• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion probably wins.

But with those odds?

Garland or White might be he best bet.

Yeah gotta think about how much help each team has?

Zion at this point just has some role players but Ingram if healthy could lead the team in scoring, maybe Holiday.
Garland could be the 2nd or 3rd option but if Love goes down...that bet is looking good.

If NYK strikes out with FA’s..Barrett could walk away with it.

Odds wise I would take...I’d go White or Garland...probably take RJ too

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah gotta think about how much help each team has?

Zion at this point just has some role players but Ingram if healthy could lead the team in scoring, maybe Holiday.
Garland could be the 2nd or 3rd option but if Love goes down...that bet is looking good.

If NYK strikes out with FA’s..Barrett could walk away with it.

Odds wise I would take...I’d go White or Garland...probably take RJ too

Yeah.

RJ is a good bet too.

Thing with Zion though, his numbers don't even have to be all that great. He will get a lot of hype from the highlights he produces.

If his numbers are anywhere close to his main competitors he will win it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

RJ is a good bet too.

Thing with Zion though, his numbers don't even have to be all that great. He will get a lot of hype from the highlights he produces.

If his numbers are anywhere close to his main competitors he will win it.
And gotta think the networks will love to get them some Zion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers Notes: Garland, Love

Darius Garland won over Cavaliers management with an impressive shooting performance in a workout last week, relays Joe Vardon of The Athletic. The Cavs sent a sizable contingent to Los Angeles to watch Garland in his first pre-draft session. He didn’t disappoint, sinking shots from all over the court and reportedly going five or six minutes without missing.

“We saw him take 30-footers and flick them like it was nothing,” general manager Koby Altmansaid.

The Cavaliers had been hoping to draft De’Andre Hunter, but didn’t have the resources to trade up to No. 4. They also liked Jarrett Culver, but Garland changed their minds with his shooting display. Vardon reports that new coach John Beilein was seen cheering on the Vanderbilt guard as he hit one shot after another.

“It was like, ‘OK, how could this work out?’” Altman said. “We started to get fascinated with the idea.”

There’s more Cavaliers news to pass along:
  • Cleveland is talking to teams interested in Kevin Love, but hasn’t made any progress toward a trade, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said during an appearance this week on WKNR in Cleveland (hat tip to Joseph Zucker of Bleacher Report). “It’s hard to find the right deal for him,” said Windhorst, who put the odds of a trade at 50-50. He noted it would be easy to find a taker for Love if the Cavs just wanted to unload the four years and $120MM left on his contract, but because he’s one of their few tradable assets they want to get something of value in return.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darius Garland won over Cavaliers management with an impressive shooting performance in a workout last week, relays Joe Vardon of The Athletic. The Cavs sent a sizable contingent to Los Angeles to watch Garland in his first pre-draft session. He didn’t disappoint, sinking shots from all over the court and reportedly going five or six minutes without missing.

“We saw him take 30-footers and flick them like it was nothing,” general manager Koby Altmansaid.

The Cavaliers had been hoping to draft De’Andre Hunter, but didn’t have the resources to trade up to No. 4. They also liked Jarrett Culver, but Garland changed their minds with his shooting display. Vardon reports that new coach John Beilein was seen cheering on the Vanderbilt guard as he hit one shot after another.

“It was like, ‘OK, how could this work out?’” Altman said. “We started to get fascinated with the idea.”

• Cleveland is talking to teams interested in Kevin Love, but hasn’t made any progress toward a trade, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said during an appearance this week on WKNR in Cleveland (hat tip to Joseph Zucker of Bleacher Report). “It’s hard to find the right deal for him,” said Windhorst, who put the odds of a trade at 50-50. He noted it would be easy to find a taker for Love if the Cavs just wanted to unload the four years and $120MM left on his contract, but because he’s one of their few tradable assets they want to get something of value in return.

Of course it is difficult to trade Love and get something back.

Like we all told Wiggy, that extension crushed his trade value. Cavs get a Tobias Harris like return last year if Love is on an expiring contract.

Keeping him is fine. His contract isn't terrible. But teams also aren't going to line up for a 4 year commitment to a highly skilled, but slow footed, injury prone big.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we at least agree every one of us could have come up with this "report" on Love?

There are interested teams and he might be moved and might not?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is difficult to trade Love and get something back.

Like we all told Wiggy, that extension crushed his trade value. Cavs get a Tobias Harris like return last year if Love is on an expiring contract.

Keeping him is fine. His contract isn't terrible. But teams also aren't going to line up for a 4 year commitment to a highly skilled, but slow footed, injury prone big.
OK, but as I keep telling you he had even less value when teams knew he could walk. You've heard of the AD guy, right? How many teams you think made can't refuse offers for him with a belief he would not stay?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but as I keep telling you he had even less value when teams knew he could walk. You've heard of the AD guy, right? How many teams you think made can't refuse offers for him with a belief he would not stay?

Huge difference between AD and Love. Especially now. You really need to stop making that comparison.

AD is a tier 1 superstar. Every single team in the NBA would want AD on a full supermax deal if they could get him.

