• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#25 Ohio State @ #13 Iowa

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sonnabitch makes me want to slam my fist into something...

I missed the game...kinda sorta on account of the fact that Dan fuckn Dickitch was announcing.

"They lack toughness," per Dakich...

Lemme guess, though, he had Craft's balls in his cheeks the whole fuckn game, right?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game...kinda sorta on account of the fact that Dan fuckn Dickitch was announcing.

Lemme guess, though, he had Craft's balls in his cheeks the whole fuckn game, right?

i am pretty sure craft's balls were all the way down in his stomach by half time. I didn't watch a lot of the game, but in the 5 minutes i had it on there were about 5 references to his toughness by Dakich

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched about half the game and have to agree that Craft is a top flight point guard and he makes a difference for Ohio State. Put him on Iowa's team and they win that game. I'm surprised that the Pro's love Ennis; I'll take Craft any time. Not saying Ennis is no good; IMO, he is the best Syracuse has had for a very long time....and just a Freshman.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn runeman I think your post liking craft shut down the CBB forum...

I think he is just fine as a player, but I would never take him over Tyler Ennis, not for one second. He isn't the passer or the scorer that Ennis is (with 3 extra years of experience) and while he plays with poise down the stretch MOST of the time, Ennis has been simply perfect at the end of ballgames and is the #1 reasons syracuse hasn't lost any of the close games they have been in.

His defensive advantage is big, but we can't be too sure how big since Ennis is stuck in the zone (not in a bad way, just when it comes to evaluating his man to man defensive abilities).

Craft is a great player, don't get me wrong. But Tyler Ennis is the real deal, homie

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE Aaron Craft. HATE him. SOOO that must mean he is pretty damn good. We rarely hate players from opposing teams in our conferences that arent :) LOL. But seriously. I hate him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am pretty sure craft's balls were all the way down in his stomach by half time. I didn't watch a lot of the game, but in the 5 minutes i had it on there were about 5 references to his toughness by Dakich

He's white so the only way to describe him is tough, gritty, or "gamer."

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is all of those things. And I appreciate his overall game. But when dakich goes on tv spouting "I would take aaron craft first over any other player in the country" all year, when he AND his team are clearly having a bad year for their standards, is downright ridiculous.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you and the Pro experts are in agreement. I really like Craft and think he is a great passer and suspect he scores as much as Ennis...haven't looked it up. Just saying I have watched both a lot and really like what Craft brings to the floor. I suspect the Pros are thinking down the road and thinking Ennis will grow into an NBA point guard. I would take Craft over Scottie Wilbekin who Dick Vitale(sp) last night stated he was the best in College. Never agreed with that guy much...I like Wilbekin, and he is an excellent point guard; however he has a lot of help in Hill, Praither, and Frazier. I have watched Craft too many times snatch victory for his team late in the game. IMO, he is the best gamer in CBB.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you and the Pro experts are in agreement. I really like Craft and think he is a great passer and suspect he scores as much as Ennis...haven't looked it up. Just saying I have watched both a lot and really like what Craft brings to the floor. I suspect the Pros are thinking down the road and thinking Ennis will grow into an NBA point guard. I would take Craft over Scottie Wilbekin who Dick Vitale(sp) last night stated he was the best in College. Never agreed with that guy much...I like Wilbekin, and he is an excellent point guard; however he has a lot of help in Hill, Praither, and Frazier. I have watched Craft too many times snatch victory for his team late in the game. IMO, he is the best gamer in CBB.

i agree with you there. I would take Craft 100 times out of 100 over wilbekin. But definitely not over ennis. If i really need a defensive stop and the other team's point guard is the biggest threat, then Craft is my man. But not in many other situations do I think he can compare w/ ennis

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL; I'm guilty of calling him a gamer...that said, that guy is a player and I wish we had him here at Florida. We definitely would have been in the final 4 the past two years as it was our guards who couldn't handle big game pressure.For me, the most important guy on the floor is the point guard. Consider Syracuse over the last several years without one. They hated me when I stated MCW was a guard, but not a point guard. Took a lot of grief over that. Now Syracuse has a legit point guard and pretty much the same team and look at them now. Another example, a few years ago Kemba Walker carried UConn right to the title. Without Craft, Ohio State is in big trouble.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While dakich's love affair is obnoxious times 100 he is mostly right. Craft is a player, plain and simple.

