• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFly? when Lebron left the first time we were left with a number of old players and bad contracts. Luckily, they had an owner willing to spend extra even when the team could not win and buy Baron Davis AND a pick that came with him....which became Kyrie. They are doing it again spending extra on guys like Knight to get extra picks. will they get another Kyrie? Doubt it, but the more picks the better chance to hit.

Nice story, but that doesn't make you saying this rebuild projection to be 2-3 years any less stupid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turned things around when they 1. drafted LeBron, and 2. When they won the rights to Wiggins with a 1.7% chance which enabled them to get Love and in turn James to come back.
Other than that, not so much turning, which also has nothing to do with the future.

For this conversation, YOU said "Nor would I, but I don't consider 2-3 years endless."
That clearly implies that you are suggesting that this rebuild will be 2-3 season.
Like I said this is year 2, so good luck with that plan.
That is all that matters.

Seems like the new norm in life is when someone is called out for saying/doing stupid shit, all they can do is counter with something that has nothing to do with what is being pointed out.
It could be 2-3 years, but OK we can make it 3-4 if you like. Also not endless. You are on year 6 as mentioned and are still not a contender. Has it been endless?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading in the right direction isn’t that hard.

Completing the rebuild with savvy moves to get you to the top is the hard part.

It is extremely difficult for teams to do that without signing difference making free agents.

Agree. But, they're not an FA destination, so they don't have a lot of options. At some point, they'll likely have to look at a trade or 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading in the right direction isn’t that hard.

Completing the rebuild with savvy moves to get you to the top is the hard part.

It is extremely difficult for teams to do that without signing difference making free agents.
No doubt about that. Gonna take some luck with the draft or a savvy trade or 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice story, but that doesn't make you saying this rebuild projection to be 2-3 years any less stupid.
You borrowed a Doc Brown Delorean and could know? No chance they can at least get to point where the Heat have been the last 6 or so seasons in 2-3 years? Then hopefully get lucky and take the next step?

The only real stupid comment mentioned here was you thinking bringing up the Browns did anything but make my point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i explained why but that lack of reading comp. always an issue for you.

You do get the Browns had to tank to get where they are today? as I often say, I can just sit back and allow you to make my point for me.

Browns were 3-13 (after a number of years of poor play) and finally decided to do what was needed for years.....a complete teardown. No more signing middling vets to win an extra few games to go 4-12 or 5-11 (or 6-7 wins if lucky), but never get the top pick in the draft.

They stripped the roster, cleared as much cap space as they could and added as many picks in rounds 1 and 2 that they could. Here's a flash......it worked.

Browns made one horrific move after another which lead to their whopping 44-132 record over the last 11 seasons or whatever it is.
That isn't tanking.
I'll be kind and not include the years when the franchise first returned because expansion teams should be terrible.

I like the Browns, but I'm not going to fluff off how poorly they were ran and call it tanking.

Looks like they've regrouped and made some good moves.
I hope it works out for them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Browns' fan surprised you didn't chime in when it was mentioned how good they might be now and how happy fans are (yeah...I get need to see it on the field).

The Browns did it by tanking and bottoming out to get Garrett then again so they could take the QB of their choice (along with all the cap space to trade for guys like Landry and OBJ). Fans like me knew the tank was needed or we were going to have more seasons of 4-5 wins (6-7 if lucky).

No reason for me to chime in. You'll never see me making any absurd predictions or overly pimping them up.

They haven't done a damn thing. And I think the hype's a bit over the top for a franchise that was in such dysfunction just a few years ago. Like I've said before I'll let their play on the field do the talking. Crazy thinking huh?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not? They weren't allowed to try and clear cap space to get him to come play for the Great Pat Riley again?

You (and wiggy) should really pump the breaks on the Pat Riley talk. Because his career NBA resume speaks for itself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for me to chime in. You'll never see me making any absurd predictions or overly pimping them up.

They haven't done a damn thing. And I think the hype's a bit over the top for a franchise that was in such dysfunction just a few years ago. Like I've said before I'll let their play on the field do the talking. Crazy thinking huh?
It;s fair, but he was the one who said the Browns are ready to win games. I can only think if he said it he believed it. And if they are, it was because their own tank worked.

Did it work? Seems so, but never disagreed with you I'd like to see something on the field.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You (and wiggy) should really pump the breaks on the Pat Riley talk. Because his career NBA resume speaks for itself.
My comment says as much. You'd think with that resume he could have maybe lured Lebron back. no?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be 2-3 years, but OK we can make it 3-4 if you like. Also not endless. You are on year 6 as mentioned and are still not a contender. Has it been endless?

To sum it up.
1. You or anyone else has no idea when Cavs will be good again.
2. I haven't been unhappy with any Heat season result since James left, as I had no real expectation. Only regret last season was Wade not getting one last attempt to win a playoff series, but if Herro is the consolation prize, then it's fine.
Further, I never said 2-3 years, 3-4 years or any other prediction. I will predict Heat gets back to ECF before Cavs though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% correct.
Huh? They dumped all their overpaid, aging vets. Even told Jimmy Haslam you might want to stay away from games a couple years because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

You think Dorsey takes this job if not for where it was left? 5 picks in top 35, $100+ in cap space and one of those picks the #1 pick in a QB heavy draft?

Isn't to say Dorsey is perfect as many fans seem to think. He's made some mistakes.....but he's also made some nice picks and used the cap room and extra picks wisely it seems.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sum it up.
1. You or anyone else has no idea when Cavs will be good again.
2. I haven't been unhappy with any Heat season result since James left, as I had no real expectation. Only regret last season was Wade not getting one last attempt to win a playoff series, but if Herro is the consolation prize, then it's fine.
Further, I never said 2-3 years, 3-4 years or any other prediction. I will predict Heat gets back to ECF before Cavs though.

Yup exactly. Heat made the playoffs 2x since James left including being 1 game away from a ECF date with James and his Cavs.

I think the only somewhat disappointing year was last year but can't control injuries.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It;s fair, but he was the one who said the Browns are ready to win games. I can only think if he said it he believed it. And if they are, it was because their own tank worked.

Did it work? Seems so, but never disagreed with you I'd like to see something on the field.

Actually I said :
Indians fans should be excited.
Browns fans enter season with, on paper, best team they’ve had forever.
Cavs fans spinning they like losing is nonsense. Its one thing to accept it, but its never a wanted choice IMO.

So, you are wrong as usual. On paper means just that, and exactly what @Wamu said.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment says as much. You'd think with that resume he could have maybe lured Lebron back. no?

1) How do you know the Heat wanted Lebron back?

2) How do you know Lebron wanted to come back to Miami?

3) Do you know incredibly heard it is to clear cap space when there are multiple years left on those "bad contract"

As I said a few minutes before, your post was very stupid