• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024- DCFFL Mock Discussion Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@omareasy34 is puking. He is so nervous.

Vomit Throwing Up GIF

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Bengals drafted a punter last year but they were also #32 in P last year. Not a great stat for a team in Super Bowl contention. Taylor can shore up their punting for the rest of Burrow's career.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Bengals drafted a punter last year but they were also #32 in P last year. Not a great stat for a team in Super Bowl contention. Taylor can sure up their punting for the rest of Burrow's career.

But can he shore it up? I'm sure he can. (Actually, I'm not. He's a punter. Meh.)

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a wrap for Pittsburgh. Thanks for running this again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to draft Taylor last year. DC wouldn't let me. Now he hogs him for himself.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda freakin' murdered this thing this year.

Top 3 team issues as of this date are lackluster OL play (especially at C), lack of quality depth at WR, and a fairly decent need for someone to play slot CB. Managed to nail all of those items with legit prospects, and not just "bodies at Position X."

Drop in a crazy athlete nearly custom built to play at 5-tech in the Steelers D and a couple of guys in the 6th who should contribute as sub-package players fairly quickly or, at worst, look like locks to be core special teamers? <back pat>

Not "perfect", but after those first two picks I could have almost went with reserve windy placekick holders the rest of the way. :D With how the board fell I am pretty happy to walk away with this group.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda freakin' murdered this thing this year.

Top 3 team issues as of this date are lackluster OL play (especially at C), lack of quality depth at WR, and a fairly decent need for someone to play slot CB. Managed to nail all of those items with legit prospects, and not just "bodies at Position X."

Drop in a crazy athlete nearly custom built to play at 5-tech in the Steelers D and a couple of guys in the 6th who should contribute as sub-package players fairly quickly or, at worst, look like locks to be core special teamers? <back pat>

Not "perfect", but after those first two picks I could have almost went with reserve windy placekick holders the rest of the way. :D With how the board fell I am pretty happy to walk away with this group.

If anything Ulo will help you on special teams too. Think it is always important to look at who has upside and at worst be a special teams contributor for you late in the draft. Ulo fills both of those. A round 6 pick with upside and should be able to make an impact on special teams right away. Thus, he has a role as you try to develop him as a pass rusher.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a bit hard helping Miami with their OL needs with limited pickss/value.. I do think the two I have selected here can come in and help them right away. I know they signed a lot of stop gap OL in FA so hopefully the can hold up for these two to come in and take over longer term.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a bit hard helping Miami with their OL needs with limited pickss/value.. I do think the two I have selected here can come in and help them right away. I know they signed a lot of stop gap OL in FA so hopefully the can hold up for these two to come in and take over longer term.

I like the value on McMahon there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornelius Johnson seems like a good value at this point. Really good athletic profile. Underutilized coming out of Michigan. Tiny Hands and a bit stiff but I figure some team will roll the dice on him around rd5.