• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NHL Entry Draft

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I am starting this

I feel Bedard will make this list so all the other teams should avoid him at all costs and let Vancouver take the hit.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like there could be as many as 5 players selected in the 1st round this year who played their minor hockey in the Lower Mainland/Vancouver/Island area. (Bedard/Wood/Benson/Cristall/Dragicevic)

I think the academy/zone programs have worked ... I mean ... there are a lot of parents out their broke and with kids with shattered dreams returning to play at minor hockey associations at the u18 level ... but all in all, the structure has created some potential nhl studs.

( throwback - 2018-19 CHL thread )

Drancer has a story in the athletic on the stars coming out of the area (if anyone pays for it please copy and paste lol)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like there could be as many as 5 players selected in the 1st round this year who played their minor hockey in the Lower Mainland/Vancouver/Island area. (Bedard/Wood/Benson/Cristall/Dragicevic)

I think the academy/zone programs have worked ... I mean ... there are a lot of parents out their broke and with kids with shattered dreams returning to play at minor hockey associations at the u18 level ... but all in all, the structure has created some potential nhl studs.

( throwback - 2018-19 CHL thread )

Drancer has a story in the athletic on the stars coming out of the area (if anyone pays for it please copy and paste lol)
i guess we are actually close enough now to start getting into this discussion.

I do have the feeling the Canucks will be trading our pick for someone that will help now but I am hoping that we just draft the best player available. I do not have any hope going into next season that we will actually make the playoffs and will again finish just outside with a mid round pick again. At least with Bruce there was an excitement level (that turns out it was not real) that I thought this last season would be different. I have no confidence in that this year considering they were just average under Tocchet and underwhelming for the most part.

I still think Frankie just wants 2 games playoff revenue each year so he wont be instructing Trader Jim and All in Allvin to build for the future.

none of it matters this year anyway as we still have one more year of Myers and 37 years (in dog years) of OEL on the books. if the cap doesn't go up 6-8 M I do not see how this team competes at all with the roster we have

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have the feeling the Canucks will be trading our pick for someone that will help now
Gubberson! You didn't specify who will be helped.

Apparently a lot of teams' fans are thinking the Jackets will be trading 3OA for whatever player they like but know they won't re-sign. With a choice of Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov and Smith available, it would be an epic fumble to trade that pick away for anything short of McDavid or Mackinnon.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess we are actually close enough now to start getting into this discussion.

I do have the feeling the Canucks will be trading our pick for someone that will help now but I am hoping that we just draft the best player available. I do not have any hope going into next season that we will actually make the playoffs and will again finish just outside with a mid round pick again. At least with Bruce there was an excitement level (that turns out it was not real) that I thought this last season would be different. I have no confidence in that this year considering they were just average under Tocchet and underwhelming for the most part.

I still think Frankie just wants 2 games playoff revenue each year so he wont be instructing Trader Jim and All in Allvin to build for the future.

none of it matters this year anyway as we still have one more year of Myers and 37 years (in dog years) of OEL on the books. if the cap doesn't go up 6-8 M I do not see how this team competes at all with the roster we have
feels to me they may do that trade down to dump a contract :noidea: i think going from 11 to 19 is not so bad especially seeing Gabe Perrault, Sam Honzek and Andrew Cristall are in that area in mock drafts I have seen

/ heres an article shredding Cristall lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gubberson! You didn't specify who will be helped.

Apparently a lot of teams' fans are thinking the Jackets will be trading 3OA for whatever player they like but know they won't re-sign. With a choice of Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov and Smith available, it would be an epic fumble to trade that pick away for anything short of McDavid or Mackinnon.
if they stick to keeping that pick you can not go wrong with who is available. canucks can blow it pretty bad at 11

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels to me they may do that trade down to dump a contract :noidea: i think going from 11 to 19 is not so bad especially seeing Gabe Perrault, Sam Honzek and Andrew Cristall are in that area in mock drafts I have seen

/ heres an article shredding Cristall lol

Canucks Trade Tyler Myers and the 11th overall to Winnipeg Jets for the 18th overall while retaining 100% of Myers Contract

Um... Patrik that is not how it works man

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks Trade Tyler Myers and the 11th overall to Winnipeg Jets for the 18th overall while retaining 100% of Myers Contract

Um... Patrik that is not how it works man
the better d are are all slotted to go around 11th overall so staying there would be good too ... but they have to dump salary and might have to move down from 11 #thankyoujim(s)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the better d are are all slotted to go around 11th overall so staying there would be good too ... but they have to dump salary and might have to move down from 11 #thankyoujim(s)
i would rather draft the D and waste the year than give up something for myers (now moving OEL is something different)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i have to think the Canucks will have an agreement in place well before September to trade Chaos Giraffe after his bonus is paid.
someone like Chicago or Anaheim who are $15-20 mill below the cap floor, a $1MM cash salary for a $6MM cap hit has to be pretty attractive.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least with Bruce there was an excitement level (that turns out it was not real) that I thought this last season would be different. I have no confidence in that this year considering they were just average under Tocchet and underwhelming for the most part.
i didnt want to go here in this thread but ... lmao :L

it still amazes me that people were all gung ho about Bruce and his unsustainable unstructured team play which relied on Vezina level goaltending.
Boudreaus record with the Canucks ... 74 points in 57 games > 106 point full 82 game regular season pace

Tocchet comes in a brings defensive structure and almost every team defensive stat improves without Vezina level goaltending for a large part of his run.
Tocchets record with the Canucks ... 44 points in 34 games > 106 point full 82 game regular season pace

lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt want to go here in this thread but ... lmao :L

it still amazes me that people were all gung ho about Bruce and his unsustainable unstructured team play which relied on Vezina level goaltending.
Boudreaus record with the Canucks ... 74 points in 57 games > 106 point full 82 game regular season pace

Tocchet comes in a brings defensive structure and almost every team defensive stat improves without Vezina level goaltending for a large part of his run.
Tocchets record with the Canucks ... 44 points in 34 games > 106 point full 82 game regular season pace

lol
moved it to canucks board

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
pretty good guide to follow along
look at bedard - 1 out of 10 on heavy hits.
def not a top 10 pick
(and I have seen him lay some pretty decent hits)

https://www.sportsnet. ca/nhl/article/scouts-analysis-final-ranking-of-the-top-80-prospects-for-the-2023-nhl-draft/

take the space out after "sportsnet." as it is trying to convert to medial link otherwise

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps confuse me. I get looking to the future but also you have Ovechkin, is the plan really just rebuild while having him chase the goal record?