• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that is just it

Halliburton in round 2?

I get maybe wanted a more established safer player there.

But in the middle to late rounds?

You need to take guys with upside.

Drafting Klay or Lauri is how you finish 3rd.

If you draft a player like Porter Jr and he doesn’t pan out, you drop him and move on.

My dude

This is the way

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting PatBev and Schroder make sense if they do the Indy deal for Hield/Turner. That balances the roster out pretty well. But in all trades, the Lakers are turning them down because they don't want to give up both picks and they don't want to take on long term money (want cap space for 23). I don't understand the cap space thing at all considering there isn't really any free agent worth it (Kyrie ain't coming). I semi-understand the former about the picks, but only if they are unprotected. How fucking hard is it to throw a Top 3 protection on the 2029 pick and be done with it? Or a pick swap.

I’m not even sure the lakers understand cap space as the cap holds for open spots does them in from adding a max guy anyway. They’re likely to only be able to add 2 guys like they’d get from the jazz or just turner in fa anyway

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Schroeder signing makes little sense on a number of levels. We already have an overpaid very poor shooter playing guard and they bring in another one to do what exactly? The Lakers are thin at wing players so they bring-in a can't shoot guard. Makes perfect sense don't ya think??!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Schroeder signing makes little sense on a number of levels. We already have an overpaid very poor shooter playing guard and they bring in another one to do what exactly? The Lakers are thin at wing players so they bring-in a can't shoot guard. Makes perfect sense don't ya think??!
Gotta agree with you. This one was a head scratcher when I heard about it last night. Guess they think James can still play over 40 minutes a game...:tsk:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pelinka and the brain trust with the Lakers have lost their collective minds. Either that or James is quietly being the de facto GM again. Whatever they are doing doesn't make any sense. We will have to wait and see.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta agree with you. This one was a head scratcher when I heard about it last night. Guess they think James can still play over 40 minutes a game...:tsk:

I think Pelinka and the brain trust with the Lakers have lost their collective minds. Either that or James is quietly being the de facto GM again. Whatever they are doing doesn't make any sense. We will have to wait and see.

Unless they just have nunn playing the monk role and don’t trust bev to run the offense, I would agree. If those guys are playing more 2 than 1 I guess it can work?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes you shouldn’t bet on yourself and should just take the money…

Didn’t the lakers trade their 3rd best player AND a first round pick to add Schroeder to a title team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree it makes no sense from a fit perspective.

But, they were able to get a good player for next to nothing.

You sign the player, then figure out the fit later.

And if they do come around and make a Westbrook trade for a couple role players, they will be in a pretty good spot.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it makes no sense from a fit perspective.

But, they were able to get a good player for next to nothing.

You sign the player, then figure out the fit later.

And if they do come around and make a Westbrook trade for a couple role players, they will be in a pretty good spot.

It means they don’t need to get a pg back for Westbrook too

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go so far as to say they shouldn’t get a PG back

I mean getting Conley would make sense

But now they don’t need to get him for sure

They could get bog Beasley and Rudy gay and still have their precious cap space if they wanted