• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in, the Flyers are pretty good and AV is a Dam n good coach. These are the same players we all criticized the past few years for being lazy and overpaid. Look at these guys now with the right coach and system.

Agree
Nice win tonight,and the Jackets and Canes lose

The brewskies will go down nice after work

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great performance.

Hart was fantastic

Lets get greedy and get the other 2 pts Sunday

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pens will hit a skid sooner rather than later. I hope it starts now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in, the Flyers are pretty good and AV is a Dam n good coach. These are the same players we all criticized the past few years for being lazy and overpaid. Look at these guys now with the right coach and system.
Amazing what happens when there is accountability and the coach doesn't care about your contract. That was a great over all team win. Gee was a boss tonight and this team is rolling 3 lines that are fucking a nightmare to handle.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow all 3 teams that we needed to lose lost

What a great Friday night

2nd in the Metro boys 3 back of 1st

7 up on the closest non wild card team

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was checking out NHL Network and this guy was showing the Av's were the best transition team off the rush at both ends, they are a +160 in scoring chances, the Knights are second with a +116. That's a crazy margin. They are also number one in goals off the rush this season with a +31, next closest team is the Isles at a +13. Let's just say getting into an open ice affair is not a wise decision against them lol.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree
Nice win tonight,and the Jackets and Canes lose

The brewskies will go down nice after work

I think LAS is buying !

And maybe going out West with time changes affects elite athletes after all --- Pansy-guins getting roughed up out there Crosby has zero points in 120 minutes.

I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful Power Play as Giroux's second goal.... all the Rags on ice for that one are in neck braces this morning with whiplash symptoms.... Let's bring the exact same game to MSG tomorrow !

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux could've easily scored 3 or 4 goals last night. He rang iron twice, one of which went down and in, then had another labeled top shelf that hit the shaft of Georgiev's stick. And so, he settled for 2 goals on 5 shots and won 13 of his 16 faceoffs in a completely dominant effort.

I was a little worried early on in the 2nd period while they were coming at us and it was still tied, but midway through that frame, we took this game over and never looked back.

Great team defense and effort top to bottom. I don't think Carter Hart got challenged often, but he did make several big saves when called upon. Grant looked much better than he did in his first game with us.

Also, because of the healthy lead we were able to grab, we rolled four lines and nobody played excessive minutes in this one.

As I alluded to before, this big win combined with losses by Carolina, Columbus and Pittsburgh should leave us looking at going for the division title instead of gazing in the rear view mirror.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date, I think we've proven we have the best record against the East and the Metro, the best home record in the Nhl and also we're the best 3rd period team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might I also remind people that we finished last season with 82 points. We're at 81 now with still 18 games to play...Lol The improvement throughout the season has been remarkable and our depth all over the ice is at a level that I'm not sure I've seen in at least the last 20 years.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Leighton today as my first goal. I really hope we keep the winning streak going. Besides is done, but I think the Rags will rally behind him. They desperately need to win to have any chance for a wildcard. My gut tells me they win this in OT. I hope I'm wrong. Let's win this friggen game boys.:suds:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Leighton today as my first goal. I really hope we keep the winning streak going. Besides is done, but I think the Rags will rally behind him. They desperately need to win to have any chance for a wildcard. My gut tells me they win this in OT. I hope I'm wrong. Let's win this friggen game boys.:suds:
I agree with you but I'm not sure who Besides is but fuck him to if he plays for the Rags. I think right now the confidence level of this team is on all high cylinders. It's their game to lose IMO. If we keep rolling 3 solid lines and a fourth relief line we'll be hard to beat.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our rivals are literally dropping like flies as we've run through opponents like a hot knife through butter for the better part of the last two months.

We're in the middle of a 14-4-1 stretch and have won 5 straight.

The Pens have lost 6 straight and been outscored 24-8 (not a typo) in those games.

The Caps have lost 7 of their last 10 and won only 4 games in February, compared to our 10.

The Isles have lost 7 of 9 and scored only 15 goals during that stretch (8 of those against Detroit/San Jose). It's almost like they've been cursed since they beat us on the 11th...Lol

While taking many games to OT, the Blue Jackets have managed to somehow lose 10 of 11. They are still technically in the race, but have played two more games than everyone else.

The Canes have lost 5 of their last 7 and can't keep the puck out of their net, probably due to critical injuries.

The amount of losing on this list as of late is mind-blowing.

The Rangers had won 9 straight road games before running into the buzzsaw that is us on home ice.

Now we have the challenge of beating them on the road.

At the end of the day though, who on this list do we really fear going forward?

Nobody.

Last edited:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldn't figure out how the Islanders were playing at the level they were when they were blowin and goin.... guess reality set in. Columbus and Canes have a lot of key injuries.

Walking on air over the PENS collapse

The key observation above is the the FLyers are playing with a huge amount of confidence in themselves and the system they're playing. That is sustainable..... now just go win.