• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these people calling for KC's head are the same group (- sty ) who wont give you their plan. then whine when they are called abc'rs

VT , dean coach country mitz and others have never put out a plan on their own . in fact me , the KC nut hugger is the only one to put one out . yet they claim non bias ? BS . i called sty out and by god he manned up and put it out there

the rest of you hide behind the screen bitching because you lack courage to defend your position in your plan

Yep Sty came up with a plan. ehb did too.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did.

Although FWIW Ive been pro bringing Cousins back for 2 and a half years now. Im certainly not as bullish on him as some are but I dont think Im ABC'r level lol.

For a while there I wasn't sure. But I will admit when asked... come up with a plan better than Fuck I don't know, but anything is better than paying Cousins, you did at least throw a plan out there.

Now the folks that say... I don't know who we should or will get, but we shouldn't keep Cousins..... Those are Jackson Five level ABC'ers

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a while there I wasn't sure. But I will admit when asked... come up with a plan better than Fuck I don't know, but anything is better than paying Cousins, you did at least throw a plan out there.

Now the folks that say... I don't know who we should or will get, but we shouldn't keep Cousins..... Those are Jackson Five level ABC'ers

Yea I dont get wanting him gone. MAYBE wanting him gone at a certain price but even then its a tough sell to me. Hes a legit QB. He has flaws but IDK how anybody can look at what hes done and think he isnt a top half of the league guy. Your odds of finding something better simply arent good.

And I get the contract will sting to some but in a year itll be forgotten about and we can continue building a good team around a good QB which is more than we've said for a long time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I dont get wanting him gone. MAYBE wanting him gone at a certain price but even then its a tough sell to me. Hes a legit QB. He has flaws but IDK how anybody can look at what hes done and think he isnt a top half of the league guy. Your odds of finding something better simply arent good.

And I get the contract will sting to some but in a year itll be forgotten about and we can continue building a good team around a good QB which is more than we've said for a long time.

Well you already know why I think most of the people who just want him gone, actually want him gone.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you already know why I think most of the people who just want him gone, actually want him gone.

As somebody whos been on the other end of that belief and known it was complete BS Im not touching that one. Im sure for some redskins fans somewhere its true but I wouldnt say that about anybody here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As somebody whos been on the other end of that belief and known it was complete BS Im not touching that one. Im sure for some redskins fans somewhere its true but I wouldnt say that about anybody here.

I still think you misinterpret my belief. NO one wants he who shall not be named back (at this point in time any way), but I think a lot of folks developed a dislike for Kirk based on how he got the job is all. A lot of folks never really warmed up to Kirk, and yes that has a lot to do with it.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you misinterpret my belief. NO one wants he who shall not be named back (at this point in time any way), but I think a lot of folks developed a dislike for Kirk based on how he got the job is all. A lot of folks never really warmed up to Kirk, and yes that has a lot to do with it.

I mean maybe but I think that assumes there werent reasons to be hesitant about Cousins from the start or reasons to be critical continuing all the way up to the present day. Wanting him gone? Ok thats kinda weird. Being critical of him? Pretty justifiable. Worrying about how much he'll get paid? Fair but just a pill we have to swallow at this point IMO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean maybe but I think that assumes there werent reasons to be hesitant about Cousins from the start or reasons to be critical continuing all the way up to the present day. Wanting him gone? Ok thats kinda weird. Being critical of him? Pretty justifiable. Worrying about how much he'll get paid? Fair but just a pill we have to swallow at this point IMO.

Sure there are reasons. IM one of his biggest fans, and I freely admit he isn't elite. Might not be worth that contract all on his own. But from a team standpoint... we bet against him twice.. and lost. Time to pay up or walk to another table. I think you pay up, eat your crow if you are BruDan and use the next three years to build the rest of the team. And since how much he will get this year only prevents us from doing the old tried and true win off the field maneuver.... IN my worst Russian accent...

