• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NHL Entry Draft

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

2023 NHL Draft: Winners and losers from the first round​

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2023 NHL Draft: Winners and losers from the first round​

Canucks twitter (Drancer, JD Burke et al) are putting Canucks in the loser category but thats nothing new lol. Seems they reached on a few picks and may have been able to trade down and get who they wanted in spots but :ohwell: Ill wait for the kids to play a few games next season lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Canucks twitter (Drancer, JD Burke et al) are putting Canucks in the loser category but thats nothing new lol. Seems they reached on a few picks and may have been able to trade down and get who they wanted in spots but :ohwell: Ill wait for the kids to play a few games next season lol
yeah, I saw something that Buffalo wanted to trade up to make sure they got Benson.
Canucks could have gotten an asset to move down two spots, with only Coyotes in the way of getting Willander.

a risk, as who knows what the fuck Coyotes are ever thinking.
so either WIllander really was their guy, or there was a real step down in prospects at that point if Coyotes took him,

anywho.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“now they have a future number one center unlike any they’ve seen since Rick Nash”

Wut?
It is unquestionable that Fantilli will be a far different center than Nash was. It's gonna make it look like Nash wasn't a center at all!

This guy usually drags the Jackets hard. If we hit on even one guy after Fantilli, I'll be stoked.
9f94xno4mz8b1.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy usually drags the Jackets hard. If we hit on even one guy after Fantilli, I'll be stoked.
I was watching a youtube video he put out last night after the 1st round and he was assigning grades to each pick - Let's just be kind and say he was all over the map (or quite harsh in some cases). I mean, how could you be quite glowing in your assessment of the guy and then give a grade of D+ when it comes to Honzek :noidea:

Here's the video and it starts with Honzek at #16...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a youtube video he put out last night after the 1st round and he was assigning grades to each pick - Let's just be kind and say he was all over the map (or quite harsh in some cases). I mean, how could you be quite glowing in your assessment of the guy and then give a grade of D+ when it comes to Honzek :noidea:

Here's the video and it starts with Honzek at #16...

his grading is insane. this is a solid pick C ... This is a an amazing player with huge upside D+

like cmon man

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his grading is insane. this is a solid pick C ... This is a an amazing player with huge upside D+

like cmon man

It would be interesting to find out how much he has actually watched some of these prospects or is he just relying on youtube videos and reading scouting reports. I don't think there's any need to assign grades at all, you could simply point out some of their perceived strengths and weaknesses and leave it at that. You just set yourself up for people coming back later and saying "I guess you were way off with that grade, eh"?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to find out how much he has actually watched some of these prospects or is he just relying on youtube videos and reading scouting reports. I don't think there's any need to assign grades at all, you could simply point out some of their perceived strengths and weaknesses and leave it at that. You just set yourself up for people coming back later and saying "I guess you were way off with that grade, eh"?

I am going to go with this. there is NO way he could see all these players play enough to scout them properly.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On scouting though, Greg Buttons didn't think much of Simashev (he was ripping into him pretty good) and then Chris Faber came on Donnie&Dhali and was very glowing of Simashev. Even in a deep draft, it's a crap shoot.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he puts anything into his videos besides controversial statements just to make people hate-click. The only reason I know who he is is because I see all kinds of rage directed at him in other Blue Jackets forums because he usually says nasty stuff about them. Which gets everyone riled up and clicking, thus ensuring he continues to make cash.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he puts anything into his videos besides controversial statements just to make people hate-click. The only reason I know who he is is because I see all kinds of rage directed at him in other Blue Jackets forums because he usually says nasty stuff about them. Which gets everyone riled up and clicking, thus ensuring he continues to make cash.

Yeah, folks will look at the thumbnail and see a 'F' for the Habs pick and rage-click lol

Edit: 'F' on the thumbnail, but he says 'D' during the video.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unquestionable that Fantilli will be a far different center than Nash was. It's gonna make it look like Nash wasn't a center at all!

9f94xno4mz8b1.jpg
I always find guys who get hype over 3/4th round picks on the day of hilarious. Oh yeah for sure dude, guy taken fuckin 175th is an absolute steal.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I always find guys who get hype over 3/4th round picks on the day of hilarious. Oh yeah for sure dude, guy taken fuckin 175th is an absolute steal.

/puts ballcap on backwards and crushes a Biosteel

brah, i had him ranked to go between 146th and 158th
total steal.