• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Voodoo Rangers are good but damn it......I'm not a kid anymore.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, Utah didn't get a 1st for Bog.

Yeah I just mean Phoenix tried to pull a lakers

Lee is very much a Danny type guy. Still very weird

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re playing this game it should be noted that Ben Simmons quit on Philly when he added nothing to his game and was content just being an All Star instead of the transformational player they needed him to be. Embiid is the same natural talent and the best big in the East. He could have coasted and kept receiving those accolades but the competitive instinct of an elite athlete kicked in and he was able to take his game to the next level.

Here’s a cheat code way of telling the difference between the two:
Embiid gravitated to Jimmy Butler and soaked up everything he had to teach like a sponge. Ben Simmons couldn’t handle being around his big personality in the locker room, pulled away socially from the team, sulked like a bitch, and then lobbied for the team to move on from Butler so Ben could stay comfortable and run the team as the regular season PG who would then leave the team playing 4 on 5 in the half court during the playoffs. Yep. Philly quit on Ben Simmons when Philly gave him a ton of runway to go and add to his game. Prior to that, Ben Simmons quit on Philly 2-3 years before Philly quit on him.

Ben Simmons issues are not in anyway shape or form on Philadelphia fans who in the midst of him shooting like 37% from the line in the playoffs was still cheering and giving him standing ovations of support through his struggles there.

We’re not doing the stale Blame Philly shit here. It’s just not applicable.

I disagree.

That is just Ben Simmons being Ben Simmons.

Philly knew who he was. They knew his work ethic. They knew his fit with Embiid was questionable at best.

And yet, they still refused to trade Simmons at peak value before the drama back when everyone wanted him AND all the talking heads questioned the fit making it very easy to justify to trade partners why they wanted to move him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

That is just Ben Simmons being Ben Simmons.

Philly knew who he was. They knew his work ethic. They knew his fit with Embiid was questionable at best.

And yet, they still refused to trade Simmons at peak value before the drama back when everyone wanted him AND all the talking heads questioned the fit making it very easy to justify to trade partners why they wanted to move him.
That’s out of the control of the people you seemed to be placing blame on. Maybe I was mistaken. I thought you were saying this was the work of Philly’s fans. Are you saying the poor decision making of the Sixers have culpability in Ben Simmons (claimed) mental health issues?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers literally asking to get multiple players for free…
Again, people are paraphrasing what Shams said, He clearly wrote that the Lakers were unwilling to include two UNPROTECTED picks, not two picks, or one unprotected and one protected, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt the public will know all the details. But if you can get fired in the regular world for work conduct like that no reason it shouldn't carry over to the NBA.

But a one year suspension, what the hell is that? He should be fired. Not suspended.
Yeah, but, he's got them winning, so....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, people are paraphrasing what Shams said, He clearly wrote that the Lakers were unwilling to include two UNPROTECTED picks, not two picks, or one unprotected and one protected, etc.
yeah, but some people have an agenda.........LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarver was also suspended for a year before the backlash......Udoka will end up resigning.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And those picks have little value with protections

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it?

Would you rather pay a guy 47 million to go away or a guy 12 million to be a rotation player?

Even if you count both of Olynyk's years, its half of what they'd have to pay Westbrook.

Not sure why anyone thinks that would be palatable to a owner.

Unless you are Ballmer.
The salaries in any Lakers/Utah trade are essentially a wash and only on the books this year. After that year, you still have at least one draft pick and $47M of vacated salary. Two years of paying Olynyk to take minutes from youngsters and no pick?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those picks have little value with protections

But the fact remains that we don't know that the Lakers won't offer two picks, just not two unprotected picks at this juncture.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salaries in any Lakers/Utah trade are essentially a wash and only on the books this year. After that year, you still have at least one draft pick and $47M of vacated salary. Two years of paying Olynyk to take minutes from youngsters and no pick?

What else did they want beyond bog for just one pick?

It takes 2-3 players to get to that laker salary

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wife wanted to wash her hair......exciting Friday night here.....I'm watching UVA vs The 'Cuse (CFB) and waited like 15 miinutes and tiptoed into her restroom (I have my own for purposes I shall not expand upon) and opened the curtain and tapped her on the shoulder......she damn near jumped out of her skin......forgot the question I was gonna ask her.....LOL.

Who did she think was gonna tap her on the shoulder......the boogeyman? LOL.

I may or may not be sleeping in the bedroom tonight.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Nia had froze him out of the bedroom and the guy was seriously thirsty.
No.

Check this out.

Every report that comes out makes him look like a bigger piece of shit.

Sources connected to the team and the couple tell TMZ ... Nia had moved to Boston with Kez, her 10-year-old son with Ime, just 2 weeks ago, and the couple was house hunting.

The sad twist for Nia is that when she moved, Ime was already fully aware his affair with a married front office staffer was about to blow up. We're told Ime knew way back in July the team was aware of the affair, and was launching an investigation.

Meanwhile, we're told Nia only found out about it in the last few days ... and only because Ime knew it was about to go public.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but some people have an agenda.........LOL.

The agenda is those picks have little value with protections due to the risk of getting nothing

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stakesarehigh

Phoenix is on crack ..lol

This is exactly why Detroit got it done.

Lakersnation podcast suggested the Lakers may not have offered a single pick.

Dude said the rumor is they wanted to simply swap salaries...

:pound::pound::pound:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Check this out.

Every report that comes out makes him look like a bigger piece of shit.

Sources connected to the team and the couple tell TMZ ... Nia had moved to Boston with Kez, her 10-year-old son with Ime, just 2 weeks ago, and the couple was house hunting.

The sad twist for Nia is that when she moved, Ime was already fully aware his affair with a married front office staffer was about to blow up. We're told Ime knew way back in July the team was aware of the affair, and was launching an investigation.

Meanwhile, we're told Nia only found out about it in the last few days ... and only because Ime knew it was about to go public.
I'm just going to call you TMZ from now on......you got all the juicy details