Pah De Mahn Hiz Money, and Letz Geht Bach to Biznezz.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these people calling for KC's head are the same group (- sty ) who wont give you their plan. then whine when they are called abc'rs

VT , dean coach country mitz and others have never put out a plan on their own . in fact me , the KC nut hugger is the only one to put one out . yet they claim non bias ? BS . i called sty out and by god he manned up and put it out there

the rest of you hide behind the screen bitching because you lack courage to defend your position in your plan

Wow. Does it really get your panties up in a wad that bad that no one puts their grand plan out there? It must, because you bring it up often enough. And stop with this bullshit “coward” talk, we are talking about football for goodness sake. I don’t need to justify my position to you or anyone. We have a difference of philosophy/opinion... no big deal...who cares...

But since it bothers you so much. Here is a plan....

1A) Make KC the richest player in the league. Pay him his money and see what happens. He will be on the 4-5 year plan. Put some players around him and we may be able to make a deep run in a couple more years if we are lucky.

1B) Let KC walk, pick up another guy on a deal (Smith, Tyrod, AJ, Keenum, Bridgewater, Foles, Bradford, Bortles... choose one), draft a QB over the next draft (or 3 if need be), continue to build the team, and we might not be in much worse shape long term.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1A) Make KC the richest player in the league. Pay him his money and see what happens. He will be on the 4-5 year plan. Put some players around him and we may be able to make a deep run in a couple more years if we are lucky.

1B) Let KC walk, pick up another guy on a deal (Smith, Tyrod, AJ, Keenum, Bridgewater, Foles, Bradford, Bortles... choose one), draft a QB over the next draft (or 3 if need be), continue to build the team, and we might not be in much worse shape long term.

So are you suggesting that by keeping Kirk we wont in fact build the team and will just throw some guys around him???

Also bonus question.... how much less based on the current QB market do you expect any of these guys to be than Cousins??

(Smith, Tyrod, AJ, Keenum, Bridgewater, Foles, Bradford, Bortles... choose one

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you suggesting that by keeping Kirk we wont in fact build the team and will just throw some guys around him???

Also bonus question.... how much less based on the current QB market do you expect any of these guys to be than Cousins??

(Smith, Tyrod, AJ, Keenum, Bridgewater, Foles, Bradford, Bortles... choose one

No, I’m not saying that we will just “throw some guys around him”. I have no doubt we will try to continue drafting well and filling holes well. I mean after giving him a big $$$ contract and signing him LT, why wouldn’t the FO try to do that?? I know you think Dan and Bruce hate KC, and that are looking for a reason to move on, but you think they hate him that much that they wouldn’t try to put people around him and win after giving him some sort of $150 million contract?? That’s a silly notion.

And to go along with plan B, yes, all of those guys would be cheaper, some CONSIDERABLY cheaper, and on some on shorter term deals. Listen I know I’m not a cap genius like some of you, but this thought that we could afford equally good players no matter how much $$$ we have KC is ludicrous to me...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I’m not saying that we will just “throw some guys around him”. I have no doubt we will try to continue drafting well and filling holes well. I mean after giving him a big $$$ contract and signing him LT, why wouldn’t the FO try to do that?? I know you think Dan and Bruce hate KC, and that are looking for a reason to move on, but you think they hate him that much that they wouldn’t try to put people around him and win after giving him some sort of $150 million contract?? That’s a silly notion.

And to go along with plan B, yes, all of those guys would be cheaper, some CONSIDERABLY cheaper, and on some on shorter term deals. Listen I know I’m not a cap genius like some of you, but this thought that we could afford equally good players no matter how much $$$ we have KC is ludicrous to me...

I asked the question simply to point out the tone you appeared to be trying to set with each option.
With option A.. well we would just get some guys, put them around an over paid Kirk and just hope we get lucky in 4-5 years/

But with Plan B... well now then as long as we let Kirk walk we could actually "BUILD" the team. And we would be at least as good as if we had kept him in the same amount of time.

these are the notions you seem to be pimping.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tone. Those are just the options I put forth.

