• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my hope. Even though he got his first pro bowl I would not expect a repeat. Hopefully he can still play close to that level. Also considering how inconsistent JJ was last year we are actually upgrading or at least staying even. It will give our new draft pick(s) a chance to acclimate.
Lions should dedicate one of their first 3 picks to G for sure.

Holmes has done a good job of filling needs in Free Agency leaving BPA the easy call in the draft. It is a great spot to be in. CB and Interior line are the clear biggest needs. Ragnow has already discussed retirement and the guards are older.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions should dedicate one of their first 3 picks to G for sure.

Holmes has done a good job of filling needs in Free Agency leaving BPA the easy call in the draft. It is a great spot to be in. CB and Interior line are the clear biggest needs. Ragnow has already discussed retirement and the guards are older.
Agreed. We at least have a reasonable starter at every position now. IOL definitely needs some drafting. I am still not changing my draft plan. Still Frazier at 29 (possibly Beebee if necessary). DB and DE in rd 2 and 3.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we signed Reader it was looking like Darius Robinson, which would have been great, but now Inside is not so much a priority

Darius Robinson would have been viewed, in my opinion, as a replacement for Cominsky and a future rotational player with Paschal. I don't envision Robinson being drafted happening and surely not in the first round. Some analysts like Jeremiah comp him to Cam Jordan - body type and not CFB production. Robinson would become a Big DE playing 5/4i tech.

Holmes, Campbell and Glenn haven't seen what Paschal will become due to missing 5 games in each of his first 2 seasons.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes shocked me by signing DJ Reader which I love that signing and now signing Zeitler shocks me even more.

Well done Mr. Holmes.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the way guards are getting paid, I have to assume the 2 best bets for guards at 1st JPJ and Beebe will likely be gone. I would love getting Powers-Johnson.

I cannot see Beebe or even Zack Frazier - WVU Center - being drafted in the first round.

We'll know in about 6 weeks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeitler has played his entire career at RG starting 181/182 games.

I'll assume Glasgow moves to LG where he played for the Lions in 2019.

Appears he shouldn't be too costly either as his APY with the Ravens was 7.5M. That would be great. Jonah Jackson never came close to being graded as high as Zeitler on a consistent basis - if that means anything.

We all know @Old Lion only agrees with PFF so long as it lines up with his lenses.

Capture.PNG Kevin Zeitler old contract.PNG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of the contracts are out regarding Cap hits for recently signed players inclusive of Carlton Davis re-structure.
Davis' cap hit was due to hit 14M prior to the re-structure and now this.

Capture.PNG Carlton Davis contract.PNG

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see Beebe or even Zack Frazier - WVU Center - being drafted in the first round.

We'll know in about 6 weeks.
Beebee is a stretch but has been climbing draft boards. Frazier is properly placed in the late first early second round.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes shocked me by signing DJ Reader which I love that signing and now signing Zeitler shocks me even more.

Well done Mr. Holmes.
They definitely killed it this year. These guys have gotten better every year. Probably why these boards are so quiet now.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot figure out why Fuller wasn't considered over Davis.
It's a good fact that I don't know squat as to whom Holmes and company prefer as players.
Fuller's contract is what I'd think as low for APY.

Capture.PNG Kendall Fuller contract.PNG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 2024 Cap Space not including Zeitler and a couple of others.
Effective Cap Space is inclusive of draft picks added and same number of players currently on the roster monies subtracted - the bottom end of rostered 51 cutoff.

Capture.PNG Lions 2024 cap space.PNG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beebee is a stretch but has been climbing draft boards. Frazier is properly placed in the late first early second round.

I'm going on record as stating neither Beebe or Frazier are drafted in the first round or the Top 40.

I'm almost always wrong though, so you've got a very good chance of being correct.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely killed it this year. These guys have gotten better every year. Probably why these boards are so quiet now.

Holmes and Disner - cap guy - have been straddled with limited $$$ to spend in each of the first 3 seasons. Hell, they had to re-structure Goff's contract upon his arrival in order to sign Brockers not to mention having to release Trey Flowers and that huge dead money.
hit.

I agree with you in that they've done a masterful job this year bringing different players in to add to the roster. Whether each of them works out remains to be seen.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going on record as stating neither Beebe or Frazier are drafted in the first round or the Top 40.

I'm almost always wrong though, so you've got a very good chance of being correct.
Powers-Johnson is still my preferred pick if hebis there at 29. Adds depth for now, future center.