• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #<23 OREGON DUCKS vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 3:30 PM EST ABC

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of...

Shatel: For Nike’s Phil Knight, Nebraska is one that got away

@OregonDucks

Nebraska was actually almost Nike U. Would have been the flagship for the brand. Tom told Phil to piss off. Hindsight's 20/20.
Ol Phil still knows where to head when he wants to feel like a champ....

1384064092000-BYr3KY-CEAEnEe0.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like today?

Washington is 9 and the Charmin Duckys are 21, right?
Too many variables and its still too early.Washington finished 31st in total Defense last year to Oregons 116 finish. And the Ducks still extended their streak to 12 in a row. The Ducks also finished 5th in total offense to Washington's 61. They both play completely different styles.

The Huskers are going to be a huge test. Nebraska is far rom a low level team. I wouldn't focus on the Oregon defense.As much as the Huskers finding a way to prohibit Oregon from establishing their tempo on offense.The Huskers keeping Oregons first down yardage minimal. And the Huskers being productive on offense.Will be two major keys in accomplishing that.The bulk of origins losses came while Adams was out. Prukop may actually be an upgrade.Nebraska is going to have to watch Freeman and the quick wr screens on 1st down.Ive got a ton of respect for Oregon and Nebraska scheduling this game. Its going to be a great match up and a lot of fun to watch.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many variables and its still too early.Washington finished 31st in total Defense last year to Oregons 116 finish. And the Ducks still extended their streak to 12 in a row. The Ducks also finished 5th in total offense to Washington's 61. They both play completely different styles.

The Huskers are going to be a huge test. Nebraska is far rom a low level team. I wouldn't focus on the Oregon defense.As much as the Huskers finding a way to prohibit Oregon from establishing their tempo on offense.The Huskers keeping Oregons first down yardage minimal. And the Huskers being productive on offense.Will be two major keys in accomplishing that.The bulk of origins losses came while Adams was out. Prukop may actually be an upgrade.Nebraska is going to have to watch Freeman and the quick wr screens on 1st down.Ive got a ton of respect for Oregon and Nebraska scheduling this game. Its going to be a great match up and a lot of fun to watch.
Washington was 13th in points allowed, you dumb son of a bitch. What do you consider 'total fefense'?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like today?

Washington is 9 and the Charmin Duckys are 21, right?
Nebraska was rand 61st in total Defense last year. Appalachian State and central Michigan finished ahead of all of them. I wouldn't focus so much on stats. That has just as much to do with scheduling and conferences. Its tough to gauge right now based on the completion both teams have played. Based on the games I've seen and the

Nebraska clips I've watched. Containment of 1st down yards.And production on offense are going to be major factors for Nebraska.

Oregon's production on first down and dictating tempo. And the defense getting stops when they need them will be major factors for Oregon.

I wouldnt sleep on the ducks defense. They spend a lot of time on the field. With Oregons quick strike offense. Its been that way for years.There a lot more to be read in stats than numbers.

Total Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com