Yes, IMO KC would be overpaid (not per the market, per ability) and yes, that would be a bit of a hindrance to building the team over the next few years. Does it mean we can’t sign anyone? Of course not, but it could affect some of the economics of it. To say it wouldn’t affect it in any way is not true. Hopefully we could draft really really well and do very well in FA.

I do hope we go this route because there is a better chance that we could pull this off and that KC can be THAT guy... But I also think there is equal or better chance that he has reached his ceiling. That short of surrounding him with great players and a Top defense, this team won’t sniff the SB, probably won’t even win the division in the next 5 years. After that, his already suspect athletic ability really starts going in the shitter.

OR

We could hedge our bets on another QB (or two) and go another direction, and hope that the QB we draft is the next great thing. You have said more often than not it won’t happen. History says you are right.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tone. Those are just the options I put forth.

Yes, IMO KC would be overpaid (not per the market, per ability) and yes, that would be a bit of a hindrance to building the team over the next few years. Does it mean we can’t sign anyone? Of course not, but it could affect some of the economics of it. To say it wouldn’t affect it in any way is not true. Hopefully we could draft really really well and do very well in FA.

I do hope we go this route because there is a better chance that we could pull this off and that KC can be THAT guy... But I also think there is equal or better chance that he has reached his ceiling. That short of surrounding him with great players and a Top defense, this team won’t sniff the SB, probably won’t even win the division in the next 5 years. After that, his already suspect athletic ability really starts going in the shitter.

OR

We could hedge our bets on another QB (or two) and go another direction, and hope that the QB we draft is the next great thing. You have said more often than not it won’t happen. History says you are right.

If his ceiling has been hit and that ceiling is 5,000 yards, 35 TDs, and 12 turnovers...that is a helluva QB. Now imagine if we can build a top ten defense with a decent running game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A letter in response to our fans

1. Signing Kirk LT will allow the team to concentrate in other areas.

Ans: True but it will not be done effectively.

2. Not signing Kirk LT will allow the team to build in other areas.

Ans: True, but it will not be done effectively.

3. With Kirk at QB, if we had a good to great defense and a running game all would be sweet in the world.

Ans: True, but ya'll are just dreaming, that's never going to happen.

4. Without Kirk, if we had a good to great defense and a running game, we could plug in a competent QB and...

Ans: True but when has that ever happened in the last 18 years?

Gentlemen/Lady

I've been here since 2009, my plans have always been to offer just enough to make paying customers and corporate sponsors continue to shell out to Dan. We don't have to win SB's in order to be successful and I certainly don't have a clue on how to do any of those thing encapsulated in your questions. I read a lot of the posts on our site with respect to Sportshoopla, and it tickles me to believe that people are still suggesting things that "Should" be done. With respect, sign me_____Bruce Allen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Does it really get your panties up in a wad that bad that no one puts their grand plan out there? It must, because you bring it up often enough. And stop with this bullshit “coward” talk, we are talking about football for goodness sake. I don’t need to justify my position to you or anyone. We have a difference of philosophy/opinion... no big deal...who cares...

But since it bothers you so much. Here is a plan....

my panties ? really ? you want to bash my philosophy /opinion but dont back it up yet critique mine ad nausem but offer nothing ? until you were added to a list of people who did not ?

and i will use coward when it applies , when you show up when things are bad talking about your opinion yet are absent when things are good that does qualify as cowardice . if you are over and over again asked about what you would do and refuse to answer the question yet continue to hammer the issue , that is cowardice

did you do all those things specifically ? no but as a group did it happen and does it still ? yes

so if you are going to bitch about my position and then bring no ideas to the table and fight till the death of us all and fall on your sword , then dont come here with the panties in a bunch routine acting like you are above the fray when some one pushes back

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have been disappointed with the coverage from NFL network . too much BS time spent on hiring of football coaches and not enough time on the practices

ESPN U would be ok if they didnt live with the qbs all damn day long and i am sorry but bill pollian make me puke as an draft analyst

that is all

i will come out with a practice report on some of the best players who fit our needs