• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

25-Man Roster Announced

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Here... We... Go... It's final... Mariners announce Opening Day 25-man roster - Seattle Mariners | 710 ESPN Seattle

Starting pitchers
(in order of rotation) – Felix Hernandez, James Paxton, Hisashi Iwakuma, Taijuan Walker, J.A. Happ.

Relief pitchers – Danny Farquhar, Charlie Furbush, Yoervis Medina, Tyler Olson, Fernando Rodney, Carson Smith, Tom Wilhelmsen.

Catchers – Mike Zunino, Jesus Sucre.

Infielders – Logan Morrison, Robinson Cano, Kyle Seager, Brad Miller, Willie Bloomquist.

Outfielders – Dustin Ackley, Nelson Cruz, Austin Jackson, Seth Smith, Justin Ruggiano, Rickie Weeks.

15-day disabled list – Chris Taylor (INF), Edgar Olmos (LHP).

I'm pumped... Love the Righty, Lefty throughout our Starting Pitchers... The rotation is Felix, Paxton, Iwa, Walker, Happ... This is going to be one of the best, if not the best rotation in MLB...

The main concern I have about our bullpen is our closer, Rodney... I felt he had gotten luck so many times last year... A closer can't continue to walk or allow a hit in over 50% of your starts and get the save... Too many times last season, Rodney had to pitch out of trouble.... I hope that changes, if not, he won't have nearly as many saves imo...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the roster, my concerns are they need a sacrificial lamb bullpen arm to take the pounding in April with the limited innings Paxton and Walker are going to take and the rough starts that Haap and IMO Kuma will have. My other concern is Lloyd progressive coaching style seems to make Willie and Weeks basically every day starters with a combo of Ackley, Morrison or Miller getting days off with lefties on the mound.

IMO a good start is crucial to this season with bullpen going to get some extended work and position players needing to get defined roles and comfortable in those roles.

Overall, I'm excited and will as normal get past my distain for the management and get behind and shell out money rooting them on and hopefully the Mariners can have a magical season that will give all the bandwagon Seahawks fans someone to root for after the horrible ending to their season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have minded a 6th man/reliever type to take up some spot starts for Walker and Paxton. Elias could be that guy. Maybe since he used his option they just play that up and down game for awhile. I already got the gam set to record for tomorrow and will watch as soon as I can (in-laws in town so may be tough...ug).

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullpen success is ephemeral.

a bunch of nfl warriors who just started paying attention to baseball last year are going to be crying in seattle, i'm betting.

it's a long season. watch and learn. the morons on seattle radio are going to be particularly insufferable.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullpen success is ephemeral.

a bunch of nfl warriors who just started paying attention to baseball last year are going to be crying in seattle, i'm betting.

it's a long season. watch and learn. the morons on seattle radio are going to be particularly insufferable.

That's mostly due to know local radio show hosts is really a baseball guy besides the one guy on 710 who splits duty. They are treating baseball like football with the spring training mattering like preseason football and opening day like game 1 of 16 or 12 instead of 162. Backups are a small role in football but a huge part in baseball which is where I don't get the jump to WS talk because of the Cruz signing.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willhemsen worries me. Borrowed time for this guy! I like the young arms like Smith. Not a Huge Rodney fan, but he had us on edge 50% of the time and still had 40+ saves. Hoping he is better, more consistent, this year.

Walker brings it this year, 15+ wins.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willhemsen worries me. Borrowed time for this guy! I like the young arms like Smith. Not a Huge Rodney fan, but he had us on edge 50% of the time and still had 40+ saves. Hoping he is better, more consistent, this year.

Walker brings it this year, 15+ wins.

Im not a huge fan of Rodney either, but he seems to be able to tight rope out of danger often. I think one of his biggest issues last season was walking guys. He would put himself in trouble doing that then he would have to work out of it. Limiting the walks would be nice.