• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 6 games :
@BOS
TOR
@CAR
BOS
FLA
@NYR

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor
the movie drinking GIF

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still can't seem to consistently handle the top teams in the East. What a discouraging loss. A couple players looking like they never left Philadelphia with Sandstrom being one of them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, what a fucked up, cocktease of a game today!! This was a 2-2, competitive game entering the 3rd and then we forgot to play defense for about 4-5 minutes straight. Boston scored thrice in that stretch to absolutely end the game, up 5-2.

Not so fast. 10 minutes later, the most unlikely on the entire squad, Deslauriers, scores to get us within two. Just a minute later, Frost dazzles via putting one under the bar with his stick between his legs. Again, it looked to be over as the Bruins scored with just 3 minutes remaining to make it 6-4. Only 55 seconds later, Farabee put home a wraparound and we're only down by one. Constant offensive pressure ensued, but we fall short still and get zero points out of this wild game. It's nice to turn a blowout into a respectable score, but we gain nothing from it in the playoff race.

Thankfully, as Awaz alluded to, all of our division rivals continue to lose. Only the Caps are up 2-1 and still playing with a chance to gain on us.

That said, we need to put our big boy pants on here and start playing some fucking defense. We're struggling at times now without Seeler, Walker and Drysdale.

Also, where was that tremendous offensive pressure in the last 6 minutes at for the entire game!? I guess it's amazing what some confidence and some belief can do for a young squad, but still. Perhaps Farabee and Frost start scoring more regularly after this near miraculous comeback.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still can't seem to consistently handle the top teams in the East. What a discouraging loss. A couple players looking like they never left Philadelphia with Sandstrom being one of them.
I really can't blame Sandstrom for this one. He definitely held us in this game through two periods and then was completely hung out to dry for those next three goals. We were leaving guys wide open right in front of him and giving up 2 on 1's down low. Not at all his fault. For a few shifts there, we definitely stopped competing, and that's not on Sandstrom.

I don't know what's going on recently, but can our defensemen at least hold onto their fucking sticks at all times!? There have been a couple goals recently where 2-3 of our players have lost their sticks at the same exact time. WTF!?! I believe it was against the Leafs, literally all three of our players around the net had no stick and they scored on us with ease, of course. I've never seen that in almost 30 years of watching hockey.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Maverick, what the hell is up with defensemen losing their sticks??!! Good grief!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Maverick, what the hell is up with defensemen losing their sticks??!! Good grief!
It's embarrassing. You lose your stick deep in your own zone, you're completely useless except for being able to block shots and you're much more likely to take a penalty too. If two at the same time lose their sticks, I think it's worse than killing a penalty. Three guys lose their sticks and you can fucking forget about it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to secure 3rd in the Metro here. It's a three point lead, but the Caps and Isles both have two games in hand. The Caps have the edge because they are much closer to us in the tiebreaker. I'll take the points in the bank over games yet to be played any day though.

As difficult as our next five games appear to be, the Caps and Isles both have a very challenging next seven games, and against a lot of the same teams too. Tampa and Detroit play them a combined five more times, so those games will go a long way toward deciding who gets the wild cards.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago who would've thought we would score 5 goals and lose a game? :mad2:

Seeler and Risto please come back soon!
At least Seeler. I don't think we're going to see old soft ass Risto the rest of the season. Also Torts is going to keep fucking us because of his bromance with Atkinsons worthless ass.!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This whole thing sounds fishy but i think it may be why we received a first round pick from the Avs.
In the article Briere says he was surprised to hear the player was injured so I agree with you for the most part on the pick we got but then why would Briere say that lol. I would think a main point for the flyers taking all of their owed money was to waive it immediately, which now we can't do and potentially cant buy out next summer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the article Briere says he was surprised to hear the player was injured so I agree with you for the most part on the pick we got but then why would Briere say that lol. I would think a main point for the flyers taking all of their owed money was to waive it immediately, which now we can't do and potentially cant buy out next summer.
This is true. Its just a weird/fishy situation on the Avs end because he played a full game the night of the trade with no injury mentioned.