• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Rosterbation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keaton Winn threw in one of today's split squad games and looked decent. The question is, will he make the team as a starter or reliever? I doubt he'll be able to throw more than a couple of innings right now so I guess he could be an opener. However, if both he and Snell are going to be short inning starters, that will really tax the bullpen early.
Make any sense to open up the first few weeks with 4 starters and let Snell start and bring in Hicks for long relief. Early in the season so the other starter arms shouldn't be taxed too much with a 4 man rotation for a few weeks... just spit ballin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other SP today got the crap knocked out of him...again. NINE ER in the first inning. I know it's ST, but damn ace -- can we see a good game before we go to SD?

Edit: not all on Webb. He left T1 down 0-4 and Kiest came in and gave up the other 5 runs. Webb went back in to pitch in the second and was fine the rest of the way. Still, I'd like to see some dominance from him.
didn't follow the game live but the KNBR narrative was Spud was singled to death. Not excited about hit-after-hit-after-hit.....

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make any sense to open up the first few weeks with 4 starters and let Snell start and bring in Hicks for long relief. Early in the season so the other starter arms shouldn't be taxed too much with a 4 man rotation for a few weeks... just spit ballin'
Small is likely to start the season on the IL

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These former Giants are all FAs on March 22. Historically, FAs on March 22 have very little chance of ever playing in the bigs again. Anyone here likely to make a comeback?
these-former-giants-are-all-free-agents-and-today-is-march-v0-sg1e8j9efxpc1.png

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These former Giants are all FAs on March 22. Historically, FAs on March 22 have very little chance of ever playing in the bigs again. Anyone here likely to make a comeback?
View attachment 357864
Alberto and especially Hamilton have bounced around recently. Could be that they are done. Maybe they'll stick around. Not sure.
I think both Belt and Longoria were considering retirement at one point just before or during the offseason. Wouldn't be surprised to see both of them hang it up.
I didn't realize Melancon was that old already. I would think that he and Cueto are probably done as well. Ditto Pollock and Ruf.
Solano, however, was fairly productive last year. Haven't heard anything about him considering retirement. Not sure what to expect with him.
Bumgarner and La Stella have been out of professional baseball for about 9 months. Not sure they will play again.
Coonrod I could see latching on to some indy ball club but I don't know if he'll work his way back.
Garcia is probably the most likely to return. I think he had some major surgery and won't be available until approximately the All-Star break. Some club may sign him and use him as a mid season bullpen upgrade.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt had a decent year again last year, a few teams could use him.

Solano always seems to have decent years. The Giants never officially informed me why they didn’t keep him. He could be a decent backup infielder for some team especially.

Most everyone else is done, but if Crawford could sign a contract and not play in spring training I guess anyone else can too.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt had a decent year again last year, a few teams could use him.

Solano always seems to have decent years. The Giants never officially informed me why they didn’t keep him. He could be a decent backup infielder for some team especially.

Most everyone else is done, but if Crawford could sign a contract and not play in spring training I guess anyone else can too.
Craw has appeared in 5 games for the Cards.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read hamstring
Per team website:
Manager Bob Melvin said that Bart is expected to play in Sunday’s exhibition game against the Triple-A affiliate Sacramento River Cats, and does not believe this is a setback for the catcher.
“I think it was more of a cramp, to tell you the truth,” Melvin said.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we just completely missed this, or we talked about it and I just don’t remember it, but Bryce Johnson is with the Pads now. He signed with them on 12/21.

Was this discussed?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we just completely missed this, or we talked about it and I just don’t remember it, but Bryce Johnson is with the Pads now. He signed with them on 12/21.

Was this discussed?
I did briefly mention his signing in the former Giants thread

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Webb is set to make this 3rd Opening Day start for the Giants, tying him with John Montefusco, Mike Krukow, John Burkett, and Liván Hernández on the franchise leaderboard. Juan Marichal holds the franchise record with 10 Opening Day starts.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of an interesting observation. Ismael Munguia has not officially been reassigned yet, so he is still "in camp" with spring training coming to an end. There is no obvious path for him to make the roster, but perhaps a sign of how the Giants view him?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of an interesting observation. Ismael Munguia has not officially been reassigned yet, so he is still "in camp" with spring training coming to an end. There is no obvious path for him to make the roster, but perhaps a sign of how the Giants view him?
They usually have a player most years that fit what you described. I think the idea behind it is he has played really well and the org wants a long look to determine if he is a bigger part of the future than previously thought

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doing my usual nerdy Excel spreadsheet to keep track of, well, you know, some stat.

I have entered the Giants' schedule, and can only come up with 161 games. 97 pre-ASB, 64 post-ASB. I have checked this with their printed schedule, and cannot find game 162. Unless there is a mysterious double header in there somewhere.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doing my usual nerdy Excel spreadsheet to keep track of, well, you know, some stat.

I have entered the Giants' schedule, and can only come up with 161 games. 97 pre-ASB, 64 post-ASB. I have checked this with their printed schedule, and cannot find game 162. Unless there is a mysterious double header in there somewhere.
July 27