It pisses me off when people I know just look at the "3 stats". If you can't watch him and tell why he's good idk what to say.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on the sport news this morning that the experts consider Ennis the 10th overall pick. I must say, that surprises me. I thought he needed at least another year at Syracuse to get a little stronger and better at managing the floor. I cheated and looked it up...Ennis scores 12.1 points/game and Craft 9.4. so Ennis does score more...not sure if that small of a difference should matter as so many things that don't show up are really important for that position.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on the sport news this morning that the experts consider Ennis the 10th overall pick. I must say, that surprises me. I thought he needed at least another year at Syracuse to get a little stronger and better at managing the floor. I cheated and looked it up...Ennis scores 12.1 points/game and Craft 9.4. so Ennis does score more...not sure if that small of a difference should matter as so many things that don't show up are really important for that position.

Ennis is a true freshman...craft is a 4th year senior. Ennis does look like he could use more strength.

I think Craft shoots the three better, but I don't think Craft is as efficient. Ennis has a 4 - 1 assist to turn over ratio. In addition he is averaging over 2 steals a game. Those are off the chart stats for a guard in a power conference. And in big games, Ennis always beats his average. If no one is making shots at the end of the game, he does.

I think Ennis has the higher potential. If the "experts" are correct, Ennis should go pro. Anyone that can be a lottery pick can always come back to college if the NBA doesn't work out. But get that payday while it's being offered.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to weigh in on this discussion, which is a good one btw. I'm ashamed to admit I cannot stand Craft. The kid is a player that's all there is to it. I heard or read he will be a 4 time Big Ten Academic All America athlete. How can I hate this kid? He's a good college player but he doesn't belong in the same conversation with Ennis. I'm no expert but I can't see this kid playing in the NBA. Ennis is very young and very good right now. HE will play in the NBA as long as he wants to. He could score 25 a nite if needed. He can score at almost anytime , SU fans have seen it many times this yr. His scoring is not needed so he settles for whatever garbage he can pick up but there's no doubt he could score a LOT more than 12 a nite. Craft is one of those guys you hate when he isn't on your team and you love him when he is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Dakich, Craft is the player he would want most in college basketball.

He loves him, he did play good last night.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to weigh in on this discussion, which is a good one btw. I'm ashamed to admit I cannot stand Craft. The kid is a player that's all there is to it. I heard or read he will be a 4 time Big Ten Academic All America athlete. How can I hate this kid? He's a good college player but he doesn't belong in the same conversation with Ennis. I'm no expert but I can't see this kid playing in the NBA. Ennis is very young and very good right now. HE will play in the NBA as long as he wants to. He could score 25 a nite if needed. He can score at almost anytime , SU fans have seen it many times this yr. His scoring is not needed so he settles for whatever garbage he can pick up but there's no doubt he could score a LOT more than 12 a nite. Craft is one of those guys you hate when he isn't on your team and you love him when he is.

The only thing I hate about Craft is the media's coverage of him. Everything else I love, besides his jumper. MAN that thing is ugly, I am pretty sure I had better form when I was about 6.

I think it is a stretch to say Craft is a better 3 point shooter. He has been probably a career 35% shooter, and Ennis in his first year is at 39% and I think he struggled MIGHTILY to begin the season. That 39% will very likely end up being north of 40 and that would be incredibly impressive for a frosh to do.

I think Craft could carve out a niche as an on ball defender in the NBA. He will never be a starter or a big minutes guy, but someone who can lock down another PG has to have SOME value, doesn't he?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craft is the guy that pisses the other teams' fans off.

He is a guy that will play for 40 minutes every night. He has quickness mainly in his feet, plays great defense, and can finish at the hoop. He could be the best player in the floor for AAU, middle school, high school, and college. But he isn't made for the NBA, too many great offensive players in the NBA, defense helps, but it doesn't help if you can't shoot a jumpshot---which Craft lacks.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I hate about Craft is the media's coverage of him. Everything else I love, besides his jumper. MAN that thing is ugly, I am pretty sure I had better form when I was about 6.

I think it is a stretch to say Craft is a better 3 point shooter. He has been probably a career 35% shooter, and Ennis in his first year is at 39% and I think he struggled MIGHTILY to begin the season. That 39% will very likely end up being north of 40 and that would be incredibly impressive for a frosh to do.

I think Craft could carve out a niche as an on ball defender in the NBA. He will never be a starter or a big minutes guy, but someone who can lock down another PG has to have SOME value, doesn't he?

yeah I gotta believe a guy who can defend that well has a place somewhere. I'm speaking out of ignorance here becuz I really don't know his defense at all. I look at him as a PG and I just don't see it. Still there are guys who carve out a spot by doing one thing well

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

btw his J is foul! I grew up a hockey player and am positive I have a better looking shot than he does. Difference is he makes one every now and then , I still havent

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not the kid, it's the bloviate asshole announcer...

he is all of those things. And I appreciate his overall game. But when dakich goes on tv spouting "I would take aaron craft first over any other player in the country" all year, when he AND his team are clearly having a bad year for their standards, is downright ridiculous.

egg
fuckn
zackly!