• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joined some public league with a friend of mine. Just goofing around. This guy made like 8 leagues, best teams from each league join one league. Should be fun destroying these guys….

Wine Reaction GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show
You had to know somebody on here was going to say something......LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Darvin Ham is going to be having Westbrook come off the bench.

According to Woj, Ham and Westbrook have been exploring the possibility of Westbrook quarterbacking the 2nd unit and they're going to try it tonight.

Said a while back that this might be a way for Russ to be Russ and actually have a chance to work.

I don't usually watch pre-season games, but I'm watching this one.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Darvin Ham is going to be having Westbrook come off the bench.

According to Woj, Ham and Westbrook have been exploring the possibility of Westbrook quarterbacking the 2nd unit and they're going to try it tonight.

Said a while back that this might be a way for Russ to be Russ and actually have a chance to work.

I don't usually watch pre-season games, but I'm watching this one.
5C6FE68A-196C-4E7F-9B24-A01CFA7BCD93.jpeg

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Laker talk fixated on Westbrook. I get it but street clothes playing games cures a lot of ills. Westbrook really didn’t the benefit of having him to run the pick and roll, which they will do well together.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Laker talk fixated on Westbrook. I get it but street clothes playing games cures a lot of ills. Westbrook really didn’t the benefit of having him to run the pick and roll, which they will do well together.
AD staying healthy is the biggest “what if” and I think the lakers know it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When betting on yourself goes wrong....
View attachment 311346
The real egregious ones though are Noel and Bridges.

Oladipo, Schroder and Cousins all had at least signed their secondary league contracts which gave them financial stability. Cousins, Schroder and Oladipo all signed previously 50M+ deals in the league. Noel was on his first big contract. Same with Bridges.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AD staying healthy is the biggest “what if” and I think the lakers know it.

The possibility of keeping AD healthy is the only thing that makes Westbrook working at all, even remotely possible. Westbrook and Lebron can't work because they both require the ball and a spread floor. Westbrook can't provide the perimeter shooting that Lebron requires to spread the floor and even though Lebron is a better perimeter shooter than Westbrook, the Lakers aren't going to be making any deep runs depending on his perimeter shooting.

Imo, if Westbrook is going to come off the bench...the Lakers need to stagger Lebron and ADs minutes so that AD has some time with the 2nd unit and he and Westbrook can run the pick and roll. The 2 of them could destroy most teams 2nd units with that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep TJF12. Having Westbrook QB the Second Unit with Reaves, Bryant, maybe Shrooooder and Ryan is a def good idea by Ham. The emergence of Walker and P. Bev in the starting backcourt has made Westbrook the odd man out. He just looks out of place with Walker, P. Bev, James and AD on the floor. It may just work.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep TJF12. Having Westbrook QB the Second Unit with Reaves, Bryant, maybe Shrooooder and Ryan is a def good idea by Ham. The emergence of Walker and P. Bev in the starting backcourt has made Westbrook the odd man out. He just looks out of place with Walker, P. Bev, James and AD on the floor. It may just work.

Imo, it's the only way that Westbrook can be Westbrook and have chance for it to work.

It's also a way for him to rehabilitate his image and possibly keep him in the NBA, because if he has repeat of last year, I don't see anyone wanting him.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it's the only way that Westbrook can be Westbrook and have chance for it to work.

It's also a way for him to rehabilitate his image and possibly keep him in the NBA, because if he has repeat of last year, I don't see anyone wanting him.
No way Westbrook agrees to come off the bench, especially if Beverley is starting.

I agree about rehabilitating his career, but he has that Iverson mindset. Dude still thinks he’s a #1