• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20th Anniversary of Pink Floyd's The Division Bell

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

It's a bit depressing. I'm one of those that still thinks the 90's was a decade ago.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked that album. I remember one night driving back from a snowboarding trip up to Stevens Pass later 1990s. White out cascade concrete conditions driving down the pass. High winds. Pitch black skies. Defroster on full blast. Wipers struggling to keep the snow off the windshield. Lots of ice underneth the snow making thing very rough, even with my my 4 wheel drive. Multiple cars had slid off the road. Everyone was going like like 15 mph tops. It was one of the nastiest descents down that pass I ever dealt with.

I was listening to that album. Remember it clearly. It kept me calm as I was praying to survive it to the bottom.

I really loved What do you want from me and High Hopes.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very underrated album.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

It's a bit depressing. I'm one of those that still thinks the 90's was a decade ago.

Hear you on that.

I associate this album with trips back and forth from Ocean City Maryland when I was living a half-hour outside of D.C. The 40 year old bartender MILF (whom I was totally in love with) liked my respect for 70s bands and we listened to this album on a couple of occasions on the trip.

The relationship ended badly... strung out over months. Neither one of us wanted to hurt the other. Can't help but think of this album when I think of that relationship. To this day I can't listen to "High Hopes" without getting weepy.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a HUGE Floyd fan but this album does not represent their strongest work to me. Even in the post-Waters era, Momentary Lapse of Reason stands out as much better IMO.

But the concert tour was spectacular! Wish that I was able to see them again live because they had by far and away the most incredible stage show, sound system, etc.

RIP Richard Wright.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a HUGE Floyd fan but this album does not represent their strongest work to me. Even in the post-Waters era, Momentary Lapse of Reason stands out as much better IMO.

But the concert tour was spectacular! Wish that I was able to see them again live because they had by far and away the most incredible stage show, sound system, etc.

RIP Richard Wright.

I don't think that really matters. To compare it to their older material isn't relevant in a Pink Floyd discussion. At their peak in the 70's, they were putting out a studio album every couple years.

By 1983 when the Final Cut was done, Rodger Waters was already moonbat crazy material.

Lapse of Reason was a beautiful effort by Gilmour to include Nick Mason and Richard Wright in the process, without invoking the wrath of all the legal bullshit butthurt Rodgers pulled to force the band into the abyss.

Lapse of Reason was released in 1987 and Division Bell was released in 1994.

Both albums are to be considered miracles considering all the legal bullshit Rodgers kept pulling. While I respect Rodgers greatly for his work on those Floyd albums, he's a fucking psycho bitter dbag for thinking he's the only reason PF can exist.

I still give alot of credit Gilmour did Division Bell and the Pulse tour. Too think that High Hopes as a song was the last track of the last studio Floyd album is just perfection, considering it's mood and theme. The album hit #1 on any meaningful countries charts. I think it was such a wonderful way to go out on a high note musically, even if the initial reviews where hard on it trying to compare it to past albums. I loved that album. It was a wonderful mix of sounds, tones, and instruments they used on the older albums and the newest of technology available.

High Hopes gets me every time I listen to it. To tears considering all the memories I attach to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put it in perspective, during the division bell recordings, they found the Farfisa rig in storage that Richard Wright had used on many of the early Floyd albums, including all over Dark Side of the Moon. It's tones are all over the Division Bell's song Marooned and others. At the time, this thing was the mad scientists dream of an electric organ when it came to tones. Tube amplification to power it. Any keys player would jizz in their pants in its presence.

800px-Expo_Pink_Floyd_-_Farfisa.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDH7JqF_EFg]Pink Floyd -- Take it Back - YouTube[/ame]