• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Wide Receiver Class

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the dude from South Carolina in Xavier Legette that I can steal in like round 3 or 4.
I'd say there is about an 80% chance he is rd2.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably right. Deebo Samuel's twin who was the 36th pick in the 2nd round.

Tough, physical guys on average to below average teams that standout on film in the SEC are hard to look past.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree, altho based on his tape and of course his excellent combine, Legette does have a chance at sneaking in the end of Rd 1. It's been mentioned in here and in mock draft sites that as many as 7 WRs might be taken in the 1st round. The first three are a given:
1. MHJ
2. Rome Odunze
3. Malik Nabers

Where it starts to tighten a bit is 4-6 - here are my predicted next three:
4. Brian Thomas
5. Adonai Mitchell
6. Keon Coleman

Then after this, damn!!! Any number of very talented WRs could slip in here at 7 or higher - in no particular order:
Ricky Pearsall
Xavier Worthy
Roman Wilson
Troy Franklin
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Leggette

And my apolgies for leaving off the names of any other top wideout who could qualify here. The one name who might drop a bit in the otherwise sure top 6 is Keon Coleman. He struggled a bit in the combine, yet has that size and contested catch strength OCs really like. As I've said before, easily the deepest, most talented WR group I've ever seen in a draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree, altho based on his tape and of course his excellent combine, Legette does have a chance at sneaking in the end of Rd 1. It's been mentioned in here and in mock draft sites that as many as 7 WRs might be taken in the 1st round. The first three are a given:
1. MHJ
2. Rome Odunze
3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas
5. Adonai Mitchell
6. Keon Coleman

Then after this, damn!!! Any number of very talented WRs could slip in here at 7 or higher - in no particular order:
Ricky Pearsall
Xavier Worthy
Roman Wilson
Troy Franklin
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Leggette

And my apolgies for leaving off the names of any other top wideout who could qualify here. The one name who might drop a bit in the otherwise sure top 6 is Keon Coleman. He struggled a bit in the combine, yet has that size and contested catch strength OCs really like. As I've said before, easily the deepest, most talented WR group I've ever seen in a draft.

I don't think hanging your hat on contested catch strength typically ends well for WR prospects. They need to get separation in the NFL.

People keep pointing to his speed in the gauntlet drill (fastest in the drill), but really that was due to his confidence in his hands more than anything else. He may need to be schemed open at the next level (well, at least compared to other 1st and 2nd round prospects). He'll find his role, but he may not compare well to the other 1st round prospects' production moving forward. Tough eval for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably right. Deebo Samuel's twin who was the 36th pick in the 2nd round.

Tough, physical guys on average to below average teams that standout on film in the SEC are hard to look past.

I'd say he's more cousin than twin.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. MHJ
2. Rome Odunze
3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas
5. Adonai Mitchell
6. Keon Coleman

Ricky Pearsall
Xavier Worthy
Roman Wilson
Troy Franklin
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Leggette

I think with how deep everything is, I don't really see anyone trading up that much in rd1. Like for any position group. I think maybe if Bowers falls then someone would trade up but thats kinda it. Deep at OL. Deep and talented at WR. QBs might go 1, 2, 3. Not really any top shelf CBs but probably enough to go around. I think teams would give a fairly competitive price to trade down so if someone actually wanted to come up for a QB it might not cost them much.

Conversely, I could see tons of trading around rd3 when the WRs start to dry up and the RBs come off the board.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with how deep everything is, I don't really see anyone trading up that much in rd1. Like for any position group. I think maybe if Bowers falls then someone would trade up but thats kinda it. Deep at OL. Deep and talented at WR. QBs might go 1, 2, 3. Not really any top shelf CBs but probably enough to go around. I think teams would give a fairly competitive price to trade down so if someone actually wanted to come up for a QB it might not cost them much.

Conversely, I could see tons of trading around rd3 when the WRs start to dry up and the RBs come off the board.

There is a perceived gap between the top 3 and the next tier, maybe that prompts a trade up (but not a big move IMO).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Polk is a guy most are sleeping on. I think he is projected somewhere between late 2nd and somewhere in 3rd. I see some rankings don't have him in the top 15 WR's. Almost identical to Rashee Rice, not exactly skillset but height, weight 40 time. I think he is extremely underrated

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Polk is a guy most are sleeping on. I think he is projected somewhere between late 2nd and somewhere in 3rd. I see some rankings don't have him in the top 15 WR's. Almost identical to Rashee Rice, not exactly skillset but height, weight 40 time. I think he is extremely underrated
I don't think he is as good of an athlete as Rice but Polk might be a better overall WR. The sneaky thing about Rice is his 10 yd split is just a little bit better than a lot of receivers (equal to Worthy)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll throw in my rankings just based on my own biases:

1. Harrison Jr.
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
4. AD Mitchell
(Brock Bowers)
5. Ladd McConkey
6. Xavier Worthy
7. Xavier Legette
8. Brian Thomas Jr
9. Keon Coleman

