• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 more Saturday without college football.
ha gay GIF

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags @Sparhawk @flyerhawk

He’s trolling, right?

* looks around nervously *

Right, guys?

I really don’t think so. We have all projected that the time is coming one way or another. I think he’s packing his bags and talking to a real estate agent about what he can get for his spot.

This is the worst part of being a Sixers fan:
You can see the bull shit playing out before your eyes and you can’t do anything to stop it. The straw that breaks the camels back will be the outcome of this Harden situation. I said before that this time next summer Embiid would be on the move. I’m now starting to think that there’s a possibility it happens before that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go, Bulls….GO!!!!!!

This might be the only thing left for the Sixers to do to keep Embiid from begging out and in the end, it still may not work. Bulls get $75 million of cap relief after this season plus the $28.5 million coming off for DeRozen for around $103 million in total cap savings. Sixers send a future 1st and two future 2nds and they take the Lonzo Ball contract off their plate. Sixers get Lavine to run with Maxey and Embiid plus they get nice role players in Caruso and Williams. If Bulls want the possibility of blowing it up after this season they have that pathway now. Maybe Harden DeRozan Tobias and Vuc work as a group though and they want to keep that going. They have optionality.
IMG_3215.pngIMG_3216.png

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t think so. We have all projected that the time is coming one way or another. I think he’s packing his bags and talking to a real estate agent about what he can get for his spot.

This is the worst part of being a Sixers fan:
You can see the bull shit playing out before your eyes and you can’t do anything to stop it. The straw that breaks the camels back will be the outcome of this Harden situation. I said before that this time next summer Embiid would be on the move. I’m now starting to think that there’s a possibility it happens before that.
A Bulls trade for a guy like Derozan keeps you afloat and maintains your cap space.

Not a great return.

But, better than the Clippers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bulls trade for a guy like Derozan keeps you afloat and maintains your cap space.

Not a great return.

But, better than the Clippers.
Lavine is a better fit than DeRozan because Lavine is a better shooter. DeRozan is a mid range guy. That kind of guy can’t coexist with Embiid because they both work at the elbows. Lavine isn’t a great 3 pt shooter but he’s a career 38.5%. DeRozan is a career 29% with a career high of 35% most recently 32%.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the only thing left for the Sixers to do to keep Embiid from begging out and in the end, it still may not work. Bulls get $75 million of cap relief after this season plus the $28.5 million coming off for DeRozen for around $103 million in total cap savings. Sixers send a future 1st and two future 2nds and they take the Lonzo Ball contract off their plate. Sixers get Lavine to run with Maxey and Embiid plus they get nice role players in Caruso and Williams. If Bulls want the possibility of blowing it up after this season they have that pathway now. Maybe Harden DeRozan Tobias and Vuc work as a group though and they want to keep that going. They have optionality.
View attachment 337318View attachment 337319
I thought of Zach too.

But, cap space would be gone in this deal, which is why I went Derozan.

I really, Really, REALLY want nothing to do with Harden.

But, I would not curl in the fetal position over this….

Do it on the site you use and add in the Clippers first and see if it works.

Don’t see Morey doing it.

But, I expect a tweet saying he’s taking time away for the family by the time the Season begins.

AA68FB84-3432-4574-B4CD-9F7801173FC3.png

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of Zach too.

But, I expect a tweet saying he’s taking time away for the family by the time the Season begins.

View attachment 337320
I get you but damn if that isn’t a crowded midrange situation and guys stepping on toes. Tobias Harris is a midrange guy as well. Now you stack Embiid Harris and DeRozan and that shit is crazy midrange.

If you look back in this thread you’ll see me float a 3 teamer with Bulls Sixers Clippers. You guys get Harden and Tucker. Bulls get Tobias Harris and Morris. Sixers get Batum RoCo Caruso Lavine. I think I needed to use guys like Amir Coffey and Furkan Korkmaz to make money work out. Bulls get a first from Philly and a first from Clippers. Big thing is in that deal you get to keep Powell and ship out expirings that have value for the Bulls.

Additionally, I don’t think the Bulls would want to trade DeRozan and keep Lavine if they’re blowing it up. Lavine has 4 years at 40 and DeRozan has 1 year at 28.5. My goal with my deals are to stack Bulls with expiring salary to help them hit the reset button.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of Zach too.

View attachment 337320
Also, you have to be careful with using Harden on these trade machine apps. They don’t have the Harden kicker in play. That’s big for the Clippers because of the fact that they can’t take on more salary. When taking on Harden he’s not 35.6 mil he’s 40.6 million. He has a 5 million dollar kicker.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you but damn if that isn’t a crowded midrange situation and guys stepping on toes. Tobias Harris is a midrange guy as well. Now you stack Embiid Harris and DeRozan and that shit is crazy midrange.

If you look back in this thread you’ll see me float a 3 teamer with Bulls Sixers Clippers. You guys get Harden and Tucker. Bulls get Tobias Harris and Morris. Sixers get Batum RoCo Caruso Lavine. I think I needed to use guys like Amir Coffey and Furkan Korkmaz to make money work out. Bulls get a first from Philly and a first from Clippers. Big thing is in that deal you get to keep Powell and ship out expirings that have value for the Bulls.

Additionally, I don’t think the Bulls would want to trade DeRozan and keep Lavine if they’re blowing it up. Lavine has 4 years at 40 and DeRozan has 1 year at 28.5. My goal with my deals are to stack Bulls with expiring salary to help them hit the reset button.
Agree.

I was only using Derozan because it’s rumored that Philly wants a replacement and to maintain cap flexibility by not taking back salary that extends passed this year.

I don’t see how it’s possible to do both.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you have to be careful with using Harden on these trade machine apps. They don’t have the Harden kicker in play. That’s big for the Clippers because of the fact that they can’t take on more salary. When taking on Harden he’s not 35.6 mil he’s 40.6 million. He has a 5 million dollar kicker.
…..and I doubt he would waive it.

Its better for my soul if you just deal with the Bulls.

I have never been a Harden fan.

Him wearing a Clippers jersey won’t change that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden’s relationship with Morey has been critically damaged, seemingly beyond all repair. In July, I was told the relationship between Harden and Morey is essentially severed and fractured as a result of this process — which included opting into his $35.6 million deal for next season and deciding to work together on a trade after being given indications the 76ers did not view a long-term future with him. And sources have told me it all stems from Harden no longer trusting Morey and believing he’s been lied to as we sit in mid-August and the 76ers want Harden to return to the team. Harden had a resounding message Monday.