• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #<23 OREGON DUCKS vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 3:30 PM EST ABC

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hHm1sN2.gif

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny. While I'm hoping for a win and if we play a good game we are fully capable of beating Oregon, I'm by no means counting on it. Most Husker fans listed this as a toss up game or even a loss coming into the year. We have a quarterback who is not the ideal fit for the type of offense we want to run so our transition to the new coaching staff won't truly be complete until we have somebody come up next year. That said, our offense has shown the ability to put up points despite the somewhat awkward difference in style between our QB and what we want to do on offense. On the other side of the ball, our defense looks to be improving from last year with one year under their belts in this system. Don't know if it will be enough this week because Freeman is a pretty special player.

In the end, if we end up losing this week, most (reasonable) Husker fans will not be surprised. On the other hand, if we come out and win, the absolute meltdown by OD will be legendary. I'm just sad I'm going to have to catch up on it later because I will be at a watch party and unable to witness OD giving himself a play by play during the game.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny. While I'm hoping for a win and if we play a good game we are fully capable of beating Oregon, I'm by no means counting on it. Most Husker fans listed this as a toss up game or even a loss coming into the year. We have a quarterback who is not the ideal fit for the type of offense we want to run so our transition to the new coaching staff won't truly be complete until we have somebody come up next year. That said, our offense has shown the ability to put up points despite the somewhat awkward difference in style between our QB and what we want to do on offense. On the other side of the ball, our defense looks to be improving from last year with one year under their belts in this system. Don't know if it will be enough this week because Freeman is a pretty special player.

In the end, if we end up losing this week, most (reasonable) Husker fans will not be surprised. On the other hand, if we come out and win, the absolute meltdown by OD will be legendary. I'm just sad I'm going to have to catch up on it later because I will be at a watch party and unable to witness OD giving himself a play by play during the game.

Put me down in the Oregon is going to win the game Husker fan. I had Nebraska at 7-5 for 2016.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONE DAY CLOSER!!!!!!!

Each day this week I am putting up a new Oregon decoration around the house in honor of the countdown to this game so when gameday is here my house is decked out with Duck stuff.

Today was the Oregon "O" flag. Solid green with a giant yellow "O" on it. Hung it in the kitchen. Wife pissed.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh......Nebraska by a score.

This one isn't hard to pick.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lWCK5qo.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this where we are cordially invited to Nebraska's funeral?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone ragging on Oregon's D but just to point out look at the last few years and the numbers aren't any worse and actually a smidge better (granted UC Davis and Virginia) than the last few years where Oregon has still managed to win the majority of their games.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone ragging on Oregon's D but just to point out look at the last few years and the numbers aren't any worse and actually a smidge better (granted UC Davis and Virginia) than the last few years where Oregon has still managed to win the majority of their games.
I wouldn't focus on Oregon's defense. Its the offense that carries them when they have success. If I am Nebraska i'm focused on.

*Stopping Freeman

*containing an extremely fast wr corps

*Dictaing tempo and keeping Prukop out of sync

but thats just my opinion from what I've seen

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which people will also argue the offense isn't the same as before