• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Recruiting Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4-star Sunshine State native once named Tennessee his leader, and coming off another recent trip to Knoxville, Corbin still holds the Vols in very high regard. “The visit was amazing,” Corbin told Volquest after making his third trip to Rocky Top within the last year. “I really loved it up at Tennessee. When we first got there, I was greeted by eight or nine people. They really went all out on this trip. I really loved it up there.”

“As soon as I arrived, we went into the interview room and it was just good,” Corbin said, as he wants to major in broadcasting. “It’s something that I want to do after football, and it’s a good place to know that I have an opportunity to fulfill one of my other dreams to be a broadcaster, and it’s good to know that’s something that they can provide me.”

"I love going up there just visiting. I have a great relationship with all the staff up there,” he said. “It’s just a place that when I first went up there I just loved it. Tennessee has always been one of my favorite schools. Me and coach G have a really great relationship. We’re really close. I feel comfortable just being myself around him, same with coach (Butch) Jones.”

Corbin racked up more than 1,900 all-purpose yards for the Tigers last season, leading the team in rushing (1,100 yards), receiving (619 yards) and return yardage. He scored 19 total touchdowns as an all-around offensive weapon, so Tennessee is selling him on filling a similar-type role — ala Kamara — with the Vols.

“They want to use me the exact same was as they use Alvin Kamara, but more,” he said. “My skill-set is very similar to his, catching, returning punts and running the ball. Doing many things to help the offense be successful.” During his chat with Kamara, Corbin said he received some sage advice, specifically to “follow his heart.” “Alvin told me to do whatever is best,” Corbin said. "He just gave me a heads up what’s going to happen if I was to come here. Just giving me advice about the entire process.”
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's going pretty smooth," McNeil said. "I've gotten more and more offers. I got Kentucky and then Tennessee a few days before Kentucky. The Tennessee offer was huge. I grew up a fan of them and I'll be visiting them this summer."

So where did McNeil's love for Rocky Top come from? It's rather simple and the current staff has done a nice job of keeping that fresh on his mind as of late. "It started because I liked the colors," McNeil said. "I didn't know many of the players, but I started following them more and more. I learned who Joshua Dobbs was, but I just liked the team. I talk to coach Hoke and he's a really cool guy. I've spoke to Butch Jones as well."

"I attack and play fast and physical," McNeil said. "I think I bring a lot of intensity to the table. I think practice and preparation is very important. Getting to know your opponent and counter options you can use as far as technique and being able to work on my moves and watching what the other team does."

It's way to early to talk leaders for McNeil as just the thought puts him straight into "whoa" mode. With that said, he is looking forward to trimming his list in the near future.

"Nobody is standing out," McNeil said. "I'll probably be narrowing things down in the next month or two. I'll start with 10-12 schools and then go from there. I'm looking for academics first, but then I'm also looking for the relationships I have with the coaches and a school I feel like I can thrive."
Rivals.com

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The recruiting coach called me and told me the d-line coach loved my film. He said I was a great player and wanted me to come to Tennessee, so they offered,” Charlton told Volquest. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Miami native holds early offers from Nebraska, Baylor, Mississippi State and Illinois, among others, and while he’s favored the Cornhuskers ever since receiving his first offer, a scholarship from a SEC program was eye-opening.

Charlton remains good friends with Johnson, and said he immediately called Tennessee’s freshman defensive lineman upon learning about the offer. “We’re real close friends. The d-line, we made it a family. We have our own group chat and we still text each other to this day. I’ve talked with DJ about (the offer). He said Tennessee is a very good college,” Charlton explained.

“They’re up front and they tell the truth about everything. He told me the chemistry is just like ours at Southridge. The school is perfect for him, and everybody say that me and DreDay are practically the same person, so I feel like I could fit in too. It was good advice.”

Charlton was a menace off the edge for Southridge en route to a state title in 2016, recording 15 sacks and a bunch of tipped passes as a playmaker up front. His favorite player is Vic Beasley, and he showcased his explosive first step at the Miami Under Armour camp in March.

Since earning the UT offer, he’s begun to make contact with new Tennessee defensive line coach Brady Hoke. He can’t wait to visit Knoxville sometime this summer and said the Vols are already firmly in his top group. “I’ve talked with the defensive line coach. We’ve been texting. He said he was excited to offer,” Charlton said. "Right now, I’m starting to narrow done my schools, so in the summer I can start taking trips. Tennessee definitely already made the list. They already up there.”
Randy Charlton, Miami Southridge, Strong-Side Defensive End