• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.
Sixers aren’t giving in.
Clippers aren’t giving in.

So James Harden is going to have to either:
A. Be a pro and compete for the Sixers
B. Sit at the end of the bench or just not show.

He has no leverage.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@shopson67

Still bitter.

Figured he wouldn’t go to the Lakers.

Went to Sacto.

Get Wood.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.
Sixers aren’t giving in.
Clippers aren’t giving in.

So James Harden is going to have to either:
A. Be a pro and compete for the Sixers
B. Sit at the end of the bench or just not show.

He has no leverage.
Lmao at Be a Pro. That one sailed long ago.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@shopson67

Still bitter.

Figured he wouldn’t go to the Lakers.

Went to Sacto.

Get Wood.

I think that’s a good spot for all parties. Sabonis is an undersized 5. In certain matchups they would need a body like Noel to keep Sabonis from getting beaten up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at Be a Pro. That one sailed long ago.
Well, now it’s going to cost him money. Sixers aren’t going to trade him for pennies on the dollar. If he pulls his bull shit without a contract for next year it’s seriously going to impact negatively the money he can get on what will likely be his last deal. Everything he’s done this off season has been about protecting his access to money. “Be a pro” is the winning move if he is focused on the money. Let’s be honest. He can pull his bull shit in Houston when he’s still an MVP candidate yearly and know someone will pay him. He pulls similar shenanigans to get out Brooklyn and the league is like WTF dude. He’s been raked over the coals for it. Now he’s doing it a third time where he threatens sabotage? That shit ain’t gonna end well. Long story short, James Harden is incentivized this time to actually be a pro and be his best out on the floor or there is no market for him next year either like there was no market for him this year when he flirted with opting out of his player option.

The only way this changes is if Harden ignores reality and then just don’t show up. By the time they get to the trade deadline, at that point Morey might say something is better than nothing and they deal him for Batum, RoCo, and Marcus Morris. All 3 guys are on expiring deals so Sixers can get that cap space anyway they would have gotten with Harden. In that scenario, the Clippers only really give up Batum. There’s something wrong with them (considering their depth chart) if Morris and RoCo are still in their rotation next year. They have better wings. That’s a dire situation for Morey. Morey loves to play poker. I think he calls Harden’s bluff and the situation forces him on to the floor though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I didn’t know that.

Is that the Nets rule?

Can only go so far into the future. Look at any team's available future picks and they stop at 2030 for this coming season. They'll add on 2031 next offseason. Nets rule...I don't know?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen you take this stance on the hundreds * exaggerating * of other start, bench, cut posts.

It’s not meant to be taken seriously.

Don’t get emo because your guy is the obvious cut.

Put him with the PF, different outcome.

Centers?

Bye, Felicia.

I avoid most of them. They're pointless IMO.

AD is on my team, but he's not my guy. Curious to see what happens next summer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now it’s going to cost him money. Sixers aren’t going to trade him for pennies on the dollar. If he pulls his bull shit without a contract for next year it’s seriously going to impact negatively the money he can get on what will likely be his last deal. Everything he’s done this off season has been about protecting his access to money. “Be a pro” is the winning move if he is focused on the money. Let’s be honest. He can pull his bull shit in Houston when he’s still an MVP candidate yearly and know someone will pay him. He pulls similar shenanigans to get out Brooklyn and the league is like WTF dude. He’s been raked over the coals for it. Now he’s doing it a third time where he threatens sabotage? That shit ain’t gonna end well. Long story short, James Harden is incentivized this time to actually be a pro and be his best out on the floor or there is no market for him next year either like there was no market for him this year when he flirted with opting out of his player option.

The only way this changes is if Harden ignores reality and then just don’t show up. By the time they get to the trade deadline, at that point Morey might say something is better than nothing and they deal him for Batum, RoCo, and Marcus Morris. All 3 guys are on expiring deals so Sixers can get that cap space anyway they would have gotten with Harden. In that scenario, the Clippers only really give up Batum. There’s something wrong with them (considering their depth chart) if Morris and RoCo are still in their rotation next year. They have better wings. That’s a dire situation for Morey. Morey loves to play poker. I think he calls Harden’s bluff and the situation forces him on to the floor though.

