• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the good news:
Jerry owns the worst pro team in the metroplex.
I saw Jerry vowed to double the NIL money for ant Kentucky recruit if they followed John Calapari to Arkansas. He is going to spend more this spring on Arkansas Basketball than his own damn football team

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Jerry vowed to double the NIL money for ant Kentucky recruit if they followed John Calapari to Arkansas. He is going to spend more this spring on Arkansas Basketball than his own damn football team
talent matters.
So does team culture.

the cowboy culture over most of the 28 years was and is the problem much more than lack of talent.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talent matters.
So does team culture.

the cowboy culture over most of the 28 years was and is the problem much more than lack of talent.
You would think something would have changed by now. Jerry is a failed GM, but still does not see it. LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to think the Cowboys draft a QB and possibly in the first couple of days and I would not only be OK with it, but I think it needs to be done if there is a guy there that they like enough to take at that point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of settling on Graham Barton as the guy I'd like. I don't think this team knows exactly what they want to do with Tyler and the position flex Barton gives should help. I think his best positions are OG or C (played some center his first year) in the NFL and he started at LT the last 3 years. If we drafted Barton I'd like to see: Tyler, Bass, Barton, Martin, Steele. Bass showed some potential to be able to start, but that spot would likely be the one most up for grabs and the one we need to bring in competition for. So I'd still bring in an additional OL via draft or FA to fight for a spot knowing both Tyler and Barton could move around which would free up any of LT, LG and C for whomever we can find.

Fact is we have so many areas at which a rookie can help that we are set up pretty well to just take the highest rated guy on our board so I hope we do that and don't try to force a perceived need. We had our chance to do that in free agency and already shit the bed there. Now let's try to find a star at whichever position he may fill.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to think the Cowboys draft a QB and possibly in the first couple of days and I would not only be OK with it, but I think it needs to be done if there is a guy there that they like enough to take at that point
so...no later than 3rd round?

God...please no

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of settling on Graham Barton as the guy I'd like. I don't think this team knows exactly what they want to do with Tyler and the position flex Barton gives should help. I think his best positions are OG or C (played some center his first year) in the NFL and he started at LT the last 3 years. If we drafted Barton I'd like to see: Tyler, Bass, Barton, Martin, Steele. Bass showed some potential to be able to start, but that spot would likely be the one most up for grabs and the one we need to bring in competition for. So I'd still bring in an additional OL via draft or FA to fight for a spot knowing both Tyler and Barton could move around which would free up any of LT, LG and C for whomever we can find.

Fact is we have so many areas at which a rookie can help that we are set up pretty well to just take the highest rated guy on our board so I hope we do that and don't try to force a perceived need. We had our chance to do that in free agency and already shit the bed there. Now let's try to find a star at whichever position he may fill.
Whoever we draft for Center (if we do) needs to be the center. I dont need that guy to be capable versatility on the line.
If you are looking for a back up center with Versatility, so be it. Dont think we need to use a 1st rd on the idea of a back up center. So for me if we go Center. Whoever we think is the best for that "one" position.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Been saying for a while, if Bo Nix or Michael Penix are there when they go on the clock in round 1, they should take a hard look at it. If they go 3rd or 4th round, Jordan Travis or Spencer Rattled. It all comes down to what goes on in Jerry's brain. If they planned on moving forward with Dak, they should have already extended him, cleared some space, and put more pieces around him. Waiting makes zero sense because the price just keeps going up and you're basically wasting a year of his prime. So if they are moving on, yeah, it needs to happen

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever we draft for Center (if we do) needs to be the center. I dont need that guy to be capable versatility on the line.
If you are looking for a back up center with Versatility, so be it. Dont think we need to use a 1st rd on the idea of a back up center. So for me if we go Center. Whoever we think is the best for that "one" position.
Backup? Where do you get that from?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that first rounder is a starting caliber lineman. Offensive or Defensive lineman. Byron Murphy and J. Newton are the two defensive lineman that I would consider highly.. we just got nothing at DT in 2025.

Lot of holes on the DL.

JPJ,Frazier and Barton look like instant starters at center. One of these three please if Newton and Murphy are gone

Please no damn projects. We need plug and play.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Been saying for a while, if Bo Nix or Michael Penix are there when they go on the clock in round 1, they should take a hard look at it. If they go 3rd or 4th round, Jordan Travis or Spencer Rattled. It all comes down to what goes on in Jerry's brain. If they planned on moving forward with Dak, they should have already extended him, cleared some space, and put more pieces around him. Waiting makes zero sense because the price just keeps going up and you're basically wasting a year of his prime. So if they are moving on, yeah, it needs to happen
They may like Lance. Been hearing rumors they like Lance. This FO is like a captain less ship drifting at sea. Everybody else making moves.

I think you got good points. I don't think the FO intends on extending Dak. So drafting a QB is very possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may like Lance. Been hearing rumors they like Lance. This FO is like a captain less ship drifting at sea. Everybody else making moves.

I think you got good points. I don't think the FO intends on extending Dak. So drafting a QB is very possible.
You would think if they really liked Lance that he would have risen to the #2 QB by the end of the year. I don't think either Lance or Rush will be on this team in 2025. Will Dak be? I'm just not sure.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like your potential starting five. Barton going to be a good player for a long time. Barton would be a major upgrade at center

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup? Where do you get that from?
I am not saying that.
I am saying giving a shit of the versatility should only matter for a back up. Since we are looking for our starter at Center. We should give no shits on a player able to play other spots on the line. Take whoever is the best at playing Center.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying that.
I am saying giving a shit of the versatility should only matter for a back up. Since we are looking for our starter at Center. We should give no shits on a player able to play other spots on the line. Take whoever is the best at playing Center.
That's completely untrue about versatility only mattering for a backup. Regardless, we don't need one starter, we need two starters because as we sit here today we also need a starter at either LG or LT. Maybe Hoffman impresses more than Bass or maybe they both prove to not be starting caliber. Who knows where the weakest spot will be and the ability to shuffle Tyler and a guy like Barton makes it easier to fill out a better starting 5 as you only need an OL capable of playing and it doesn't even matter which position. That's much easier to find.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying that.
Have to disagree. Versatility never hurts in sports. It does not only matter for back ups.i have no problem with a guy who is good at multiple positions. That helps any team out.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying that.
I agree with you. I think both kids are going to be really good but when you are taking about a 1st round pick, especially when drafting for need, I think you should always go with whoever you see as the stronger player at the position

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like OL round 1

Reported 30 visits for the Dallas Cowboys (Ranking per Consensus Big Board)​

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree. Versatility never hurts in sports. It does not only matter for back ups.i have no problem with a guy who is good at multiple positions. That helps any team out.
well when it comes to our starting center. I guess we will have to just disagree.
the other 4 spots. sure we get an injury & have to move a starter around. I can understand that to a point.
There is no injury where I am moving my starting Center to say guard due to injury. He would maintain my starting center.
Now a backup center that plays guard. Sure. But the only way my Starting Center isnt starting at Center. Is because he was the one that got injured.