• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Quarterback Class

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see. I think Williams is the guy.

Jayden Daniels seems fragile.
A taller Murray at best.

I think Daniels is a stronger running threat than Murray, closer to Lamar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does anyone think of the deeper prospects? Rattler? Milton?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4 QB's in the 1st is a lock. I think 5 is very possible and 1 early-mid 2nd. Shit, we could see all 6 in the 1st. Not likely.

Teams that DEFINITELY need a QB:
Patriots
Bears
Falcons

Teams that might need a QB depending on what they do with their current situation:
Commanders
Raiders
Broncos
Cardinals
Steelers
Titans
Vikings

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ McCarthy going in the first round would be laughable. He’s not very impressive, his numbers weren’t that great and he wasn’t the key to Michigan winning games, he was just a system QB.
I think Penix is better than Nix.
I am certain the top 3 picks will be Williams, Maye and Daniels in that order.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ McCarthy going in the first round would be laughable. He’s not very impressive, his numbers weren’t that great and he wasn’t the key to Michigan winning games, he was just a system QB.
You think the Commanders take Maye even though they have the 5th rounder Howell. I mean he was a 5th rounder, they didn't invest highly in the kid. Would be kinda crazy, both UNC QB's.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Commanders take Maye even though they have the 5th rounder Howell. I mean he was a 5th rounder, they didn't invest highly in the kid. Would be kinda crazy, both UNC QB's.
Yeah I think the new Commanders coach will want a new QB, so I think they’ll take Maye.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the new Commanders coach will want a new QB, so I think they’ll take Maye.
We might see Maye go before Williams. Between now and the draft, we have Senior Bowl, combine, pro days, interviews, etc. Caleb is definitely number one today but that could change.

Either way, I agree with you that Washington will take a QB.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy wouldn't have come out if that was his projection. Both could be 2nd round, but I think Nix could go earlier. A lot depends on what happens with Fields and Cousins.

Go ask Matt Corral and Sam Howell how accurate those draft projections are.

Nix --- You think the NFL is going to jump on a QB early who couldn't make it in the SEC?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattler got 'Dak'd' in college. By that I mean he played in the SEC with a dumpster fire of an oline. But he also processes the game like Rosen or Fields so...eh...

Maye could go #1 if something weird happens but the draft does start at 5 with the Chargers. The top of this draft should end up being fairly chalk but 5-20 should be nuts.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4 QB's in the 1st is a lock. I think 5 is very possible and 1 early-mid 2nd. Shit, we could see all 6 in the 1st. Not likely.

Teams that DEFINITELY need a QB:
Patriots
Bears
Falcons

Teams that might need a QB depending on what they do with their current situation:
Commanders
Raiders
Broncos
Cardinals
Steelers
Titans
Vikings
You forgot the Seahawks. They have to be looking to finding a franchise QB. Geno is just an average to slightly above average guy that's holding a place. No way is he the long term answer. Also, the Cardinals aren't moving off Kyler, imo. They will build around him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattler got 'Dak'd' in college. By that I mean he played in the SEC with a dumpster fire of an oline. But he also processes the game like Rosen or Fields so...eh...

Maye could go #1 if something weird happens but the draft does start at 5 with the Chargers. The top of this draft should end up being fairly chalk but 5-20 should be nuts.
Yeah especially if Harbaugh is in LA.

I think they could go a number of different directions and that will depend on Allen and Williams. I would think Mike Williams is definitely gone. They probably keep Allen. They save over $60M or so if Allen, Williams and Mack aren't on the team next season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the Seahawks. They have to be looking to finding a franchise QB. Geno is just an average to slightly above average guy that's holding a place. No way is he the long term answer. Also, the Cardinals aren't moving off Kyler, imo. They will build around him.
True they only have $17M in dead cap for the remaining two years. Possible for sure.
I don't expect the Cards to move off him either unless they find a trade partner that is willing to take that contract even if Zona is willing to pay some of it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talk about Maye going #1 overall is just a bunch of people playing devil's advocate and nothing more IMO.

Caleb last year was a little disappointing considering how amazing he was the year before. But the same is absolutely true of Maye. His stats dipped more than Williams' did.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets start the ball rolling with Bo Nix.

Basic information
- 6'2, 217 pounds
- 23 years old. Will be 24 on February 25th.
- Went to Auburn for three years, and then Oregon for two years.
- Won the William V. Campbell, Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, and First-Team All Pac-12 in 2023
- In 2019, he was named SEC Freshman of the Year
- Started 61 games in college .
- In his last 27 starts, he scored 94 touchdowns, threw 10 interceptions, averaged 300 passing yards per game, and averaged 9.2 yards per attempt.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The now the moment, you all have been waiting for. Lets talk about the NFL Draft. I am going to start our journey by talking about the quarterbacks, arguably the most important position on the field.

FIRST ROUND
1. Caleb Williams, Southern California
2. Drake Maye, North Carolina
3. Jayden Daniels, Louisiana State
4. J.J McCarthy, Michigan
5. Michael Penix Jr, Washington

SECOND ROUND
6. Bo Nix, Oregon

I averaged together the NFL Draft rankings from CBS Sports and ESPN together. We have already talked about Williams, Maye, and Daniels. What are your early impressions of these six guys?

1. Caleb Williams: Simply can't see the love for this guy #1. Has shown a lot of quit in a number of games. Matt Leinart was better.
2. Drake Maye: Isn't he simply Sam Howell or Mitch Trubisky?
3. Jayden Daniels: ONLY guy I'd invest a 1st round pick.
4. JJ McCarthy: Complete joke. Penix was expected to make NFL throws all night in the Natty game, this guy couldn't make ONE. Needs to change position to WR
5. Michael Penix: Accurate, but his low left throwing motion is a problem, and the guy is simply a statue in the pocket in the NFL. Completely undraftable to me.

6. Bo Nix: I could take a flyer in this guy in like round 5. At least he can throw a football forward, accurately, and can run and move the pocket.

Flyer guy: Phil Jurkovec

Shit class to me if you need a QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Daniels is a stronger running threat than Murray, closer to Lamar.
I would put him right there with Fields and Lamar. Gamebreaking speed and long strides. Actually surprised me. He could run 4.45-4.5. I think Fields ran a 4.45

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Milton is an interesting prospect simply due to his cannon.

Problem is, Hendon Hooker was the man the year before, and he was an absolute failure the year after.

Rattler? I think he has some talent. Wouldn't waste a pick on him though.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.J McCarthy
- 6'3, 202 pounds
- Just turned 21 years old on January 20th.
- Played for the Michigan Wolverines between 2021 and 2023
- Won the Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year award and made First-Team All-Big Ten in 2023.
- 27-1 as a starter
- In his 28 starts, he's scored 52 touchdowns to 9 interceptions, averages 204 passing yards per game, and 8.7 yards per attempt.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that same story with another Michigan Quarterback who beat Alabama.

I do agree that there will be varying opinions on him and might be a second rounder. The big issue for him is that Michigan's offense was run heavy. But I do think his skill set is pretty great - the ability to make off balance throws, the running abilities, and make those tight window passes.