• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Recruiting Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“South Carolina,” he told Volquest. “They’re on top.” But can Tennessee change that here soon? The explosive receiver has never visited Knoxville, but the Vols made his final group because of his attraction to the school and his budding relationship with coach Butch Jones and Kevin Beard. Harris will be in town for the first time next weekend, attending the Orange & White Game.

“They’re one of my favorites. I really have a good bond with coach Butch Jones,” Harris said. “We stay in contact everyday. When I take my visit, it’s going to help me decide on a lot. It will help me narrow some of my decisions down and see where I really stand with them. If I really like it or not. I’m pretty sure I will like it, but I just want to see.”

A dynamic athlete for Baldwin, Harris was a Swiss Army-Knife as a junior, returning kicks and punts and also starring as a receiver and instinctive defensive back. The 3-star prospect wants to play wideout in college, and at 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, Harris fits the mold of what Beard is hoping to pair with guys like Alontae Taylor and Camron Johnson in Tennessee’s 2018 class.

“We’ve been texting. I’ve talked to him a couple times on the phone actually. We text a lot,” Harris said about Beard. “He likes (my game). I got great speed. I can stretch the field. I have great hands. Size. I’m very athletic with it all.”

"I really don’t know too much, I’m hoping to learn more though,” Harris said. “I like the vibe I’ve gotten with them. I talk with coach Butch Jones everyday. Like he text me every day. Sends me a quote every morning then different stuff (later). It’s good.”
-VQ
Jatavious Harris, Baldwin, Wide Receiver