• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Wide Receiver Class

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Pearsall could be that gem in the mid to late rounds that is the sleeper like Kupp or Nacua. Dude is very polished and extremely athletic. He had an amazing combine and did very well in the drills

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Pearsall could be that gem in the mid to late rounds that is the sleeper like Kupp or Nacua. Dude is very polished and extremely athletic. He had an amazing combine and did very well in the drills
I mentioned on the Broncos board that I think he is a mid-late 2nd rounder. I think he probably goes off the board somewhere after Legette. 9.78 RAS is elite. Older prospect. Fantastic hands. Generates his speed later in the routes. One reason you see some effective reverses on his tape at Florida. Maybe a bit linear.

Just looking at a couple of games he reminds me of Justin Watson with better hands. Not a glowing endorsement but being good at catching the football is a really important trait. /Madden

I will say that 7 WRs probably should go rd1 but there are so many rd2 and rd3 WRs that it wouldn't stun me if only 5 or 6 WRs go rd1 just because of the depth of the class.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned on the Broncos board that I think he is a mid-late 2nd rounder. I think he probably goes off the board somewhere after Legette. 9.78 RAS is elite. Older prospect. Fantastic hands. Generates his speed later in the routes. One reason you see some effective reverses on his tape at Florida. Maybe a bit linear.

Just looking at a couple of games he reminds me of Justin Watson with better hands. Not a glowing endorsement but being good at catching the football is a really important trait. /Madden

I will say that 7 WRs probably should go rd1 but there are so many rd2 and rd3 WRs that it wouldn't stun me if only 5 or 6 WRs go rd1 just because of the depth of the class.
Yep we will likely see some future stars in the 2nd or 3rd when we look back at this class. Absolutely stacked. No reason to force a WR pick in the 1st

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we will likely see some future stars in the 2nd or 3rd when we look back at this class. Absolutely stacked. No reason to force a WR pick in the 1st
I think the 'sleeper' in this class is Polk. He checks every box but he doesn't stand out. If you can get him in rd2 then I think teams might prioritize other positions in rd1.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 WR, 5+ QB's, 7-8+ O-Line. At least the one TE. Not leaving many spots for defenders.
That's been my take as well. It would hardly shock me if the G, S, LB, & RB positions were all shut out of the 1st round.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 WR, 5+ QB's, 7-8+ O-Line. At least the one TE. Not leaving many spots for defenders.
Also not a bad corner class. I can see about 4-5 going in the first

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Texas Longhorn WR Xavier Worthy ran an official 4.21 40-yard dash at the 2024 NFL Combine.
The 4.21 official 40-yard dash time set a combine record, edging out John Ross’ time of 4.22. Worthy’s combine testing almost assuredly boosted his draft stock into the first round, with the biggest hurdle being the multitude of first-round grades at the wide receiver position this year. The former Texas wide receiver was clocked at a blistering 22.7 mph with the ball in his hands in 2022.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well 7 is the record

The 2004 saw seven wide receivers go in the first round amid its labyrinth of trades. Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, Lee Evans, Michael Clayton, Michael Jenkins, and Rashaun Woods were all off the board after Pick 32. It's an ignominious class to be a part of.

and look how that worked out :suds:

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Mock Draft Database

From the Wide Receiver class, Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Thomas are locked into the first round. Unless there is some bombshell against them, there's no way they are leaving the 1st round without a team.

After those four, then we get into a conversation about Keon Coleman, Troy Franklin, Adonai Mitchell, and the Xavier boys going into the first round.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's been my take as well. It would hardly shock me if the G, S, LB, & RB positions were all shut out of the 1st round.

Also not a bad corner class. I can see about 4-5 going in the first

I believe that trend may continue as RB continues to be devalued, along with safeties and off ball linebackers. Guys with great athleticism are going to gravitate to the positions that pay, and bigger guys will continue to play the big man roles, with the more athletic big men playing OLB/Edge and massive dudes on the lines. Linemen will still get paid as long as they're in the upper class of their positions. The OT positions will still need good athletes or big men with good feet and those guys will get paid very well, better than DL...just the way it is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he's making it very deep. Possible day 2 pick IMO.

Now, Flournoy is an interesting deep pick, along with Coker and Cephus.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Mock Draft Database

From the Wide Receiver class, Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Thomas are locked into the first round. Unless there is some bombshell against them, there's no way they are leaving the 1st round without a team.

After those four, then we get into a conversation about Keon Coleman, Troy Franklin, Adonai Mitchell, and the Xavier boys going into the first round.

...and Ladd

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Ladd
I wouldn't totally rule out Roman Wilson and Xavier Legette. I think in different drafts they'd be seen as 1st round contenders. If you look at Legette's athletic profile, its notably better than Treylon Burks with 40 time, Vert, and Broad. I remember really liking Burks' film and then really pumped the breaks once the combine came around. Legette also has a lot more film in conventional WR routes.

Michigan has 2 receivers getting love along with their QB even though they ran all of the time. Should be really curious to see how teams evaluate the Michigan passing game

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't totally rule out Roman Wilson and Xavier Legette. I think in different drafts they'd be seen as 1st round contenders. If you look at Legette's athletic profile, its notably better than Treylon Burks with 40 time, Vert, and Broad. I remember really liking Burks' film and then really pumped the breaks once the combine came around. Legette also has a lot more film in conventional WR routes.

Michigan has 2 receivers getting love along with their QB even though they ran all of the time. Should be really curious to see how teams evaluate the Michigan passing game

Roman at least stood out at the Senior bowl. I still haven't seen that much out of JJ or Johnson to support that interest. JJ had a meh combine IMO and I hardly noticed Johnson. Weird that a 4.44 goes unnoticed, but there were so many faster than him that he got lost in the mix.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman at least stood out at the Senior bowl. I still haven't seen that much out of JJ or Johnson to support that interest. JJ had a meh combine IMO and I hardly noticed Johnson. Weird that a 4.44 goes unnoticed, but there were so many faster than him that he got lost in the mix.
Cornelius Johnson had a near perfect RAS. I think it might be a situation where if JJ was a year older we might be looking at these WRs differently. Johnson probably could go in the same tier as Pearsall.

I have no idea where to put JJ in a mock draft, though. If next year's draft class wasnt seen as weak then Id be thinking rd2.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be a complete pass on Odunze. He is great at high pointing catches, and his 40 time is great, but his film shows that he fails to get separation.

Harrison, Nabers, and Thomas are all deserving of 1st round drafting.

Give me the dude from South Carolina in Xavier Legette that I can steal in like round 3 or 4.

Tryrone Tracy out of Purdue is another guy I'd draft. He is a slot WR that can flourish in the NFL.