• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024- DCFFL Mock Discussion Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Steelers land a RT and C in the first two rounds, and still land a top 50-60 prospect at wideout in round three, and AND stick it to Cleveland in the process?

Crushing this thing.
I traded out before you could stick it to me.

Walter White Win GIF by Breaking Bad

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polk was my emergency 'Rashee Rice is going to jail' pick but I decided against it. I suspect he is going rd2 IRL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polk was my emergency 'Rashee Rice is going to jail' pick but I decided against it. I suspect he is going rd2 IRL
Yeah I would be shocked if he wasn't picked by late Rd 2. I think he is a sleeper, well sleeper in a sense he could be the 15th WR off the board.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Polk better in Round 3... WR class being so deep hurts him a bit... His hands aren't the most reliable. I think he is sort of a dime a dozen WR at the NFL level. Doesn't have a great burst. He made big plays in college but I don't know that he can get the separation in the NFL to be worthy of a pick before Round 3 as he has a ways to go with route running on top of the lack of speed. I do like how he can make tough catches in traffic and he is physical. Can probably play on the inside our outside in the NFL and he was solid in college after the catch but I just don't know that I am a believer he will get the separation in the NFL.

I think his hands aren't as good as some may think. I watched a lot of Washington games this year and he dropped a lot more easy passes then most people realize. He benefitted from Jalen McMillian missing most of this year and while I do like Polk.. I don't love him. I like where he went here. I debated him for the Bengals but took their biggest draft need instead as I am not fully as excited about Polk as some.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Polk better in Round 3... WR class being so deep hurts him a bit... His hands aren't the most reliable. I think he is sort of a dime a dozen WR at the NFL level. Doesn't have a great burst. He made big plays in college but I don't know that he can get the separation in the NFL to be worthy of a pick before Round 3 as he has a ways to go with route running on top of the lack of speed. I do like how he can make tough catches in traffic and he is physical. Can probably play on the inside our outside in the NFL and he was solid in college after the catch but I just don't know that I am a believer he will get the separation in the NFL.

I think his hands aren't as good as some may think. I watched a lot of Washington games this year and he dropped a lot more easy passes then most people realize. He benefitted from Jalen McMillian missing most of this year and while I do like Polk.. I don't love him. I like where he went here. I debated him for the Bengals but took their biggest draft need instead as I am not fully as excited about Polk as some.
Yeah, I think he had one of the worst 2 game stretches of any major prospect and I'm not fully sure what to make of that. Had a game against Oregon St in the rain and I think he had at least 3 bad drops. Followed it up with a game against Wash State where he had 1 bad drop and a DB just take the ball away from him for an int on a 50/50 ball. You don't really expect an NFL player to just vanish for two games down the stretch in college.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your description kinda resembles what I think of Coleman to an extent but I think Coleman is obviously more talented

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he had one of the worst 2 game stretches of any major prospect and I'm not fully sure what to make of that. Had a game against Oregon St in the rain and I think he had at least 3 bad drops. Followed it up with a game against Wash State where he had 1 bad drop and a DB just take the ball away from him for an int on a 50/50 ball. You don't really expect an NFL player to just vanish for two games down the stretch in college.

Yeah. Those games are really concerning to me.. There is a lot to like about Polk but there are things about him that really make me cringe.

This is way back in the day but he sorta reminds me of Auburn WR Karsten Bailey who was drafted by Seattle and ended up busting.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separation seems to be the biggest flag on Polk from everything I've seen most talk about during this year's scouting/draft process. Hands are almost always given as a strength though. <shrug> He can't be worse than Dionte Johnson in that regard.

I like him fine for what the Steelers need, and won't be shocked if he's a late second rounder at all. In this exercise, he's going to an offense where he'll probably be asked to block more than try to beat guys deep though, soooo....yeah.

Felt like too much talent to skip on him with a pick in the 80s. Don't need him to be an alpha WR1, would be just fine if he winds up the reliable chain mover who can play inside or out that can't be totally ignored or he will make defenses pay. Sorta like a Mohammed Sanu-type, if you will.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separation seems to be the biggest flag on Polk from everything I've seen most talk about during this year's scouting/draft process. Hands are almost always given as a strength though. <shrug> He can't be worse than Dionte Johnson in that regard.

I like him fine for what the Steelers need, and won't be shocked if he's a late second rounder at all. In this exercise, he's going to an offense where he'll probably be asked to block more than try to beat guys deep though, soooo....yeah.

Felt like too much talent to skip on him with a pick in the 80s. Don't need him to be an alpha WR1, would be just fine if he winds up the reliable chain mover who can play inside or out that can't be totally ignored or he will make defenses pay. Sorta like a Mohammed Sanu-type, if you will.

Yep. I think where you got him is beyond fine. Like I said. I like him, don't love him and at pick 80 that isn't a bad thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman's athletic ability is WILD to me. He needs to pick up some consistency but at times he looks VERY special.
One of the twitchiest slow players I've ever seen.

Coleman and Corley are the two receivers I want the Chiefs to stay away from. I'd rather see the Chiefs just keep passing to TEs than a big receiver like Coleman.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman's athletic ability is WILD to me. He needs to pick up some consistency but at times he looks VERY special.
Seems better in game. Running a 4.61 was shocking to me. Separation is an issue. He has great hands.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the twitchiest slow players I've ever seen.

Coleman and Corley are the two receivers I want the Chiefs to stay away from. I'd rather see the Chiefs just keep passing to TEs than a big receiver like Coleman.

Yep, if Coleman had the speed he would be a lot more appealing. I thought he would run a better 40 then he does. He is sort of a weird athlete to me because he has raw athletic ability but doesn't really have the speed to back it up. I like Coleman. I don't think he is a KC fit but I like him.

I'm not high on Corley either.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about waiting to take a RB, but love the value Allen brings as an inside bruiser to team up with Josh Jacobs. Think he’s a good fit for what the Packers like to do - especially in December - in Wisconsin.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. As I said in my previous post I was expecting a much better 40. That one got me a bit.

I'm not buying the GPS readings from his gauntlet. His 40 time is equivalent to what, almost 19 mph? So looking side to side and catching balls he's supposedly faster than focused sprinting? Why don't they give GPS during the 40 to show peak MPH?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird that I have no issue drafting Georgia and Tennessee players but the Big 8 rivalries are still real to me?

I think that stuff gets put into your blood when you're in college. Hard to form new rivalries when you get older

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird that I have no issue drafting Georgia and Tennessee players but the Big 8 rivalries are still real to me?

I think that stuff gets put into your blood when you're in college. Hard to form new rivalries when you get older

Not an issue when you go to a division 3 school lol.