• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Draft

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read - despite written by Florio.....

Pure unadulterated garbage.

It is a privelage. Many would give up their right testicle to play in the NFL.

You can still live half the year wherever you want.

Yeah $500k is chump change. Damn near poverty level to play 17 games a year.

Oh and since the writer continues to call them the best of the best, that $495k doesn't include endorsements and all the other freebies.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the article? It was about the combine.....
It wasn't about the combine, mostly. It was about the exclusive rights drafting process, then marginally about the combine.

If the combine has degrading elements they should clean that up. When I was a young kid, others would swim naked at the YMCA. By the time I was in high school that was no more. The parading around a "men's place" has gone from nobody cares to "everyone's watching". In accordance, the combine should clean itself up and keep to the times. It should also review exactly what they need and stick to that and maybe even run the event like a track meet as well as making it a joint union/league event with oversight from each.

The crux is this statement regarding employment being a privilege (or opportunity): "Still, incoming players lack the freedom to choose where they’ll live, where they’ll work, who they’ll work for, who they’ll work with. How can that ever be called a privilege?" For starters, they have a choice (don't play). They are also represented by the union and the union "sold" the right of exclusivity for other benefits. A big part of the rookie pay scale is to fix an inequity where new unproven players were taking a disproportionate share of the available money.

That article has some points, but overall it's slanted in just one direction for the purpose of being clickbait.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't about the combine, mostly. It was about the exclusive rights drafting process, then marginally about the combine.

If the combine has degrading elements they should clean that up. When I was a young kid, others would swim naked at the YMCA. By the time I was in high school that was no more. The parading around a "men's place" has gone from nobody cares to "everyone's watching". In accordance, the combine should clean itself up and keep to the times. It should also review exactly what they need and stick to that and maybe even run the event like a track meet as well as making it a joint union/league event with oversight from each.

The crux is this statement regarding employment being a privilege (or opportunity): "Still, incoming players lack the freedom to choose where they’ll live, where they’ll work, who they’ll work for, who they’ll work with. How can that ever be called a privilege?" For starters, they have a choice (don't play). They are also represented by the union and the union "sold" the right of exclusivity for other benefits. A big part of the rookie pay scale is to fix an inequity where new unproven players were taking a disproportionate share of the available money.

That article has some points, but overall it's slanted in just one direction for the purpose of being clickbait.
I said it was a good read - I didn't say I agreed with it.
The fact that we read all of a Florio article is unusual in itself!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was a good read - I didn't say I agreed with it.
The fact that we read all of a Florio article is unusual in itself!
Did I write anything about how much you agreed with the article? I merely responded with my thoughts about the article. Isn't that why you posted it? Or did you want a bunch of replies that stated "yup, good read."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this thread just became real relevant

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's key to remember going into the season we were cap tight, still in rebuild mode and hired and OC with zero ZERO ZERO!!!! EXPERIENCE. Some tried to rationalize this pick with comments like " While he was a DC so he should know offense or O Line". This was flat out a bad call by BB. This team really does suck less the defense, and RBs IMO. ST are okay but they usually are. I feel comfortable now saying the season is a wash with the Bengals, Bills and Phin still on the schedule best we can hope to do is ruin someone else's dreams.

Start looking at FA this offseason and preparing for the draft. I will conjusre up some off-season entertainment.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the article? It was about the combine.....
I read it.
It mentions the combine in the very beginning and then goes into how it is a precursor to the draft and "Slave Trade".
During and after reading it I picked more up about the draft then I did the combine.

Maybe just how I read it, but I went back and read it again after seeing this comment, and still my feeling of te article is Draft=Slave Trade.

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kraft actually gets someone who actually knows how to draft an leave Belichick out of the process!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's key to remember going into the season we were cap tight, still in rebuild mode and hired and OC with zero ZERO ZERO!!!! EXPERIENCE. Some tried to rationalize this pick with comments like " While he was a DC so he should know offense or O Line". This was flat out a bad call by BB. This team really does suck less the defense, and RBs IMO. ST are okay but they usually are. I feel comfortable now saying the season is a wash with the Bengals, Bills and Phin still on the schedule best we can hope to do is ruin someone else's dreams.

Start looking at FA this offseason and preparing for the draft. I will conjusre up some off-season entertainment.
Zero Oline and zero OC.

I defended Bill when he made the choice.
It was the wrong choice.

Please Bill. Send that fat slob upstairs or just get rid of him. We need an OC.
With BB running the Defense they are fantastic, better than any Patricia defense.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kraft actually gets someone who actually knows how to draft an leave Belichick out of the process!
his 1st pick was richard seymour Hes missed on some players but hes also hit on quite a few:suds:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine... Make me look stupid! LOL

I just wish he would actually grow balls and remove Patricia
You are correct, BB and Kraft for not dealing with BB are the issue. It may be time for a change in NE.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, BB and Kraft for not dealing with BB are the issue. It may be time for a change in NE.
we can always sell it back to the sullivans:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I write anything about how much you agreed with the article? I merely responded with my thoughts about the article. Isn't that why you posted it? Or did you want a bunch of replies that stated "yup, good read."
I gave your response a bullseye. Is that not enough?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely is. I didn't notice the bullseye which gives the reply a different context.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just took a look at SPORTRAC NFL 2023 Free Agents. Things I noted.

1. WRs class is not all that and a bag of chips. If Nelson Agohlor is atop the class then it's not that good. I could concnetrate on keeping Jakobi.

2. There are tackles on both sides. And if we don't want to break the bank at the positions there are two I feel can fit right in

LT Kelvin Beachum AZ is a nice fit that won't break the bank.

RT Mike McGlinchey SG

This would still allow cap space to keep players of interest. Then we can concentrate on upgrades via the draft.

Just my opinoin