• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Payne was that big. I will rescout.

yeah Payne is actually has the perfect body shape for a prototypical nose tackle. 6"1, 6"2 and like 315 with ability to get up to 325-330. Very similar to Chris Baker body shape except a better personality/attitude so far.

~side note~ i was happy to see Baker leave. I did not care for that player at all. I didnt care for him while he was on the Skins and I sure as hell dont care for him trying to get screen time on hard knocks and on the bucs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Payne is actually has the perfect body shape for a prototypical nose tackle. 6"1, 6"2 and like 315 with ability to get up to 325-330. Very similar to Chris Baker body shape except a better personality/attitude so far.

~side note~ i was happy to see Baker leave. I did not care for that player at all. I didnt care for him while he was on the Skins and I sure as hell dont care for him trying to get screen time on hard knocks and on the bucs.

CBS has his listed at 308. That is small for a NT.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but don't you think Harrison is too high at #13?

Yeah that is a bit too high, but this team has not addressed the safety issue to the point of satisfaction. Harrison is a very gifted talent, he has major upside, which as you know players don't often max out. He is an intriguing prospect though, probably will be the best of the three in time, based on pedigree. I think we take him or James because there's some level of anticipated return from our injured DL guys.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?? He was one of the most likable players here...

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?? He was one of the most likable players here...

in case you didnt catch it from the baker post....

This is utterly insane that I have to do this.

1) Shows up coach Joe Barry on the sideline
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-concerned-extra-beef/?utm_term=.38666aa3aeaf

2) Baker lobbying for the skins to sign/resign his ineffective best friend... showing up the front office
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rance-knighton-in-d-c/?utm_term=.de0f1d9d9d5d

3) Baker work ethic and effort questioned in washington and in tampa bay
Debate continues on new Bucs DT Chris Baker’s work ethic

and

"Few will argue that the Redskins decision not to retain the player many considered to be their most disruptive defensive lineman was a bit curious, but according to Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the Redskins were never sure what they were going to get from Baker.

“Chris Baker was popular with the fans because of his personality, but Redskins coaches, officials and even some teammates were just lukewarm on him,’’ Jones wrote in his answer to a fan’s question regarding Baker’s departure."

“The (Redskins) talent evaluators and coaches weren’t always happy with Baker’s work ethic, and they felt like he needed to make more of a consistent impact … and (hope) Terrell McClain represents an upgrade over Baker.’’

4) It use to drive me crazy but I remember a few instances where Baker would be cheerful and happy after a loss. Probably because he individually had a good game. Same attitude in TB.
Bucs Chris Baker smiling after the game and his big encroachment penalty led to scuffle in the locker room

5) Self Promoting..... "Swaggy", dancing after TFL or sacks despite score, and his embarrassing desperation to get in front of cameras during Hard Knocks with TB

6) Outspoken and controversial... just added bullshit. There isnt an NFL issue, political, or social issue that he doesnt weigh in on with Twitter. Skins have enough problems and outside distractions they dont need another one from a player who is average but thinks hes JJ Watt.
Chris Baker (@cbakerswaggy) | Twitter

congratulated Rickey Jean Francois after he was released by the skins.

Baker Congratulates Ricky Jean Francois for Being Cut by Redskins

so yeah.... I dont like chris baker and was glad to see him go.... surprising that a guy who started off as an UDFA and took awhile to get playing time lacks humility.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "The Texas Tesla || USC RB Ronald Jones II 2017 Highlights ᴴᴰ" on YouTube

Campbell who is been the most accurate three out of the last four years has been mocking Jones to us for weeks. He seems to have put on some size in the past year. This would not hurt my feelings at 44.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "The Texas Tesla || USC RB Ronald Jones II 2017 Highlights ᴴᴰ" on YouTube

Campbell who is been the most accurate three out of the last four years has been mocking Jones to us for weeks. He seems to have put on some size in the past year. This would not hurt my feelings at 44.

I've been a Running back U watcher dating back to Mike Garrett. This guy is no doubt on my radar for us, especially if he makes it to round 2. My biggest fear is that the combine will push him into the mid to late 1st round because he's that good!! Although he's an every down back, he not a real power guy, more finesse than power, but get him into the linebackers and you're liable to witness him taking it to the house. Kinda reminds me of a quicker, faster, Portis with a running style similar to Eric Dickerson. The combination of Jones II, Thompson and Perine would be lethal to opponents. BTW: He would be a difference maker, and by that I mean, a player that other teams would have to game plan against.

Great call @kbso83432!!!:suds:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Running back U watcher dating back to Mike Garrett. This guy is no doubt on my radar for us, especially if he makes it to round 2. My biggest fear is that the combine will push him into the mid to late 1st round because he's that good!! Although he's an every down back, he not a real power guy, more finesse than power, but get him into the linebackers and you're liable to witness him taking it to the house. Kinda reminds me of a quicker, faster, Portis with a running style similar to Eric Dickerson. The combination of Jones II, Thompson and Perine would be lethal to opponents. BTW: He would be a difference maker, and by that I mean, a player that other teams would have to game plan against.

Great call @kbso83432!!!:suds:

I was just thinking that. He and Perine would compliment each other real well.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rb class is deep

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Payne can play nose that would be huge. I still like Vea for us if we go dline.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it...just not sure of Kirk in the second. Love the Chubb pick in the fourth.

Something about Nick I don’t like, admittingly I haven’t watched a whole lot of him, but I think Michel was the best back on that team

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a feeling that, this team, if they are able to somehow get a 3rd round pick, will select Lamar Jackson in the 4th round if he's there. Now before anyone goes into, that's wishful thinking Sty, here's my actual reasoning on the subject. Colt McCoy, admittedly, never a favorite of mine is now 31 years old, despite what Gruden thinks of him, I believe that even Bruce has learned that there must be better thinking and attention geared towards the position and will select another QB in this draft. People are going to hate and love this pick, but IMO, Jackson sitting behind and learning the game behind Smith would be a smart move.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he makes it to the 4th.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he makes it to the 4th.

I know, that's why I said if he was there, but what do you think about them taking him anywhere?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be too upset at 4, but no higher