• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on him. He can definitely provide some scoring off the bench and can stretch the floor. That will have some value.

I expect that his minutes will be pretty inconsistent, so he'll likely have to adjust to that. Although his minutes have been fairly inconsistent through his career, so he should be used to it.

End of the day, Lebron likes the guy and it's a 1 year contract.

Whats there not to like about him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
htats unbelievable.

I didnt think there was any way they could keep him after this year.

is this for real?

For real that they’d want to keep him?
Im not saying he sucks, but hes not near good enough to be a #1 on a top team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real that they’d want to keep him?
Im not saying he sucks, but hes not near good enough to be a #1 on a top team.
at the VERY LEAST this increases his trade value.

As we saw in Miami, Boston, Cleveland, OKC, etc....having that first piece, is essential to drawing other pieces in. Compared to what many of the other high profile free agents will receive this summer, this is a solid deal. Love's game should age well with his shooting and rebounding, and passing- and the fact that he was never a high flyer and got int done with athleticism in the first place.

Obviously this PROBABLY precludes them from tanking, but could clear enough room to add another major piece if they can get rid of Korver and Clarkson.

Plus, teams that strike out in free agency next year could come calling for a trade if it comes to that.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................................itll be interesting to see where this goes. I am sure Love wanted the security, and the Cavs wanted to lock up their lone remaining all star caliber player as- on a 1 year deal he had limited value anyway.

Another FA off the market next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy.

I don't like the move if I'm a Cav's fan. @trojanfan12 got the right prognosis on this, methinks.
you think the Cavs could spend 30M in a better way than Kevin Love? I would doubt it.

Now it comes down to trying to clear enough room to bring in one more piece next summer. If they can clear Korver and Clarkson, and stretch Thompson they could do it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy.

I don't like the move if I'm a Cav's fan. @trojanfan12 got the right prognosis on this, methinks.

He is only 30. They need something to try and attract FA’s but more than that really something to build around, him and Sexton and hopefully more picks the next couple years

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the Cavs could spend 30M in a better way than Kevin Love? I would doubt it.
Yes. They could spend it better by not spending it in order to be semi-competitive... doomed to the middle, no-mans-land of the NBA.

The Cav's should do a real rebuild, IMO.
WR said:
Now it comes down to trying to clear enough room to bring in one more piece next summer. If they can clear Korver and Clarkson, and stretch Thompson they could do it.
Adding another piece gets them basically nowhere.

Any piece they could realisically get still leaves them behind all of Boston, Philly and Toronto.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They could spend it better by not spending it in order to be semi-competitive... doomed to the middle, no-mans-land on the NBA.

The Cav's should do a real rebuild, IMO.

Adding another piece gets them basically nowhere.

Any piece they could realisically get still leaves them behind all of Boston, Philly and Toronto.
right NOW it does- but we have no clue how this will look going forward- and at the very least Love could be a trade asset.

Kyrie Irving has 1 year left on his deal and is injury prone. Horford can be a FA at the end of the year. Tatum and Brown will eventually need large large extensions. Rozier is an RFA at the end of the year.

Embiid is one of the most injury prone players in the NBA and has serious concerns going forward. Simmons is great but will need to continue to improve to be a true front line player.

THIS season- I would agree- this puts the Cavs in the middle- but it was never realistic to compete at the highest levels right after the departure of LeBron. After this year when JR, Hill come off the books, hwere they will likely deal Korver, maybe clarkson, etc....they can possibly do somethings.

there is no doubt- there is NO team like the Warriors in the East- and the "consensus" best team, the Celtics, have more question marks than anyone after this coming season with all the free agents, RFA's, injuries, that they have.

Same with Toronto- and Kawhi- they could easily be rebuilding soon. If Embiid gets hurt the Sixers are not much better than decent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is only 30. They need something to try and attract FA’s but more than that really something to build around, him and Sexton and hopefully more picks the next couple years
yah love is 29 and his game should age well. as i said- he was never a high flyer in the first place and has built his game around rebounding, shooting and passing. He is an extremely intelligent player.

If Sexton can establish himself as a big time player sometime down the line they have an interesting thing going.

Itll be a very interesting season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Love and think he gets a bit of a bad rap because of his injury history and having to sacrifice some of his game to fit with Lebron. But I think this is a mistake by the Cavs.

The problem is, if healthy, Love probably makes them a 6-8 seed in the East. Unless they have draft picks from teams that will be in the lottery, this doesn't help them as far as drafting top players and I don't see top FA's going to Cleveland to play with Kevin Love.

If the plan is to eventually trade him for picks/pieces/expiring deals, that might make some sense. But as far as actually competing for anything...I don't see it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

Cavs/Heat....who wins more games.

Want to make the bet on our also-rans?

Cavs are a better team than Miami despite losing LeBron and going all out the last 4 years.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that series would be a tossup honestly....I can see it going either way.
I can understand your optimism but the only position the Lakers are better at is where ever LBJ plays. But, OKC is better everywhere else by a long shot. IMO in the post season that will make a difference.