is 8 foot tall and camped out on the 3 point line down the stretch. Cost them the series and probably the finals. What the hell is he thinking? get the bal on the block and get something going in the half court sets

Its Brown. They run the offense through Embid on top of the circle. Its crazy. They will never win with Brett Brown.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrast that with the humility Leonard just showed. Need more dudes like that in the league.

Exactly, class and humility go a long way, mostly with people that have class. Then again, maybe he doesn't want to surround himself with that type of people.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Honestly where does this shot line up with the best shots ever?
That Bosh tap out to Allen was pretty epic, the stakes were a little higher too...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed I missed the ending live because of Game of Thrones. Should have just watch GoT on delay. Or I can go the other route and blame the NBA for having the audacity to schedule a game that conflicts with GoT. I'm choosing the latter. Adam Silver needs to resign

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm cool with players crying in situations like this (high stakes playoff situations). It shows that you actually care. Now he needs to use that to go into this offseason and work on his conditioning. I don't buy that he spent most of this series sick. I think its more his conditioning caught up to him because of the heavy work load he's had in the playoffs. He's gonna have to cut out all the burgers and shakes before games. And Shaq and Chuck are right in that he needs to take up swimming to improve his cardio and lung capacity.

Crazy. Honestly where does this shot line up with the best shots ever?

It's up there. But for me, I like Dame's Dagger from last series better. This shot was awesome but its because it bounced so many times. It's essentially luck. Not all luck, but there's some there. Dame though. That's just a man with giant cojones ripping your heart out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LITERALLY one of the all time great moments in NBA history.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long till Brown rakes the fall?

Kind of harsh what might happen to Brown. That crazy shot kills your job? If it rims out, he gets to keep his job? Talk about narratives changing on tiny things....

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of harsh what might happen to Brown. That crazy shot kills your job? If it rims out, he gets to keep his job? Talk about narratives changing on tiny things....

Just not that shot

Brown was out coached by Brad Stevens last year
Also already mentioned in this thread to have Embiid camp out at the 3-point line is idiotic
but that comes from ramifications of not having a true point guard for your team
I am in no way advocating that Simmons should be traded - I believe he is going to be a valuable member of the Sixers if they keep him and he will be an all star player year in and year out
When he gets rolling he is a match up nightmare to deal with - yes he needs to develop a shot and I hope he realizes that
With that being said though he would be better served as a complement to a PG rather than being the PG

I don't think the Sixers can go much further with Brown as coach but I am ignorant on who is out there in the coaching ranks (and please no - no Ty Lue)

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep those 3 possessions where they didn't get a shot was terrible.

Interesting to see if Brown is out in the coming days

Those 3 straight possession, taking Embiid out in the 3rd after a 16-0 run only to allow the Raptors to go on a 11-3 run to close out the qt, and all those failed dribble handoffs to Redick in the 1st half. That right there, should get his ass fired!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Toronto!

Bad news though, Milwaukee is on another level. Going to need a lot more from your support players to take this series past 5 games.

Toronto is capable, but they have to play better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lowry might be the most misunderstand player in the league in terms of his value.

His critics point to the contract and the unspectacular offensive numbers as reasons to hate.

But, his defense is Patrick Beverly, Marcus Smart level good. And if he is correctly viewed on that spectrum, he comes off looking a whole lot better. Because he is a heady offensive player who helps things flow. He isn't going to take a game over, but he always contributes, even when shooting poorly.

Take Kyle Lowry off the Raptors and they are a first round exit kind of team. He isn't a star, but he is one of the most impactful support players in the game today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons had 13 points on 5 shot attempts.

Wtf are you only attempting 5 shots in game 7? Sad thing is dude played well. That 13 could had easily been 23 or 25 had he took 10-13 shots instead of just 5

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lowry might be the most misunderstand player in the league in terms of his value.

His critics point to the contract and the unspectacular offensive numbers as reasons to hate.

But, his defense is Patrick Beverly, Marcus Smart level good. And if he is correctly viewed on that spectrum, he comes off looking a whole lot better. Because he is a heady offensive player who helps things flow. He isn't going to take a game over, but he always contributes, even when shooting poorly.

Take Kyle Lowry off the Raptors and they are a first round exit kind of team. He isn't a star, but he is one of the most impactful support players in the game today.

He has been a star in recent years. Top 15ish good. Because he’s good on both ends.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His coaching has been suspect for a while now