• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2024 Bengals draft

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris
Leeeeeeroooooooy
Jenkins

DT

I guess we needed that.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Jermain Burton

yes, we are moving on from tee and tyler, in case anyone asked.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT McKinley Jackson

if Hendrickson does decide to sit out the season, Jenkins will end up playing de I think. and we will need depth at DT. Which is a mess, but ideally Jackson just adds depth at DT

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT McKinley Jackson

if Hendrickson does decide to sit out the season, Jenkins will end up playing de I think. and we will need depth at DT. Which is a mess, but ideally Jackson just adds depth at DT
He's a run-stopping DT. More of a rotational guy that can help against the run. I know people will say we reached for him, but I like the way he pairs with Kris Jenkins. Hill, Rankins, Carter, Jenkins and Jackson..... Definitely some concern against the run, but also some good potential if things go well.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, most importantly, our receivers can now be 5-1-3 this season..... For one season anyway.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton will get number 3? I'm buying the hype, I might get one. Ain't no receiver with his weight that doesn't raise an eyebrow now and then.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burton is a classic Lewis era boom or bust prospect from what I heard on PFFs podcast last month. Borderline 1st rd talent who was off some teams boards altogether for unspecified off field issues. I love the gamble if that's true

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton is a classic Lewis era boom or bust prospect from what I heard on PFFs podcast last month. Borderline 1st rd talent who was off some teams boards altogether for unspecified off field issues. I love the gamble if that's true
I like it as well. It's a rare opportunity to have a receiver with his kind of talent functioning as your third receiver. His speed and ability to get down field can really open things up in ways that they haven't been able to do with the types of guys they've paired with Chase.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our fans on Twitter are so fucking annoying. And I think NFL draft simulators have ruined ths sport about as much as anything since fantasy football found the mainstream on the internet 25ish years ago.

Nothing but complaints about this guy was a reach or this other guy is a better prospect.... blah, blah, blah...... I don't really give a fuck where you had a guy ranked - You are not a scout. You did not watch the same film. You did not meet with the prospect or other talent evaluators. Shut the fuck up.

I'm glad our fans hate our draft - The drafts that they liked have mostly ended up sucking.

I'm old. Get off my porch!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, IMO, the Bengals are having a great draft.

Love Mims and Jenkins...both are guys who are going to be long-time starters, IMO.

Burton in the 3rd is a great HR swing...he has clear 1st round talent, but has 6th round issues. He can come into a room with clear leadership in Burrow, Chase, and others - and learn from Housmanzadah, who has been training him, on how to start handling himself, the Bengals may just get one of the steals of the draft.

McKinley is a nice addition to a room that needs depth and run stopping help - he's more of a backup Goal-line/run situation type guy, but in the AFCN - you always need a decent big body guy. It's clear with Jenkins the defense is moving in a different direction with the starting DT's, but they'll be glad they have that NT option as depth.

Eric All - another solid pick. Had him in several of my mock PFF's. Great all-around TE and seems to finally be 100% healthy.

And in round 5 add CB depth - don't know much about Newton - but you can never have enough CB depth in this league.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, IMO, the Bengals are having a great draft.

Love Mims and Jenkins...both are guys who are going to be long-time starters, IMO.

Burton in the 3rd is a great HR swing...he has clear 1st round talent, but has 6th round issues. He can come into a room with clear leadership in Burrow, Chase, and others - and learn from Housmanzadah, who has been training him, on how to start handling himself, the Bengals may just get one of the steals of the draft.

McKinley is a nice addition to a room that needs depth and run stopping help - he's more of a backup Goal-line/run situation type guy, but in the AFCN - you always need a decent big body guy. It's clear with Jenkins the defense is moving in a different direction with the starting DT's, but they'll be glad they have that NT option as depth.

Eric All - another solid pick. Had him in several of my mock PFF's. Great all-around TE and seems to finally be 100% healthy.

And in round 5 add CB depth - don't know much about Newton - but you can never have enough CB depth in this league.
I think McKinley is the replacement for Tupou. Good run-stuffer. Has a place on the roster for the scenarios you mention - Goal line, short yardage, good against running teams, etc.

I'm just coming up to speed on All, but I'm guessing if he played for Iowa, he learned a fair amount about expectations for blocking and he looks athletic on tape. It gives us a guy that will be in the building for 4 years, which is different than what we have had at the position. And he really doesn't need to play much this year if it takes him time to adjust to a real offense (not exactly sure what you call the offense that Iowa ran this year).

I'm good with the Newton pick. The guy has played a ton of football, provides depth right away and will probably be a good ST guy. Special teams are going to be really important given changes to kick-off.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I think Jenkins is the real deal. I watched a lot of Michigan games this season and he is a glue guy. Good bloodlines, awesome attitude..... He can probably still grow more. Our fans will hate him because he went to Michigan, but I'm excited to have him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erick hall…, he plays tight end. Joe can work with that. He’ll be worth millions when his contract is up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I think Jenkins is the real deal. I watched a lot of Michigan games this season and he is a glue guy. Good bloodlines, awesome attitude..... He can probably still grow more. Our fans will hate him because he went to Michigan, but I'm excited to have him.
He's a freak of an athlete - and is really strong against the run. Could still develop into an adequate pass rusher at the DT spot - but was curious if the Bengals really felt there was a fit there because of the lack of overall pass-rush. I really like him, though - and I agree.

