• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think both teams didn't get nearly as much upside as they could've out of premium picks.

I can understand going safe when your other pick is Reddish, who has just massive bust potential, but to move up for it and take it 4th...idk. It's tough to swallow top 10 picks for guys whose upside are role players.
Hunter is gonna be the Hawk's Draymond Green.

That's worth it, for them... the fit is ideal for what the Hawks needed.

Who was the home run pick they should have taken otherwise?... certainly not Garland, they already got that role filled.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Thunder would take Kevin Porter. Anyone know anything about Bazely?

He was supposed to come to Syracuse (godammit, lol) and was a top 10 recruit. Very athletic (if slim) forward, but still pretty raw (of course). Good slasher, shooter, and rebounder. Solid length gives him defensive upside. Could need some time in the D league first.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaways overall:

Winners:

-Pelicans- added Hayes and Nickeil Alexander to Zion and a bunch of future picks
-Hawks- Hunter, Reddish and Fernando is a really nice trio. They seem to have a very clear plan for the kind of team they are building
-Cavaliers- Not sure about Garland's fit with Sexton, but they hit it out of the park with draft value in all 3 picks
-Minnesota- I like turning Saric +11 into Culver
-Portland- Nassir Little is a great value at a position of need

Losers:

-Phoenix- love the Ty Jerome pick. But sorry. Could have had White or Culver at 6 and instead traded down for Saric and a player who probably would have been there at 24 and might have been available at 32 with a pick they sold for cash.

No other obvious losers for me at this time.
Pels also could have had Culver (or Hunter). Wouldn't call them a loser by any stretch as how could you with Zion? Hayes seems like a good kid, but a little undersized for a center if that's where he'll play. Most of those picks will be in the 20s so depends how they use them.

Agree on hawks completely. So wish Garland was 6-5 but he's not so we'll see if they can make it work.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saric can regain his Philly form, I love what the Suns did.

PG: Jerome
SG: Booker
SF: Johnson
PF: Saric
C: Ayton

They needed to build around Booker and Ayton will more sensible pieces and I think they did that. I will admit I'm higher on Johnson than most probably are(I had him top 15) so I don't think it's a reach getting him at 11.

I don't think Jerome will start. They have to be looking for PG in free agency.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers 2nd round pick Talen Horton-Tucker is interesting. To me, he looks like a very raw Iguodala. Get him trimmed down and coached up, could be a solid rotational guard. He has the arm length and strength to be a solid defender, but has to get in better shape and work on that jumper a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier or russell

I would vote Rozier of those two, more of a typical PG. Does he defend? Russell doesn't much, which would be a problem next to Booker. They could go vet and get Rubio.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am high on the potential of the Atlanta Hawks... like @tlance said, it appears there is a vision there... building off of the GS template... and that vision is really starting to take shape.

Hunter is exactly what they needed... they're gonna be able to shoot from all over the place, and now maybe play some defense too.

Really love what they are doing. They have tackling all aspects. They have shooters, pure scorers, now possibly a great lockdown defender. Collins and Len is a nice frontcourt duo. Love the strategy and the way this team is built, now they just have to win lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter is gonna be the Hawk's Draymond Green.

That's worth it, for them... the fit is ideal for what the Hawks needed.

Who was the home run pick they should have taken otherwise?... certainly not Garland, they already got that role filled.

Yep at worst he is going to be a Draymond type of player but he shot the 3 at high level in college if he has a jumpshot too his ceiling could be higher than the scouts are saying. Not surprised he went at 4 considering he was the most NBA ready non-top 3 pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels also could have had Culver (or Hunter). Wouldn't call them a loser by any stretch as how could you with Zion? Hayes seems like a good kid, but a little undersized for a center if that's where he'll play. Most of those picks will be in the 20s so depends how they use them.

Agree on hawks completely. So wish Garland was 6-5 but he's not so we'll see if they can make it work.

I was not a fan of the Pelicans trading down initially.

But think about what they got:

Hayes + Nickiel Alexander + pick + Getting off Solomon Hill's contract.

That is a haul

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a haul

Gotta say I called that trade down with Atlanta as part of the AD trade about a week ago (pats self on the back, injures shoulder). I didn't have all the later and future picks exact, but decently close. Still hoping to see Atlanta take some salary from the Lakers in a re-worked trade (or a 4th team added, or that Nets/Hawks deal added in to make it a 4 team deal)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the draft is over. It will take about 3 years to see how these players make out. Unfortunately, half these dudes will be outta the league.
Guessing if you go to twitter they are graded as follows

heard of the player - good pick
don't know who he is - bad pick

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Ivy League player got selected at #58.....wow.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't the Heat just keep Bol Bol and roll the dice?

Eh, I'm not expecting much from Bol Bol too be quite honest. I think injuries will do him in. Looking at how slim and tall he is, his body might not hold up in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a haul
Cannot say I saw Nickiel-Alex. play much and only read a few things. Most projections I saw had him in 20s (couple in the teens) which is pretty much a guessing game. Might it work out? sure, but most in that area don't.

If Hunter is as good as many are saying maybe just stand pat and take him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'm not expecting much from Bol Bol too be quite honest. I think injuries will do him in. Looking at how slim and tall he is, his body might not hold up in the NBA.

Possibly, but I still don’t understand not finding out, or drafting someone else.
What cash consideration could the Heat have gotten?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but I still don’t understand not finding out, or drafting someone else.
What cash consideration could the Heat have gotten?

We traded up to get Indiana's pick and got KZ Okpala. For a 2nd round pick, I like him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded up to get Indiana's pick and got KZ Okpala. For a 2nd round pick, I like him.

We did.
But that had nothing to do with deciding not to keep #44 pick, correct?