Nabers is close to the same level as J'marr Chase coming out. Not as good at technique off the line but maybe faster on the field. Odunze checks all of the boxes. Mitchell is a really smooth route runner and a great athletic profile. From there I think I like McConkey's versatility. Worthy has elite speed but the concerns would be durability and contested catches. Thomas runs vertical routes. A lot. More of a project than some of the other receivers but you give him a good QB and that might be enough. Coleman I think is probably best used like Rashee Rice but has better size and hands but less long speed. As such, probably not a fit on the Chiefs but maybe somewhere else.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Harrison Jr.
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
4. AD Mitchell
(Brock Bowers)
5. Ladd McConkey
6. Xavier Worthy
7. Xavier Legette
8. Brian Thomas Jr
9. Keon Coleman

Nabers is close to the same level as J'marr Chase coming out. Not as good at technique off the line but maybe faster on the field. Odunze checks all of the boxes. Mitchell is a really smooth route runner and a great athletic profile. From there I think I like McConkey's versatility. Worthy has elite speed but the concerns would be durability and contested catches. Thomas runs vertical routes. A lot. More of a project than some of the other receivers but you give him a good QB and that might be enough. Coleman I think is probably best used like Rashee Rice but has better size and hands but less long speed. As such, probably not a fit on the Chiefs but maybe somewhere else.

Surprised you have BTJ that low?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I have him as the 4th best WR in this draft, altho if push came to shove, I could see maybe ranking 5th.

I probably have him elevated because he fits the need for the Bills to be fair. If Ladd was a bit bigger, I might have him at #4. Adonai had a great combine, but he hasn't been a consistent effort guy. I think the Xaviers might be a bit inflated in value in most rankings.

I have no idea what to do with Keon. This recent overvaluing of his MPH on the gauntlet drill is odd, as is the 40 comparison to Kupp. Keon's lack of route-running has as much to do with his lack of separation as his 40 time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably have him elevated because he fits the need for the Bills to be fair. If Ladd was a bit bigger, I might have him at #4. Adonai had a great combine, but he hasn't been a consistent effort guy. I think the Xaviers might be a bit inflated in value in most rankings.

I have no idea what to do with Keon. This recent overvaluing of his MPH on the gauntlet drill is odd, as is the 40 comparison to Kupp. Keon's lack of route-running has as much to do with his lack of separation as his 40 time.
Yeah, that's a bad combo. In hindsight I probably should have dropped Coleman lower in my personal rankings. There is so much friggin talent in this WR class, it would take all of a half second to replace him with another talented receiver.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a bad combo. In hindsight I probably should have dropped Coleman lower in my personal rankings. There is so much friggin talent in this WR class, it would take all of a half second to replace him with another talented receiver.

He has plenty of talent, but just seems almost disinterested in improving (at least in college). Maybe that changes now, or he finds the right fit to spur him on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Harrison Jr.
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
4. AD Mitchell
(Brock Bowers)
5. Ladd McConkey
6. Xavier Worthy
7. Xavier Legette
8. Brian Thomas Jr
9. Keon Coleman

I think Brian Thomas is underrated if anything. He didn't get as much credit bc he had a freak on the other side, Nabers. I think we could see a Chase-JJ thing going on again. Nabers the better talent and still great production-everyone talks about but then Thomas shining and just as much production if not more. Would not suprise me.

I would have BTJ anywhere from 3-5 on my list.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Coleman is concerned, the route-running is a big deal. Thats why Drake London is a threat. If you have to scheme Coleman up, you're probably getting a first down. If you scheme Legette up, he might take it to the house. Coleman's 2nd biggest game last year was against LSU and their defense was garbage. Ask any LSU fan. Coleman's last 3 games against power 5 teams he didnt have a single good game. (cause FSU got hosed but that makes the sample size small) Its tough because I could see him being a solid volume catcher but this WR class is so good and deep that Id want more out of a player in rd1. I realize the Chiefs are at 32 so they're pretty much picking a 2nd round talent there likely and maybe they'd make Coleman work as a big slot receiver to catch things when Mahomes scrambles around. I just think Coleman could fall in the draft.

Brian Thomas Jr, best I can tell, is DK Metcalf but 19 lbs skinnier, 2" smaller arms, 1.5 10 yd split instead of 1.45, 38.5 vert instead of 40.5 vert, 10'6" broad instead of 11'2" broad. In college, Brian Thomas Jr was just running away from college CBs. In the NFL, I think if Brian Thomas Jr is the #2 on a teams offense then I think he can still eat. I do think #1 CBs will be able to match up with him and if thats the case Im not sure how much he brings to the table right away. The thing about Thomas Jr, though, is that he is young. Put him on the Bills and let Diggs get some attention while Thomas is out there and you have a big arm QB and the sky is the limit. If he ends up on the Colts or Jags...I could see that going either way. For me, the Brian Thomas conversation is a bit like the Drake Maye conversation. You draft him for the upside. I look at the Chiefs and they need 2 receivers for week 1. They'd also likely need to trade up for him, anyways, so its kinda moot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at these WR’s. Insane class from an athleticism standpoint

PFF announces new PFF Game Athleticism Rating (PFF GAR) | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

2024 NFL DRAFT WR SPOTLIGHT

Our 2024 draft spotlight focuses on wide receivers and their max percentile in PFF GARover their careers. We've seen that earning a high PFF GAR in any season is the most useful for predicting NFL players, so we've called out the highest ranking in their NCAA career.