• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offensive Line Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last, but not least. I suspect I'll get very little traffic with this one, but lets see if you guys prove me wrong.

OFFENSIVE TACKLE
1. Evan Neal, Alabama - first round
2. Charles Cross, Miss State
3. Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
4. Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan
5. Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa
6. Tyler Smith, Tulsa

INTERIOR OFFENSIVE LINE
1. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa - first round
2. Kenyon Green, Texas A&M
3. Zion Johnson, Boston College
4. Dylan Parham, Memphis
5. Cole Strange, Chattanooga
6. Dohnovan West, Arizona State

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ikem

Evan Neal

Charles Cross

Tyler Linderbaum

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Seattle moving back and taking Linderbaum. Seattle had terrible center play ever since they traded Max Unger for Graham and surrendered a first... Linderbaum projects to be at a minimum a routine pro bowler... Yah we got Blythe, but he can shift to guard or backup. Would feel bad for the guy that he gets 'Humphrey'd' again but Seattle could use a great center for the next 10+ years.

I think if Neal and Ekonwu are there (especially Neal) Seattle will pull the trigger because Neal is a run blocking monster and OT is a glaring hole unless they believe in Forsythe/Curhan.... but yah. It's an okay OT class, not sure there's much there interior line wise.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Linderbaum drop out of the 1st Rd due to his measurables...

I dont think thats crazy at all. I can see him going around pick 20 to the Steelers as a top college player who fell because of a limitation. I could also see him falling to the 31-40 range.

I have heard of arm length pushing guys into the interior but Ive never actually heard it being used as a knock against a Center before, though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think thats crazy at all. I can see him going around pick 20 to the Steelers as a top college player who fell because of a limitation. I could also see him falling to the 31-40 range.

I have heard of arm length pushing guys into the interior but Ive never actually heard it being used as a knock against a Center before, though.
Steelers fans might have a bit more reservations about the arm length & size discussion because of a recent draft pick that failed pretty miserably. Steelers drafted Kendrick Greene last year out of Illinois to play Center. He was a day 2 prospect so the expectations were probably much too high given the circumstances he was thrust into. There was a lot of concern over his size, and not much concern over his ability. A lot of scouts said he could be a steal as high as the 2nd Rd. But we quickly found out that his size limitations were a massive problem. Not to mention he was more of a natural Guard than Center, so he was playing a bit too far out of his element. He may benefit from moving back to Guard, but everything we've seen from him in his rookie season seems to indicate that he simply isn't a pro-caliber O-lineman. Dude just looked flat out overwhelmed & lost last year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Linderbaum drop out of the 1st Rd due to his measurables...

Take it from a fan of a team that idiotically took an undersized center in the 1st round, that Linderbaum for that reason shouldnt be considered a 1st rounder.

It is very unlikely he will be able to go one on one against DT's in this league and hold up in pass protection. And having a center get bullied back 5 yards into the backfield on most pass plays makes life on a QB very difficult. And the fact that with T-Rex arms he was only able to get up 24 reps in the bench is pretty damn alarming.

The league has changed. 15 years ago it was rare for a center to have to be forced to block a DT one on one. In today's game, defensive coordinators scheme and rush in an effort to make just that happen. The day's of your light in the pants but agile center that can get to the next level with ease is over.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last, but not least. I suspect I'll get very little traffic with this one, but lets see if you guys prove me wrong.

OFFENSIVE TACKLE
1. Evan Neal, Alabama - first round
2. Charles Cross, Miss State
3. Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
4. Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan
5. Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa
6. Tyler Smith, Tulsa

INTERIOR OFFENSIVE LINE
1. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa - first round
2. Kenyon Green, Texas A&M
3. Zion Johnson, Boston College
4. Dylan Parham, Memphis
5. Cole Strange, Chattanooga
6. Dohnovan West, Arizona State
All the OT's are good but they won't all play tackle.
Daniel Faalele should be on one of these lists.
Tyler Linderbaum
is a center who I think should be considered separate from guards. He is only a center but fortunately, he is hands down the most sure-fire Center I've seen in awhile.

I guess since centers aren't important, it doesn't matter?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from a fan of a team that idiotically took an undersized center in the 1st round, that Linderbaum for that reason shouldnt be considered a 1st rounder.

It is very unlikely he will be able to go one on one against DT's in this league and hold up in pass protection. And having a center get bullied back 5 yards into the backfield on most pass plays makes life on a QB very difficult. And the fact that with T-Rex arms he was only able to get up 24 reps in the bench is pretty damn alarming.