Do you think Tobias Harris is a better player than Love?

I don't.

If Love's value really was what you claim, teams would be lining up to throw assets at the Cavs to land him on a deal far less than max.

But they don't because the extension hurt his value.

He could probably get more than his current contract if he was a free agent. Many teams would take Love today in a dump type deal.

As has been reported though, teams are not jumping at the opportunity to move assets for him.

Again, if Love had been been expiring last season Cavs would have surely returned as much or more than LA got for Harris. I don't think they could get that today.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line @dtgold88

Is that most teams would prefer cap flexibility over a tier 3 star on a long term contract.

Because that flexibility affords the opportunity to land someone better. And there are only a very small number of teams that Love could put over the top to make them a contender.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between AD and Love. Especially now. You really need to stop making that comparison.

AD is a tier 1 superstar. Every single team in the NBA would want AD on a full supermax deal if they could get him.

Do you think Tobias Harris is a better player than Love?

I don't.

If Love's value really was what you claim, teams would be lining up to throw assets at the Cavs to land him on a deal far less than max.

But they don't because the extension hurt his value.

He could probably get more than his current contract if he was a free agent. Many teams would take Love today in a dump type deal.

As has been reported though, teams are not jumping at the opportunity to move assets for him.

Again, if Love had been been expiring last season Cavs would have surely returned as much or more than LA got for Harris. I don't think they could get that today.
That's the point of my comparison. AD is much better than Love and with no assurance he'd stay teams were reluctant to make a decent offer. You think they'd make a decent offer for a lesser player who could walk?

How has it been "proven?" You are privy to all trade discussions? Teams let you know about offers made even when not accepted? Why are you holding back on us if that's true?

You get it's possible the Cavs like him and want him around, right? An awful team was 7-9 when Love came back and played 15 minutes+. Probably helps open the floor for Sexton and now Garland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line @dtgold88

Is that most teams would prefer cap flexibility over a tier 3 star on a long term contract.

Because that flexibility affords the opportunity to land someone better. And there are only a very small number of teams that Love could put over the top to make them a contender.
And maybe one of those small number of teams comes calling when they don't get the opportunity to overpay a guy who might not even be better than Love?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point of my comparison. AD is much better than Love and with no assurance he'd stay teams were reluctant to make a decent offer. You think they'd make a decent offer for a lesser player who could walk?

How has it been "proven?" You are privy to all trade discussions? Teams let you know about offers made even when not accepted? Why are you holding back on us if that's true?

You get it's possible the Cavs like him and want him around, right? An awful team was 7-9 when Love came back and played 15 minutes+. Probably helps open the floor for Sexton and now Garland.

Yes.

Because it happens every year when players like Harris and Butler get dealt midseason on expiring deals.

I think Love is better than Harris and not as good as Butler.

Expected return would be somewhere in between what Philly had to give for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe one of those small number of teams comes calling when they don't get the opportunity to overpay a guy who might not even be better than Love?

I agree he will have a market.

Just don't think you will get as much for him as you would have last year without the extension.

The Lakers, for example should want to deal for him at the deadline if they can match salary and fail to get a 3rd star.

But I would guess that deal would look something like:

2 lesser players to salary match and a future pick

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I did say in my original post on this topic that he isn't a terrible contract and it is possible the Cavs want to keep him around.

Trade value only matters if he is in fact traded. It does not hurt Cleveland to keep him around at this point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Because it happens every year when players like Harris and Butler get dealt midseason on expiring deals.

I think Love is better than Harris and not as good as Butler.

Expected return would be somewhere in between what Philly had to give for them.
which might be why the Cavs have held onto him. Even on expiring deals I wouldn't want what either teams received for Butler/Harris for Love so not sure his extension mattered.

Would not surprise me one bit to learn LA made calls for him when they failed to nab a big FA last offseason....nor if they would have this year if they didn't get AD. Clearly, he can play with Lebron.

Would Love want to go to LA and do it again? That's another story. My guess is no given the choice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he will have a market.

Just don't think you will get as much for him as you would have last year without the extension.

The Lakers, for example should want to deal for him at the deadline if they can match salary and fail to get a 3rd star.

But I would guess that deal would look something like:

2 lesser players to salary match and a future pick
And I suspect if they never made the AD deal it would include players/picks they still had from that deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I suspect if they never made the AD deal it would include players/picks they still had from that deal.

Lakers are a mess, so who knows what they would have done.

But to me, landing AD is what makes a Love trade attractive to the Lakers now.

Before landing another superstar it would have been a mistake to deal for Love because they didn't have enough to contend.

Now Love could be what they need.

Although I would rather see them get a guard.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are a mess, so who knows what they would have done.

But to me, landing AD is what makes a Love trade attractive to the Lakers now.

Before landing another superstar it would have been a mistake to deal for Love because they didn't have enough to contend.

Now Love could be what they need.

Although I would rather see them get a guard.
Maybe, but now they don't really have anything the Cavs would want....would need to get a 3rd team involved (to match salary as well).