• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #<23 OREGON DUCKS vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 3:30 PM EST ABC

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could end up a top 25 thread if Nebraska finds a way to win.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OREGON CORN:

grain_silage_corn_hits_top_10_oregon_crop_listing_1_634804020488750000.jpg

NEBRASKA CORN:

ar132224556431963.JPG
Our corN is clearly larger and more erect.... I think you should consult a physician.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 pages in this thread and I can't even get thru 3 pages of it without wanting my wasted time back. Leave it to Clark and OD to make a thread completely un-interesting before others even have a chance to contribute to it or read it. No thanks.

keCx81.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 pages in this thread and I can't even get thru 3 pages of it without wanting my wasted time back. Leave it to Clark and OD to make a thread completely un-interesting before others even have a chance to contribute to it or read it. No thanks.

keCx81.gif
you got a few more days of your seasons still being relevant. Enjoy it.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Oregon wins

Fly sweeps
Bombs to the fast wide receivers

I don't know enough about the Oregon Defense. The Oregon defense will not stop the Nebraska offense, but Tommy Armstrong will probably make a bonehead play or two. Tommy Armstrong is capable of playing spectacularly and also having playing like a horse's ass.

Nebraska has a good passing game, a good running game, and a pretty good kicker. Nebraska punting sucks. Nebraska punt returns are exceptionally boring unless Demornay Pierson El can find his freshman season fireworks.

How Nebraska wins

Stops those two Oregon plays, fly sweeps and bombs.
Pass Rush. Lots of it. Too bad Nebraska doesn't seem to have it.

I doubt Nebraska can cover Devon Allen on a fly route. Staying 20 yards back to stop the fly leaves the short routes open all day long.

Nebraska is pretty stout if you run up the middle, but if Oregon goes out on the edge with Freeman, then it could be Melvin Gordon all over again.

The good news, Prukop is not a running threat. But he can throw.

Nebraska will get points, but I do not think they will keep up with Oregon unless Nebraska can get in the backfield before Prokup hands to Freeman or gets to throw a pass.

If Nebraska can consistently pressure Prokup then it just might be a win for Nebraska.

I pick Oregon with a win by 10 or less.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK for some actual content here, 4 Nebraska starters are questionable for Saturday. WRs Alonzo Moore (shoulder) Brandon Reilly (hamstring) DB Lamar Jackson (groin), DT Mick Stoltenberg (knee scoped last week)

Jackson dressed out for practice today, Moore is likely to be upgraded to probable as the week goes on, and knowing Reilly he'll find a way, but I'd say Stoltenberg is doubtful. That leaves the Davis twins (Carlos and Khalil) to pick up the slack. Carlos had a solid first start last week against a conventional power run offense.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK for some actual content here, 4 Nebraska starters are questionable for Saturday. WRs Alonzo Moore (shoulder) Brandon Reilly (hamstring) DB Lamar Jackson (groin), DT Mick Stoltenberg (knee scoped last week)

Jackson dressed out for practice today and Moore is likely to be upgraded to probable as the week goes on, and knowing Reilly he'll find a way, but I'd say Stoltenberg is doubtful. That leaves the Davis twins (Carlos and Khalil) to pick up the slack. Carlos had a solid first start last week against a conventional power run offense.
Man. 5 more starters go down and Oregon has a shot.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. 5 more starters go down and Oregon has a shot.

Hah. I'd say the only truly concerning injury is Reilly with the hamstring. He's a proven 4.4 deep threat guy, but so is Moore and he's had a nagging shoulder injury dating back to last year and still found a way to stay on the field. Stoltenberg only just earned his Blackshirt this year, and the Davis twins have a lot more upside in the pass rush. Jackson is just an extremely physically gifted true freshman who we couldn't keep off the field this year, but he has yet to earn a Blackshirt.