• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Ryder Cup

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's fucking ZERO chance that we take the cup this year. We're usually the stronger team on paper and we don't even have that edge this year.

The foreign location drought will continue.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the chicks couldn't get it done for the Solhein Cup.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right... we rarely do well over there. I forgot about the Solheim until this morning when I turned it on about halfway through. What a terrible job on the coverage by the golf channel. Bad camera work and bad commentators who often didn't seem know wtf was going on. Following several matches simultaneously with an eye toward team results probably isn't easy, but they seem to manage with the Ryder Cup without too much confusion. They probably did it on the cheap because the Solheim Cup isn't exactly must see viewing.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was three days of singles matches, we'd still kick ass every year. That early silly stuff always puts us in a deep hole.

I'll be watching though 'cause it's always compelling.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was three days of singles matches, we'd still kick ass every year. That early silly stuff always puts us in a deep hole.

I'll be watching though 'cause it's always compelling.
and because you can't do anything else, yet.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and because you can't do anything else, yet.

Got my appetite back so I can drink and eat!

Actually doing much better this week and walkig with a cane. Haven't done any pain meds today and may well be done with them.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually doing much better this week and walkig with a cane. Haven't done any pain meds today and may well be done with them.
Nice to hear, keep doing your rehab.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Able to work yet?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right... we rarely do well over there. I forgot about the Solheim until this morning when I turned it on about halfway through. What a terrible job on the coverage by the golf channel. Bad camera work and bad commentators who often didn't seem know wtf was going on. Following several matches simultaneously with an eye toward team results probably isn't easy, but they seem to manage with the Ryder Cup without too much confusion. They probably did it on the cheap because the Solheim Cup isn't exactly must see viewing.
All they needed was a fucking leaderboard. I mean how hard is that? The coverage was honestly embarrassing. A disservice to the great golf on display.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they needed was a fucking leaderboard. I mean how hard is that? The coverage was honestly embarrassing. A disservice to the great golf on display.

I'm glad someone else here noticed. It was ridiculous. I enjoy watching womens golf as much as the men. When I said it isn't must see viewing I was referring to the fact that it isn't as popular in general (iow ratings and commercial ad revenue), so they couldn't justify spending a lot of money on the coverage which is a lot more expensive when it's in Europe.

There's some nice legs on the tour...

Yea, it isn't like the old days. There are a lot of nice looking women on tour.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's fucking ZERO chance that we take the cup this year. We're usually the stronger team on paper and we don't even have that edge this year.

The foreign location drought will continue.
From a European perspective, I'm expecting a US win. The Euros are a little top heavy with McIlroy, Rahm and Hovland but even then Rory has a losing record over the last couple tournaments and Hovland has never won a Ryder cup match. I think the US looks good 1-12.

Euros need their big three to play really well. Need a solid, consistent partner for McIlroy. I really think we did a bad job of picking courses. Surely, a wet, chilly Scottish links course would be better than 80 degrees in sunny Rome?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a European perspective, I'm expecting a US win. The Euros are a little top heavy with McIlroy, Rahm and Hovland but even then Rory has a losing record over the last couple tournaments and Hovland has never won a Ryder cup match. I think the US looks good 1-12.

Euros need their big three to play really well. Need a solid, consistent partner for McIlroy. I really think we did a bad job of picking courses. Surely, a wet, chilly Scottish links course would be better than 80 degrees in sunny Rome?

Hope you're right but I have little confidence in the USA team in its entirety including Zach.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if driving it straight will be everything there as the primary rough is ridiculously penal. A couple of the guys I've seen interviewed hinted at not being crazy about the course and Hovland minced no words.. he clearly hates it.

Viktor Hovland critical of Ryder Cup venue, says he's 'not a fan' of Marco Simone Golf and Country Club - Eurosport

i could be wrong but this course barley resembles a links course ..and looks very "American"

You don't often get a true Links course for the Ryder cup in Europe but they usually have some facets of one.
Some fairways seem very flat ...not a lot of the bumps & hills you would expect to see in Europe.

I'm not to sure why the Europeans would take away that advantage of playing thier type of golf.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could be wrong but this course barley resembles a links course ..and looks very "American"

You don't often get a true Links course for the Ryder cup in Europe but they usually have some facets of one.
Some fairways seem very flat ...not a lot of the bumps & hills you would expect to see in Europe.

I'm not to sure why the Europeans would take away that advantage of playing thier type of golf.

Exactly. Although I probably would have said the same about the US picking Whistling Strait last time around....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

What horrible play on the 18th