The league has changed. 15 years ago it was rare for a center to have to be forced to block a DT one on one. In today's game, defensive coordinators scheme and rush in an effort to make just that happen. The day's of your light in the pants but agile center that can get to the next level with ease is over.
I agree. Size limitations creates a huge disadvantage, even if your technique is sound. It's pretty rare that prospects can overcome that disadvantage, especially on the interior of the OL. I think you can get away with it a little bit better at OT though, since I've seen it happen before with Kelvin Beachum. That kid was undersized & somehow managed to become a very solid LT in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers fans might have a bit more reservations about the arm length & size discussion because of a recent draft pick that failed pretty miserably. Steelers drafted Kendrick Greene last year out of Illinois to play Center. He was a day 2 prospect so the expectations were probably much too high given the circumstances he was thrust into. There was a lot of concern over his size, and not much concern over his ability. A lot of scouts said he could be a steal as high as the 2nd Rd. But we quickly found out that his size limitations were a massive problem. Not to mention he was more of a natural Guard than Center, so he was playing a bit too far out of his element. He may benefit from moving back to Guard, but everything we've seen from him in his rookie season seems to indicate that he simply isn't a pro-caliber O-lineman. Dude just looked flat out overwhelmed & lost last year.
FWIW, PFF had a 4th round grade on Greene last year and Linderbaum is the highest graded Center they've ever seen. Ill admit PFF isnt perfect but there is an expectation gap there

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the OT's are good but they won't all play tackle.
Daniel Faalele should be on one of these lists.
Tyler Linderbaum
is a center who I think should be considered separate from guards. He is only a center but fortunately, he is hands down the most sure-fire Center I've seen in awhile.

I guess since centers aren't important, it doesn't matter?

As a fan of the Gophers, no Faalele shouldnt be on one of these lists.

I would absolutely shocked if he developed into a starting OT in this league. He just doesnt move well enough. The only way a team should touch him before the 5th round is if they see some way to get him to lose 50 lbs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the Gophers, no Faalele shouldnt be on one of these lists.

I would absolutely shocked if he developed into a starting OT in this league. He just doesnt move well enough. The only way a team should touch him before the 5th round is if they see some way to get him to lose 50 lbs.
Lose weight and move to guard. That's why I suggested he should be on one of these lists.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my stance on Linderbaum is that he should go after Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson. Those guys are 1st round caliber prospects. So is Linderbaum minus the arms. So that probably puts Linderbaum early rd2 or late rd1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, PFF had a 4th round grade on Greene last year and Linderbaum is the highest graded Center they've ever seen. Ill admit PFF isnt perfect but there is an expectation gap there
Yea I admit the positive scouting most local media sources used for Green looked like it took a "gold-panning" approach to find, if you catch my drift.

In hindsight the expectations were unfairly placed on the kid. The coaches raved about him, and he won the starting C position after camp. Although his competition was basically non-existant, and the team didn't do much to fix the OL last offseason so the results should have been better anticipated. Personally I took the approach that "it couldn't get any worse than it was"... But I was wrong.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my stance on Linderbaum is that he should go after Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson. Those guys are 1st round caliber prospects. So is Linderbaum minus the arms. So that probably puts Linderbaum early rd2 or late rd1.
This year, only a few teams need a center badly.
Baltimore needs a center but has more important needs in 1st round.
Miami doesn't have a 1st round pick, maybe Tyreek Hill can play center?

Looking at team need, a player of this caliber is hard to pass up. At current level of need, teams can take a later round guard and cross-train him to center.
He is a 1st round player but will drop precipitately - how far?????

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I admit the positive scouting most local media sources used for Green looked like it took a "gold-panning" approach to find, if you catch my drift.

In hindsight the expectations were unfairly placed on the kid. The coaches raved about him, and he won the starting C position after camp. Although his competition was basically non-existant, and the team didn't do much to fix the OL last offseason so the results should have been better anticipated. Personally I took the approach that "it couldn't get any worse than it was"... But I was wrong.
Im looking at the scouting report on Green and they said consistency was an issue coming out but strength was a plus. Sounds like more of a Guard than a Center to me. I wouldn't totally rule out Linderbaum as Iowa is pretty much the one school that knows how to block. But that might also mean that Linderbaum is getting a hair overrated because of helmet scouting and how he performed in college compared to what his ceiling is in the NFL.

I keep hearing Jason Kelce comps but even Kelce's arms are about an inch or so longer. As a Chiefs fan, this is kind of like me looking at Calvin Austin at WR and think 'well, maybe he is kinda like Tyreek Hill, but he is 2 inches shorter and height was already an issue so where the heck does that leave him?' Roger McCreary is in the same boat with is arms at CB

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im looking at the scouting report on Green and they said consistency was an issue coming out but strength was a plus. Sounds like more of a Guard than a Center to me. I wouldn't totally rule out Linderbaum as Iowa is pretty much the one school that knows how to block. But that might also mean that Linderbaum is getting a hair overrated because of helmet scouting and how he performed in college compared to what his ceiling is in the NFL.

I keep hearing Jason Kelce comps but even Kelce's arms are about an inch or so longer. As a Chiefs fan, this is kind of like me looking at Calvin Austin at WR and think 'well, maybe he is kinda like Tyreek Hill, but he is 2 inches shorter and height was already an issue so where the heck does that leave him?' Roger McCreary is in the same boat with is arms at CB
That's what I keep telling her!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@rmilia1 what are your thoughts on Linderbaum?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@iowajerms might have some good insight on Linderbaum too. If he's still around

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mangold and Mack did fine at center with short arms. If the tape is good, I wouldn't devalue him too far. Centers in the first aren't common, so he could slip to the 2nd, but I wouldn't expect any further.

Arm length is a great advantage, but more important on the edges.