• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Stat of the Day - the Flyers currently have the lowest average road attendance in the league. Nashville #1 by a lot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For better or worse neither acquisition was noticible last night. I would rather play Farabee as he can provide some offense to.
I personally think the size of the new players will help us more in the playoffs than Farabee would as a 3rd/4th liner. You have to remember he is only 19 and not many 19 year olds come up and stick with the club. He is so small that he is built as a top 6 player and we just dont have the room for him on our top 6 this season.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the size of the new players will help us more in the playoffs than Farabee would as a 3rd/4th liner. You have to remember he is only 19 and not many 19 year olds come up and stick with the club. He is so small that he is built as a top 6 player and we just dont have the room for him on our top 6 this season.
ALL OF THIS. Those acquisitions weren't made for the scoresheet. They were made to keep others off the score sheet for all intents and purposes. Ideally, if you don't here Grant or Thompson, unless killing penalties, then they are doing exactly what they were brought in to do.

I also agree that 19 y/o old Farabee would be extremely limited towards the end of the season and playoffs. He is not accustomed to a season this long and getting banged around by professionals for a full season.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me if someone already posted this:

The Flyers have held strong when protecting a third-period lead

I have ALWAYS gone crazy with "prevent" defenses.... they prevent WINS...and some stat geeks have proven it...at least for hockey

With that said, recent work done by Micah Blake McCurdy of HockeyViz has suggested that score effects are driven more by the leading team sitting back than they are the trailing team pushing forward. In other words, when a team that’s trailing late in the game ends up mounting a big push late, it typically has more to do with the leading team doing less than it does the trailing team doing more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me if someone already posted this:

The Flyers have held strong when protecting a third-period lead

I have ALWAYS gone crazy with "prevent" defenses.... they prevent WINS...and some stat geeks have proven it...at least for hockey

With that said, recent work done by Micah Blake McCurdy of HockeyViz has suggested that score effects are driven more by the leading team sitting back than they are the trailing team pushing forward. In other words, when a team that’s trailing late in the game ends up mounting a big push late, it typically has more to do with the leading team doing less than it does the trailing team doing more.
This AV coached team is in such good shape because of the high intensity practices that we get better the deeper the game goes. Our third period is matched by none in the NHL this season

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it rolling.
Rangers will be a test. Tough schedule even after that

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins crashing down to earth maybe ? Didn't expect the lowly Kings to beat them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL OF THIS. Those acquisitions weren't made for the scoresheet. They were made to keep others off the score sheet for all intents and purposes. Ideally, if you don't here Grant or Thompson, unless killing penalties, then they are doing exactly what they were brought in to do.

I also agree that 19 y/o old Farabee would be extremely limited towards the end of the season and playoffs. He is not accustomed to a season this long and getting banged around by professionals for a full season.

I agree big time with this. I think the college season is like 30-40 games and that was probably the most he had played in a year. Not to mention the difference in the strength of NHL-ers. I like the move to send Farabee down and let him play against a little weaker competition. I like him a lot and he'll bring a lot to the team moving forward, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was a little out of gas, or at least AV/Fletch were concerned about that happening come playoff time.

1 point back of Pens.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way you or anyone else can say Farabee hasn't earned his playing time this season. And now we're worried about overplaying him lol. The thing I like about Farabee in the line up is it gives us the potential to have a 1a and 1 b lines, then your 3rd line is almost a 2 a line and that's where we can beat a lot of teams. Not saying the new guys won't be good for resting a couple of guys but I'm sorry tjust don't want them starting taking up valuable spots come playoff time. The bigger problem is 8 out of 9 forwards on this team have outplayed the Anchor this season so what do you do with him?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way you or anyone else can say Farabee hasn't earned his playing time this season. And now we're worried about overplaying him lol. The thing I like about Farabee in the line up is it gives us the potential to have a 1a and 1 b lines, then your 3rd line is almost a 2 a line and that's where we can beat a lot of teams. Not saying the new guys won't be good for resting a couple of guys but I'm sorry tjust don't want them starting taking up valuable spots come playoff time. The bigger problem is 8 out of 9 forwards on this team have outplayed the Anchor this season so what do you do with him?

Farabee burning out is a legit concern. It happens a lot with guys that go the NCAA route. The most games he's played in a year was 62, back in 2017-18 with the USNTDP. Against kids. When he was very much a kid. He played 37 games against college kids last year. This year he's played 49 games against men. He may not be burned out now, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is later in the year. I like having the additions. He'll probably come back up for the playoffs and if the matchup calls for it, I'm sure Fletch/AV will get him in the lineup. The 2nd line looked pretty damn good with Laughton in his place wouldn't you say?

The "Anchor" has 1 more point than Hayes and is +3 to Hayes' -8. Obviously Hayes brings other things to the table, but calling JvR an anchor while showering Hayes with praise really is ridiculous. You guys don't like him, we get it. He's still contributing to this team in a positive and meaningful way.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Package Teapot and Ghost and send them to NJ --- they'll do it. Take pics in return. Shed a bunch of cap space so we can sign our RFA's

And to channel JBM's wit >>>> Hope the Isles feel the Blues tonight

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farabee burning out is a legit concern. It happens a lot with guys that go the NCAA route. The most games he's played in a year was 62, back in 2017-18 with the USNTDP. Against kids. When he was very much a kid. He played 37 games against college kids last year. This year he's played 49 games against men. He may not be burned out now, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is later in the year. I like having the additions. He'll probably come back up for the playoffs and if the matchup calls for it, I'm sure Fletch/AV will get him in the lineup. The 2nd line looked pretty damn good with Laughton in his place wouldn't you say?

The "Anchor" has 1 more point than Hayes and is +3 to Hayes' -8. Obviously Hayes brings other things to the table, but calling JvR an anchor while showering Hayes with praise really is ridiculous. You guys don't like him, we get it. He's still contributing to this team in a positive and meaningful way.
I don't mind Laughton moving up either, just saying at the end of the day I'd personally prefer Farabee, just me. Also Hayes comparison to the Anchor is not a good comparison by any measure, Hayes plays all situations, Anchor only plays one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Laughton moving up either, just saying at the end of the day I'd personally prefer Farabee, just me. Also Hayes comparison to the Anchor is not a good comparison by any measure, Hayes plays all situations, Anchor only plays one.

I'm not saying I'd take JvR over Hayes, not by a long shot. But it's completely unfair to treat Hayes like a God and JvR like he's dog shit you just stepped in; when JvR's numbers are actually better than Hayes. Yes Hayes does more. Yes JvR is 1 dimensional. But it's ridiculous to treat them like they're at opposite ends of the spectrum.