• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give realistic expectations for Lucic and he needs to accept those realistic expectations and sure im game.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durzi gone!

Im good
I didn’t hate him, just felt he needed help in decision making.
Who knows what’s next
Rumors are that Kings are talking to Jets.
Rumors and $8 and you can get a coffee at Starbucks.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t hate him, just felt he needed help in decision making.
So did Muffin, thats not really something to learn at NHL level. But fear not, you can not hate Spence who will be just as bad in our zone.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Muffin, thats not really something to learn at NHL level. But fear not, you can not hate Spence who will be just as bad in our zone.
You’re probably right. I will find a reason to not hate him. Like a dad who can’t see his kids are ugly.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durzi gone!

Im good

Praise the lord. Overrated player, defensive liability. Reeked of the Modry era and how fans loved him, a player far more likeable for whatever reason than actual ability.

I'd read on Teh Blog "he will be an All Star", "Kings will regret trading him", etc.Umm...no they won't. He isn't going to be anything more than a 3D who can run PP2. His defensive gaffes were back breaking and what he provided on offense didn't make up for what he gave up. Dude is almost 25, he wasn't going to miraculously turn his defensive game up all of a sudden. What you saw is what he will be at this stage. I didn't call him Duchesne 2.0 for nothing, he was a defensive mess.

Clears a spot for Spence or Clarke at a cheaper salary but this sure smells like a cap move and something is coming.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade Byfield to Jets for Dubois in a packaged deal?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pld has good skill and a decent 2 way game. My biggest concern is how long before he is unhappy he isnt the Mon saviour. I would hope he could be a pro and give it his all every shift.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing same things. Like it's pretty much a done deal with Iafallo and Villardi (And maybe more) for PLD. The part I hate it that they mentioned Villardi's camp hasn't even heard from LA on an extension, so Kings have zero intent on resigning Villardi. Sort of don't like that way of doing business. To me, it looks like if LA goes for PLD, they are resigning themselves to mediocre goaltending this year, and looking at addressing this all when the cap goes up next year and Kopitar's money falls off. This is a very longterm move to try to get PLD to attempt to solidify their center position and it really speaks to their inability to develop their own top centers. They have Kopitar who they will resign for less money next year, and Danault is already 30 as well.

I really like Villardi, and his hands are amazing, but I have to admit that he was hurt again this year, and still missed a ton of time to finish the year, even missed Game 1 against Edmonton. At the end of the day, the best ability of them all is availability. I do not know what his camp was asking for, but it sounds Kings don't even want to retain his services for whatever amount that might be.

If LA moves Villardi and Iafallo, but then resigns PLD to big extension, that's a tough one to try to make more moves with. The Gavrikov move to resign him for two years made me think they were getting ready to go all in this year, but this PLD move makes me think they are maybe not. But they have $7mil left right now, and moving Iafallo out frees up another $4. So $11, but hearing PLD wants like $8-9, so that leaves maybe $2-3 to get Kupari signed (Less priority) and get a goalie, which is pretty important. Also, Iafallo and Villardi weren't slouches, so those are two big holes in the depth up front (PLD fills in one of those holes).

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goalie Goalie Goalie Goalie Goalie Goalie

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legend is a tough one, you can see he has offensive talent and it would probably continue to get better. But this was the most games he has played going back past his OHL days even and it was only 63g. Thats alarming as his avg season is probably 1/2 that.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing same things. Like it's pretty much a done deal with Iafallo and Villardi (And maybe more) for PLD. The part I hate it that they mentioned Villardi's camp hasn't even heard from LA on an extension, so Kings have zero intent on resigning Villardi. Sort of don't like that way of doing business. To me, it looks like if LA goes for PLD, they are resigning themselves to mediocre goaltending this year, and looking at addressing this all when the cap goes up next year and Kopitar's money falls off. This is a very longterm move to try to get PLD to attempt to solidify their center position and it really speaks to their inability to develop their own top centers. They have Kopitar who they will resign for less money next year, and Danault is already 30 as well.

I hit on that earlier - the inability to develop their own players (in general, not just the C position). In a way I'm almost relieved they dont have a 1st round pick this year because that means they can't f**k the dog again with it. Yanetti has been living on his early year laurels for quite some time now. It's pathetic that Vilardi is the highlight yet it's been 6 years since he was drafted and really only has a half season of decent production to show for it with picks like Buster, Turcotte and Kupari not taking any major leaps forward if at all.

Ultimately this leads to situations like this, looking for pieces outside the organization. It ends up costing more all around in terms of money and assets vs having trending up/productive cost controlled players. Look around the league and you'll see something far more different in general than what has happened in LA with its prospects.

I really like Villardi, and his hands are amazing, but I have to admit that he was hurt again this year, and still missed a ton of time to finish the year, even missed Game 1 against Edmonton. At the end of the day, the best ability of them all is availability. I do not know what his camp was asking for, but it sounds Kings don't even want to retain his services for whatever amount that might be.

Same thing I thought, what exactly is he asking for? I did a random check on career earnings on that 2017 draft class, some quick numbers:

- Hischier/1st/$21.5 million
- Patrick/2nd/$6 million
- Vilardi/11th/$3.6 million
- Necas/12th/$5.5 million
- Suzuki/13th/$12 million

That draft in general was not a strong one, and basically everyone hasn't made a lot of bucks unless you're Suzuki or Hischier. But The Legend's career earnings perked my interest and it's directly tied to his unavailability to play. Patrick is an outlier since he was a 2nd overall but he has played in 222 games even after missing all of 2022-23 due to UBI (most likely concussion) while Vilardi has played in 152. Big difference in GP.

I think Vilardi is looking for security while Blake was looking bridge. My .02 but explains why he would be shipped out. He just has missed too much time even though he finally showed something this season. But even then that's only basically half a season and does not justify a 3-4 year deal. Way too much risk considering his injury history.

If LA moves Villardi and Iafallo, but then resigns PLD to big extension, that's a tough one to try to make more moves with. The Gavrikov move to resign him for two years made me think they were getting ready to go all in this year, but this PLD move makes me think they are maybe not. But they have $7mil left right now, and moving Iafallo out frees up another $4. So $11, but hearing PLD wants like $8-9, so that leaves maybe $2-3 to get Kupari signed (Less priority) and get a goalie, which is pretty important. Also, Iafallo and Villardi weren't slouches, so those are two big holes in the depth up front (PLD fills in one of those holes).

I rip on Iafallo because he is an overpaid B6 winger on a contending team, but he does a lot of things well for LA. His cold streaks are crazy though, he hits 20-25 games sometimes between goals but his defensive game, leadership and work ethic doesn't suffer. At his price point however, it would have to be one of him or Moore going the other way to make it work.

Someone PLEASE take Bowlby's checkbook away, he hands out cash like it's going out of style for players who should be getting paid way less - and they have bit him in the ass quite a bit recently.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iafallo @ 2-2.5 would be good