Based on what we've seen, forcing him onto the floor may be the best option.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Lillard, too?

Largely, yes. He is however a much more proven player and clutch. The real point with Herro is that Portland doesn't need more SGs.

I've noted previously that Dame isn't going to win as a 1, needs to be at least a 2.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@shopson67

Get Wood.

Keep it clean, this is a family site lol.

If he went to the Kings, Lakers should offer a min deal to Queta (if his injury isn't substantial). Otherwise I like Giles.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what we've seen, forcing him onto the floor may be the best option.
Yep. There you have a chance to compete. But a team with Embiid Maxey and Clippers garbage doesn’t get you anywhere. No reason to make that deal now. The season would be DOA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%.

If we were going with 4’s, it would come down to your preference between KD and AD.

Im obviously taking Giannis first.

But, KD hasn’t been a iron man the last 3 years.

So, that can’t be used against the Brow.

It would come down to do you covet the shooting ability of Durant or the defensive savagery of Davis more?

Small sample size.

But, Durant looked like a Robin to Book’s Batman.

Tough call.

Both those Dudes should be the alphas on their teams and they are not.

At least Durant has the excuse that he’s old.

I would probably go Davis.

To be fair to AD, he's teammates with Lebron.

It's hard to be the alpha with the guy who has been the face of the league for at least 15 years and who is still playing at an all star level on your team.

AD probably had Lebron posters on his wall when he was a kid.

I know Lebron says he wants AD to be "the guy", but it's not like Lebron can just turn off being "the guy" since that's who he has been on every team he's been on since he was 8.

I'm not saying AD can be the alpha...just that I'm not sure we can say that he can't when he's on what the whole world sees as "Lebron's team".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There you have a chance to compete. But a team with Embiid Maxey and Clippers garbage doesn’t get you anywhere. No reason to make that deal now. The season would be DOA.

I messed that up...meant to say may NOT be the best option. We've seen him literally just "go through the motions" on the court. If that happens, things could get rough because you know Embiid will eventually say something.

Having said that, if the Sixers can convince him that pulling that shit this year is going to cost him millions...then it could work.

I don't think that even a motivated Harden gets the Sixers to the finals, but it probably gives them a better shot than what the Clips seem to be offering.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largely, yes. He is however a much more proven player and clutch. The real point with Herro is that Portland doesn't need more SGs.

I've noted previously that Dame isn't going to win as a 1, needs to be at least a 2.
That's fine but you called Herro half a player because he's a hunting target on D. Your logic makes Lillard half a player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it going to cost him money?

Maybe a little.

But everyone knows this is who Harden is. Between inconsistent post seasons play, his age and his antics, he wasn’t getting a big long term deal even before this.

Nothing but confirmation.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it going to cost him money?

Maybe a little.

But everyone knows this is who Harden is. Between inconsistent post seasons play, his age and his antics, he wasn’t getting a big long term deal even before this.

Nothing but confirmation.
If he has back to back years averaging an efficient 21 on 13-14 shots a game and 10-11 assists, he will definitely get paid. Let’s be honest, we care about guys being playoff risers but when it comes to contracts in the league it doesn’t matter. Only about 5-6 teams every year are actually legit contenders. Everybody else is just happy to make the playoffs and maybe win a round or they’re tanking. More teams will have cap space next summer than they had this summer. In the right spot, Harden can be a winning piece. The Suns immediately come to mind. If you swap out Beal for Harden that team immediately becomes better because of fit and the roles that can be played. Harden makes the Clippers better right now as well (sorry @Mecca but true). Harden makes the Sixers better too. In a league where guys like Dillon Brooks are getting $20 million a season a James Harden deal of 3 years at 90 million with a team option in year 3 is a really solid contract. He pulls shenanigans and now he’s looking at 3 years 30-45 million with the same last year as a team option.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramona Shelbourne said the TWolves are one trade away from a NBA championship..

So Towns for Giannis? Sure

Will Ferrell Lol GIF