• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Sutton has a warrant out for his arrest for domestic violence.
He will be found innocent. We have a years worth of tape that says he cant lay his hands on anyone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad is finally listening to me, LOL.

I never gave thought to the signing of a decent or even better iDL.
I didn't think Holmes would spend the money to acquire Reader or any other iDL outside of a Buggs or Benito Jones type.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love being wrong
regarding anything Holmes does whether his moves or non-moves are questioned by fans.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be found innocent. We have a years worth of tape that says he cant lay his hands on anyone.

Be respectful just in case there exists a real victim.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fautanu is in the top 15 of a lot of boards (although outside top 30 on some too). I dont see him being there. Fuaga has almost no shot. We probably wont be looking at tackles anyway.

Look man, when I'm doing my puff, puff, no pass, don't fuck with my fantasies, Okay?

I'm well aware of where players are ranked by these media pundits.

This board could put together a half-dozen guys and come up with a better player ranking than the vast majority who rank players in their top 50, 100, 150 players.

BTW, every single team will differ on where players are ranked on their board.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need to spend picks on the line every year to try and keep it going.

100% agree with this take.

I don't know which position or player needs a backup ready to play in any given week.
Is it Ragnow or Decker?
An OT this draft surely would be great as leaning on Skipper and Nelson doesn't make me feel all cozy and warm.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Kansas OT Puni as a "possibility". He was Kansas LT
Holmes and company did visit with him at the combine at least from what little has been reported.

That 3-cone and short shuttle are superior athletic marks to hit for any damn O-Lineman.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Sutton has a warrant out for his arrest for domestic violence.

GoB; On paper or the interwebs reading, this isn't going to bode well.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office issued a warrant for Sutton's arrest earlier this month on one count of domestic battery by strangulation for an incident in Lutz, Florida, a suburb of Tampa.

Phil Martello, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, said the department responded to a call for domestic violence in progress involving Sutton, 29, and a female around 5 a.m. March 7.

From Birkett:

“We served his warrant on the seventh because of all the evidence that we found there,” (assistant chief communications officer Phil) Martello said. “Couldn’t find him here in Tampa, pretty sure he fled. We got a couple hits on his license plate (on) license plate readers, but haven’t been able to track him down here, so that’s where we’re at right now.
“They’ve attempted to make contact with him, can’t get him on the phone, so they’ve released — our detectives have exhausted everything to try and get ahold of him and that’s why we end up putting the stuff on social media.”

From Rogers:

“We tried to make contact with (Sutton),” Martello said. “We’ve called him, no answer. He’s been ducking us. Our deputies have exhausted all leads here. He’s got vehicles and a home in a county one over from us and he’s not been there and we’ve not been able to catch him there. So, again, it seems like he’s turned his phone off or gotten rid of his phone or something because we haven’t been able to get ahold of him.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll call out the statement by Lions organization as complete bullshit that they only became aware of this situation this morning, March 20th, 2024. Birkett didn't write and release his article until this morning, the same date and Lions released statement.

Sutton has been incommunicado for nearly 13 days.

UPDATE: Lions released a statement

“We became aware of the ongoing legal situation involving Cam Sutton this morning. We will continue to monitor the situation and will not have further comment at this time.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onward to article that I'd never thought would come to fruition. A player(s) wanting to come to the Detroit Lions in a free agency signing.
From Detroit Lions.com

Detroit Lions general manager Brad Holmes said after the season he wouldn't overlook Detroit's offensive line in free agency.

He went to work, quickly re-signing versatile interior offensive lineman Graham Glasgow. The Lions lost starting left guard Jonah Jackson in free agency to the Rams, but Pro Bowl guard Kevin Zeitler has been on Holmes' radar since the start of free agency.

Zeitler told reporters Tuesday Detroit reached out to his agent right away at the start of free agency and while a deal took a little longer to finalize, he's happy to finally sign.

"Took a little longer than we thought it would but glad to be here," Zeitler said Tuesday in a Zoom call with Detroit reporters. "It all worked out. Really excited to meet everyone today and definitely made the right decision."

A first-round draft pick out of Wisconsin in 2012, Zeitler, 34, has been extremely durable during his career, starting 15 or more games each of the past nine seasons, which includes over 1,000 snaps in eight of those seasons.

"It's everything," Zeitler said about being available and able to play week in and week out. "The biggest thing you can contribute to this league is availability. No one cares why you're not on the field. You need to be out on the field. Luckily, I've had a great body team and great trainers throughout all the way from the start of my career that taught me great habits. For the most part, I've been lucky enough to avoid anything major and stay healthy and keep moving and keep going."

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penei Sewell's cousin.

BYU LT

You don't often see Big guys move like this downfield.

That would be great. He is impressive. Will have to use a day 2 pick though. He wont last long either.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro day workout info. It's highly incomplete and neither Walter Football or PFF have any info currently out yet.
You have to scroll way down near the end to find fastest times or best results for each individual category.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stashed articles on possible prospects for the 2024 draft.
You may have to refresh the page 3x if you have an ad-blocker/anti-banner.

Lions have visited with this player.

Abrams-Draine is much better, imo, than his teammate Ennis Rakestraw.

• Played snaps in college at every interior offensive line position.
  • Out of 1,605 pass-blocking snaps in his carrier, he has only given up three sacks.
  • Hasn’t given up a quarterback hit since 2021.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite CB in this draft is Toledo's Quinyon Mitchell.

I believe Alabama's CB Terrion Arnold has the highest ceiling with Georgia's Kamari Lassiter a close behind him 1a.

I wouldn't mind if Kool-Aid McKinstry fell into our area. I think he has a greater fall this draft than Joey Porter Jr. did last draft.

A more than likely late day 3 pick at CB is Tennessee's Kamal Hadden. He had shoulder surgery, so he should be in Holmes' wheelhouse.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro day workout info. It's highly incomplete and neither Walter Football or PFF have any info currently out yet.
You have to scroll way down near the end to find fastest times or best results for each individual category.

Some of these are pathetic. DLs not even putting up 20 reps on the bench. :happyshake::sigh:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite CB in this draft is Toledo's Quinyon Mitchell.

I believe Alabama's CB Terrion Arnold has the highest ceiling with Georgia's Kamari Lassiter a close behind him 1a.

I wouldn't mind if Kool-Aid McKinstry fell into our area. I think he has a greater fall this draft than Joey Porter Jr. did last draft.

A more than likely late day 3 pick at CB is Tennessee's Kamal Hadden. He had shoulder surgery, so he should be in Holmes' wheelhouse.
Starting to think we may have to go CB now. Sutton may have gone full Titus on us.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think we may have to go CB now. Sutton may have gone full Titus on us.
I would hope they sign one of Xavien Howard, Gilmore, or Witherspoon. Any one of them is an upgrade over Sutton and removes instant need to force an early drsft pick now.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see Beebe or even Zack Frazier - WVU Center - being drafted in the first round.

We'll know in about 6 weeks.
You are probably right about Frazier. I didnt know he actually broke his leg at the end of the season. I just assumed it was just a minor injury when I saw him at the combine.