• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,341.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wondering if they start losing will he then welcome those bright lights & distractions.

As unlikely as it is.....it'd be hilarious if they went 41-41 or 42-40 and missed the playoffs.

#TheWCisstacked

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And get hurt again when?

I love him as a player but wouldn't want him on the Lakers.
Am thinking with LBJ a Laker you won't have to worry about Kyrie comin through. lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to suspect that LAD is one of KD's many alts :hmm:
And this post addressing the board rather than quoting me is akin to CJ calling KD soft on twitter rather than when he was there in his face. :heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to be a threat to the point that they can't be left open other than Kuzma

Ingram shot 39% from 3 last year. Lebron can shoot from the outside. Hart showed that he can hit the 3. KCP can hit it, but he's streaky. Rondo has hit 33% or better for the past 4 years and Lonzo (30% last year) should hopefully improve.

If Rondo hits at the pace he has for the past 4 years and Lonzo can get to 33-35% and teams want to leave them alone, that's on them.

The Lakers aren't going to be getting into a 3 point shooting contest with the Warriors (that would be stupid) and they aren't going to be using the 3 as a primary weapon.

But they do have guys that can hit it, a couple that should hopefully be better at it and playmakers who can collapse the defense and get the ball to open guys on the perimeter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe both as being high leads to the muchies, right @Wamu?

I can't speak for anyone else but the munchies are nothing more than a myth to me. I don't toke up & then start eating a bunch of crap, I get cottonmouth real bad. Actually I don't even eat junk food.

And speaking of cottonmouth, where's my ice tea?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for anyone else but the munchies are nothing more than a myth to me. I don't toke up & then start eating a bunch of crap, I get cottonmouth real bad. Actually I don't even eat junk food.

And speaking of cottonmouth, where's my ice tea?

Depends for me. Some strains give me the munchies, but most don't.

All of them give me cottonmouth to some extent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends for me. Some strains give me the munchies, but most don't.

All of them give me cottonmouth to some extent.

Speaking of strains I stay away from anything that's 100% sativa or sativa leaning hybrid. They just make me too hyper.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram shot 39% from 3 last year. Lebron can shoot from the outside. Hart showed that he can hit the 3. KCP can hit it, but he's streaky. Rondo has hit 33% or better for the past 4 years and Lonzo (30% last year) should hopefully improve.

If Rondo hits at the pace he has for the past 4 years and Lonzo can get to 33-35% and teams want to leave them alone, that's on them.

The Lakers aren't going to be getting into a 3 point shooting contest with the Warriors (that would be stupid) and they aren't going to be using the 3 as a primary weapon.

But they do have guys that can hit it, a couple that should hopefully be better at it and playmakers who can collapse the defense and get the ball to open guys on the perimeter.

Yeah it's not about having all quality shooters, it's about being good enough to keep the defense honest with spacing. The real question will be what sort of offense will Luke run for the team. The team has so many ball handlers who's primary job is to facilitate that it becomes a bit harder to run an offense not suited to their strengths. I would imagine the offense might become more similar to Houston's than that of GS. Lots of pick and roll isos with drive and kicks. Then since you have secondary play makers, you can run additional offense off of the kicks.

The question with any Lebron team is always what sort of offense will they run that maximizes the talent around them. That's what I'll be most interested to see.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a win-win for both parties. If Houston lost Capela, that would pretty much end their chances for a title. Capela gets paid at a decent rate. Probably not what he wanted, but definitely better than being in a Nerlens Noel situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not about having all quality shooters, it's about being good enough to keep the defense honest with spacing. The real question will be what sort of offense will Luke run for the team. The team has so many ball handlers who's primary job is to facilitate that it becomes a bit harder to run an offense not suited to their strengths. I would imagine the offense might become more similar to Houston's than that of GS. Lots of pick and roll isos with drive and kicks. Then since you have secondary play makers, you can run additional offense off of the kicks.

The question with any Lebron team is always what sort of offense will they run that maximizes the talent around them. That's what I'll be most interested to see.
if they have even an ounce of intelligence LeBron will be handling the ball the vast majority of the time.

Taking the ball out of one of the best passers, and one of the best creators in the history of the game, arguably 2nd in this area to Magic, would be so incredibly asinine that it would be beyond belief.

Sticking LeBron in the post where he will get beat up, and taking the ball out of his hands would be the equivalent of basketball gross negligence.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a win-win for both parties. If Houston lost Capela, that would pretty much end their chances for a title. Capela gets paid at a decent rate. Probably not what he wanted, but definitely better than being in a Nerlens Noel situation.
yah as an RFA- and with no other teams jacking up the bidding- he had to take what he could get

it was always a question of "when" Capela would sign- not "if". Anyone that thought Capela had anything more than a minute chance of leaving just does not understand how the NBA does contracts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
solid deal for Houston if you ask me. I thought hed get 22 a year or so. Getting him at under 20 is a great deal. But- in Capela's defense, there has not been one player who signed a contract this offseason, besides LaVine's offer sheet with the insane Kings, that was a deal that you thought was above market.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they have even an ounce of intelligence LeBron will be handling the ball the vast majority of the time.

Taking the ball out of one of the best passers, and one of the best creators in the history of the game, arguably 2nd in this area to Magic, would be so incredibly asinine that it would be beyond belief.

Sticking LeBron in the post where he will get beat up, and taking the ball out of his hands would be the equivalent of basketball gross negligence.

I think Lebron could use some time off the ball too. He'd be highly effective on back cuts or weakside movement. It would allow him to get more momentum going to the hoop with additional play makers. There's different ways you can use him off the ball, other than simply putting him on the block.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,341.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A steak sounds great on Satueday to nreak my smoothie diet.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,341.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron could use some time off the ball too. He'd be highly effective on back cuts or weakside movement. It would allow him to get more momentum going to the hoop with additional play makers. There's different ways you can use him off the ball, other than simply putting him on the block.
Exactly.