• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2022 NHL Trade Deadline

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Seven? Yeah, I guess I could see it. Seven. Seven periods of school, seven beatings a day. Roughly seven stitches a beating, and eventually seven years to life. Yeah, you're doing that child quite a service.”

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez Ben Chariot is worth that much in the rental trade market.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ordered my Smilanic jersey.

Laugh away Comedsian guy but Smilanic can really skate. Won't be a star but that jersey will almost certainly be relevant at some point. And by relevant I mean that people will question why you have the jersey of a 3rd liner then assume you must know a lot about hockey.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh away Comedsian guy but Smilanic can really skate. Won't be a star but that jersey will almost certainly be relevant at some point. And by relevant I mean that people will question why you have the jersey of a 3rd liner then assume you must know a lot about hockey.
Did not really know about him but from my extensive research done in the last 11 minutes he seems like a decent prospect.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess he might be part of the return for Giroux or for Bertuzzi?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess he might be part of the return for Giroux or for Bertuzzi?
Florida trading for Bertuzzi when they very well may have to go to Toronto 3 times in the first round would be quite the gamble.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida trading for Bertuzzi when they very well may have to go to Toronto 3 times in the first round would be quite the gamble.
Yeah that my thought with him that is a major risk. If there is a deal for Bertuzzi it would most likely include a Metro team since the Western conference is even more limited.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, more I look into the Sharks re-signing Hertl and the more it just seems like they're feeling like they have to keep guys like him and Meier only because they promised all those expensive useless veterans they signed to huge deals that they'd keep trying to contend.

They're stuck with Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic. They maybe could find a home for Couture, eating a quarter of his deal (pretty easy to fool some of the dumber GM's out there that he's still going to be good in two years). The rest will stop them from adding anything of value to the club other than through the draft which, unless they start getting some gems, hasn't been great besides Eklund lately. They could've cashed in on Hertl and Meier and built for the next two years and been ready to go by the time the cap finally shoots upward but instead they're going to waste a few more years.

Really weird turn for what's historically been one of the more consistently well-run clubs in this league.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, more I look into the Sharks re-signing Hertl and the more it just seems like they're feeling like they have to keep guys like him and Meier only because they promised all those expensive useless veterans they signed to huge deals that they'd keep trying to contend.

They're stuck with Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic. They maybe could find a home for Couture, eating a quarter of his deal (pretty easy to fool some of the dumber GM's out there that he's still going to be good in two years). The rest will stop them from adding anything of value to the club other than through the draft which, unless they start getting some gems, hasn't been great besides Eklund lately. They could've cashed in on Hertl and Meier and built for the next two years and been ready to go by the time the cap finally shoots upward but instead they're going to waste a few more years.

Really weird turn for what's historically been one of the more consistently well-run clubs in this league.
They handed out some terrible contracts over the years.

In 2024-2025 they are going to own 42.6 million to 5 players.
Their avg age that season: 35

Side NOTE: I have no clue what the Knights are going to do next season. If a team like the Coyotes bails them out I will be pissed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have no cap space and sign garbage roster filler.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re moving a legend with a full NTC you don’t really get to dictate the terms. If I’m Florida Tippett and a 2nd is already probably an overpay.

Also, Vancouver essentially paid for Garland with the 9th overall pick, trading him for less is absolutely pointless when he’s signed to a decent deal for multiple years.