• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Sarver would sue the ever loving shit out of us for this and discovery would uncover way too much stuff about other owners that we don’t want others to see

I don't know about uncovering too much about other owners. Just because that's how Sarver behaves, doesn't mean other owners do.

But if they tried to take his team, he'd definitely sue the shit out of them and he'd likely win.

People seem to think that because the NBA was able to take the Clippers from Donald Sterling, that taking the franchise is now the punishment for saying racist/sexist shit.

The stuff with Donald Sterling went back decades, included racist dealings in his real estate business and they had recordings of him saying that shit.

Sarvers seems to be he said/she said over him using the n word when repeating something someone else said and apparently making sexist comments/unwelcome advances towards some women. Can't really take his team away for he said/she said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell told Woj and Windhorst he told Ainge he didn't want the team to trade Gobert. hmmmm

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA execs poll: Luka Doncic top player to build around; Evan Mobley, Anthony Edwards Top 5

Ranking the top players under 25 to build around

1. Luka
2. Tatum
3. Ja
4. Mobley
5. Edwards
6. Zion
7. Barnes
8. Ball
9a. Trae
9b. Garland
11. Cade
12. Green
13a. SGA
13b. Haliburton

Interested to know what everyones' list would look like....
Is Green Jalen Green? as of now think him, Haliburton and Zion (without seeing him healthy another full season) might be a little too high. Could see Cade ahead of maybe Garland or Trae because of his size.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't McCaw a decent to good defender?

No team thought he'd be a decent add to be like a 11-12th man?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have preferred McCaw to Tony Brown Jr.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 @Mamba @Retroram52 @shopson67 @Black Adam

Do you guys know who Keith Smith is?

He's the guy who does the cap stuff on spotrac.

He and the Lakers nation Dude, Trevor Lane , have this YouTube show called NBA front office.

They discussed some stuff today that makes me think @The Q is right.

Lakers need to do the Utah trade.

Because the cap went up, LeBron and Ad's number does as well.

So, even if you renounce everyone on the roster, get off Christie and your 1st round pick, you can't get to a max offer slot.

With the guys currently signed, the player options, the minimum contract cap holds, the 1st round pick...you will have 25 mil in cap space.

Ummmmm, no bueno.

You can't even make a small trade for just Bogdanovic or Held because you have no medium contracts.

So, why not trade Russ for all those smaller parts and use those guys to do other deals?

Kyrie is probably willing to take a pay cut.

But, 16 mil per?

I wouldn't punt the Season.

Video should start on the part about the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 @Mamba @Retroram52 @shopson67 @Black Adam

Do you guys know who Keith Smith is?

He's the guy who does the cap stuff on spotrac.

He and the Lakers nation Dude, Trevor Lane , have this YouTube show called NBA front office.

They discussed some stuff today that makes me think @The Q is right.

Lakers need to do the Utah trade.

Because the cap went up, LeBron and Ad's number does as well.

So, even if you renounce everyone on the roster, get off Christie and your 1st round pick, you can't get to a max offer slot.

With the guys currently signed, the player options, the minimum contract cap holds, the 1st round pick...you will have 25 mil in cap space.

Ummmmm, no bueno.

You can't even make a small trade for just Bogdanovic or Held because you have no medium contracts.

So, why not trade Russ for all those smaller parts and use those guys to do other deals?

Kyrie is probably willing to take a pay cut.

But, 16 mil per?

I wouldn't punt the Season.

Video should start on the part about the Lakers.

The Lakers are going to go to training in about a week with Westbrook as one of the members of the backcourt that will include Nunn. The reason the Lakers and Jazz will not do a deal anytime soon for Westbrook, is Ainge remains adamant that any deal the Lakers and Jazz may make must include those two Number one Draft picks in '25 and '27 despite what the media conjures and reports. That demand by Ainge killed any proposed deals going forward because the Lakers have now become adamant about NOT shipping those Number Ones out the door under any circumstances. An impasse has been reached and any proposed Lakers-Jazz deals going forward are essentially somebody's fantasy cause it happening anytime soon.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are going to go to training in about a week with Westbrook as one of the members of the backcourt that will include Nunn. The reason the Lakers and Jazz will not do a deal anytime soon for Westbrook, is Ainge remains adamant that any deal the Lakers and Jazz may make must include those two Number one Draft picks in '25 and '27 despite what the media conjures and reports. That demand by Ainge killed any proposed deals going forward because the Lakers have now become adamant about NOT shipping those Number Ones out the door under any circumstances. An impasse has been reached and any proposed Lakers-Jazz deals going forward are essentially somebody's fantasy cause it happening anytime soon.
You would think the inclusion of Conley and Clarkson would drop the price.

If Clarkson picks up his option, you are eating 28 mil MINIMUM in salary for next year.

I would say that's fucking unreasonable.

But, it's Danny Ainge.

I would still do it for both picks if I could recoup a 1st rounder by dealing Clarkson.

The Lakers biggest obstacle is that they only have Westbrook's oversized contract.

It's much easier to deal 45 mil if its broken up into three 15 mil dollar deals.

There are teams interested in Clarkson.

But, Conley you'd be stuck with.