I also like the swing on Burton. Clear 1st round talent. If the Bengals, Burrow, and that WR room can get his head on straight - they got a steal. The guy put up numbers and stats that are mid to upper 1st round talent.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we drafted another tight end...

now we are twice as likely to have a healthy tight end that isn't a perennial backup scrub.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our fans on Twitter are so fucking annoying. And I think NFL draft simulators have ruined ths sport about as much as anything since fantasy football found the mainstream on the internet 25ish years ago.

Nothing but complaints about this guy was a reach or this other guy is a better prospect.... blah, blah, blah...... I don't really give a fuck where you had a guy ranked - You are not a scout. You did not watch the same film. You did not meet with the prospect or other talent evaluators. Shut the fuck up.

I'm glad our fans hate our draft - The drafts that they liked have mostly ended up sucking.

I'm old. Get off my porch!
I stay off Twitter and Reddit during the draft these days. It’s mind mumbling annoying. Everybody is a “draft expert” cause they ran a PFF mock 57 times since January.

This fanbase has no clue what they want…

The same fanbase who for TWO YEARS bitched and complained about not drafting a TE…only to throw a tantrum after the Bengals draft 2 of them…but neither went to Ohio State. So let’s jump off a bridge.

The same fanbase who since 2021 has been begging for high upside athletes at OT…PROTECT JOE AT ALL COSTS….hates the Amarius Mims pick. The freakiest athlete at the position in the country. Who would’ve been a top 7 pick if he started the entire season. But draft twitter liked Troy Fantanu better! Who is undersized and has short arms. Projects better as a guard.

We just tried one of those…his name was Jonah Williams…

The sky it falling because we didn’t draft 5 offensive guards…didn’t pick a RB…picked the wrong slot CB in the 5th…it goes on an on.

I half wish the team would go 5-12 this year so half these nephews would jump on a different bandwagon.

I like this Bengals draft. They addressed needs. And took some risks for a change.

Mims will be the make or break in the 1st. Could be the best OL in the draft if he stays healthy. Enough of the stop gaps. It was time to find a fixture on the edge for 10 years. Worth the gamble IMO given that Murphy and Turner both went before the Bengals pick. I like it more knowing that the Steelers wanted him at 20.

Jenkins and Burton are potential studs, who are going to get a ton on playing time right away.

McKinley Jackson is built for the AFC North as a plug and play run defender.

I like the two TEs. All was a 2nd round talent who fell due to injuries. Worth a flier on Day 3. The Arizona TE is what Tanner Hudson is. But better and younger (although still old for a rookie)

The rest are depth pieces with athletic upside.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stay off Twitter and Reddit during the draft these days. It’s mind mumbling annoying. Everybody is a “draft expert” cause they ran a PFF mock 57 times since January.

This fanbase has no clue what they want…

The same fanbase who for TWO YEARS bitched and complained about not drafting a TE…only to throw a tantrum after the Bengals draft 2 of them…but neither went to Ohio State. So let’s jump off a bridge.

The same fanbase who since 2021 has been begging for high upside athletes at OT…PROTECT JOE AT ALL COSTS….hates the Amarius Mims pick. The freakiest athlete at the position in the country. Who would’ve been a top 7 pick if he started the entire season. But draft twitter liked Troy Fantanu better! Who is undersized and has short arms. Projects better as a guard.

We just tried one of those…his name was Jonah Williams…

The sky it falling because we didn’t draft 5 offensive guards…didn’t pick a RB…picked the wrong slot CB in the 5th…it goes on an on.

I half wish the team would go 5-12 this year so half these nephews would jump on a different bandwagon.

I like this Bengals draft. They addressed needs. And took some risks for a change.

Mims will be the make or break in the 1st. Could be the best OL in the draft if he stays healthy. Enough of the stop gaps. It was time to find a fixture on the edge for 10 years. Worth the gamble IMO given that Murphy and Turner both went before the Bengals pick. I like it more knowing that the Steelers wanted him at 20.

Jenkins and Burton are potential studs, who are going to get a ton on playing time right away.

McKinley Jackson is built for the AFC North as a plug and play run defender.

I like the two TEs. All was a 2nd round talent who fell due to injuries. Worth a flier on Day 3. The Arizona TE is what Tanner Hudson is. But better and younger (although still old for a rookie)

The rest are depth pieces with athletic upside.
The Bearcat and Ohio State rose colored glasses are strong with local fans...

All is a guy that, if healthy, is well suited and better than Stover...just a fact. Stover is a fine TE, but a healthy All is just better.

UC fans are just as bad - every time there is a UC guy they think that the Bengals should draft them. Forget it the scheme fit, or if there's room, or if that guy is even really good enough. The Bengals HATE UC...

I swear...people are the worst...lol

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bearcat and Ohio State rose colored glasses are strong with local fans...

All is a guy that, if healthy, is well suited and better than Stover...just a fact. Stover is a fine TE, but a healthy All is just better.

UC fans are just as bad - every time there is a UC guy they think that the Bengals should draft them. Forget it the scheme fit, or if there's room, or if that guy is even really good enough. The Bengals HATE UC...

I swear...people are the worst...lol
Armon Binns worked out didn't he? they seriously thought he would be our #2 WR

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about Matt Lee the C from Miami, the Bengals might have found something.

Highest graded center in CFB last year. Pretty good RAS testing scores too. Not the biggest or strongest but gets the job done.

Will be interesting to watch in camp.