• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I liked his idea of getting “football players” but doesn’t look as if he really did that. Not impressed either

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not my belief. Scot wasn't that complimentary when he was here after Cousin's first year. Back that he said he wanted to keep but at the right price which was the beginning of the whole debacle. Remember Cousin's rubbing Scots head while hollering ... "how do you like me now."

I know a lot of people were sad to see Scot go but not so much for me. I know his track record is good but I think he was a C+ or B- here.

I was said to see him go because he valued picks and wasnt a Snyder yes man but was a real GM who seemed to be well liked by players and coaches. I dont think hes a better talent evaluator than any other GM though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is the question then Sty. I remember from before and today I saw an article or two where SM said "Cousin's is not the guy." If he felt that shouldn't he have drafted the guy as you suggest and since his only draft pick that I remember was Sudfeld did he think he was the guy? So many people give SM so much credit and I just don't see it.

To switch gears I think Cousin's is the guy and not only should have been signed to LTD two years ago but he should be hear for another 6 or 7 years (until age 36.) And taking a shot at Sudfeld would have been okay if that was the philosophy.

Interesting ways to look at things from different angles. :suds:

OK, let's deal with that question with this backdrop...In January 2015, McCloughan was hired as general manager] and was fired by the team in March 2017. That's two years and 3 months.

Now to your question, I also read that article and he clearly said that, "Kirk was not special." Which is true, just not what you asked about which was "Cousin's is not the guy." (see the difference?)

Next, about drafting a upgrade at QB, as I suggest, I go by the name Sty, you mentioned it in your response, why SM didn't draft at least a replacement for Colt McCoy is subject to speculation. It's possible that he didn't have the control that many believed he did. I can't get into his head or force him to answer your question directly, I only offer opinions of my own making. Maybe he was overruled in an attempt to do so, or maybe he thought it more important to upgrade elsewhere before turning his attention to QB's, who really knows? What we do know is during his time here the team posted winning seasons, the reason why I added the backdrop.

Switching Gear response: I think that Kirk, while not "THAT Guy," is good enough to QB a well built, championship quality team, in a SB game. By definition that equals "Not special" to me either, but good enough if..... Well, we don't have that and I believe that we are at least two outstanding drafts away from coming close. With Bruce Allen as GM, I also believe that it will take about five to ten years to come close to what two outstanding would look like, if that. #noconfidence. So, sign the guy, don't sign the guy, I really don't give a shit either way as long as Allen is GM.

I agreed that Kirk should have been signed to a LTD after the 2014 season, and NOT a "wait and seer/ prove it type person. Considering his competency in Grudens offense, it would have been a good deal for both team and QB. After that season and a failure to sign him long term, my position changed from that reasonable deal to "I don't give a shit if they offer him half ownership in the team," because at that point I was convinced that there simply wasn't going to be a deal. So far, I've been 100% spot on with that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Scot is playing a little cat and mouse here seeing as how the FO stiffed him on two years of salary and tried to ruin his career to boot with the whole rampantly drunk on the job allegations?? And by this I mean, sure we all know Cousins is not elite. But aside from tryin to poison the well against the Redskins signing him long term, why would Scot need to make a point of throwing out the Kirk is not special message?? Nothing makes SMGM look good at this point like Bruce possibly being Bruce.

From my vantage point Sm is "Trumping" Bruce Allen into doing what hardly anyone wants...Letting Kirk go!

Apologies for the "Trumping" reference, but in my circle it's now a thing to refer to someone who's easily swayed by faux flattery as getting "Trumped"

SN: Mods, if this even begins to turn into a non team thing, please do me a favor, and scratch this response.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I liked his idea of getting “football players” but doesn’t look as if he really did that. Not impressed either

Here's a list of "his" drafts, I've included the 2017 season because I believe at minimum, he helped set up all three boards from which the team selected. Most are either still on the team, meaning that they supplanted the slug that held the spot before them, or are on other rosters in the league.

2015 Draft[edit]
Round Pick Overall Name Position College
1 5 5 Brandon Scherff OG Iowa
2 6 38 Preston Smith OLB Mississippi
3 28 95 Matt Jones RB Florida
4 6 105 Jamison Crowder WR Duke
4 13 112 Arie Kouandjio OG University of Alabama
5 12 141 Martrell Spaight ILB Arkansas
6 22 181 Kyshoen Jarrett FS Virginia Tech
6 23 182 Tevin Mitchel CB Arkansas
6 28 187 Evan Spencer WR Ohio State
7 5 222 Austin Reiter C USF[22]
2016 Draft[edit]
1 22 22 Josh Doctson WR TCU
2 22 53 Su'a Cravens LB USC
3 21 84 Kendall Fuller CB Virginia Tech
5 13 152 Matt Ioannidis DE Temple
6 12 187 Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana
7 11 232 Steven Daniels LB Boston College
7 21 242 Keith Marshall RB Georgia[23]
2017 Draft[edit]
1 17 17 Jonathan Allen DT University of Alabama
2 17 49 Ryan Anderson OLB University of Alabama
3 17 81 Fabian Moreau CB UCLA
4 7 114 Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
4 16 123 Montae Nicholson S Michigan State
5 10 154 Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas
6 15 199 Chase Roullier C Wyoming
6 25 209 Robert Davis WR Georgia State
7 12 230 Josh Harvey-Clemons S Louisville

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of "his" drafts, I've included the 2017 season because I believe at minimum, he helped set up all three boards from which the team selected. Most are either still on the team, meaning that they supplanted the slug that held the spot before them, or on other rosters in the league.

2015 Draft[edit]
1 5 5 Brandon Scherff OG Iowa
2 6 38 Preston Smith OLB Mississippi
3 28 95 Matt Jones RB Florida
4 6 105 Jamison Crowder WR Duke
4 13 112 Arie Kouandjio OG University of Alabama
5 12 141 Martrell Spaight ILB Arkansas
6 22 181 Kyshoen Jarrett FS Virginia Tech
6 23 182 Tevin Mitchel CB Arkansas
6 28 187 Evan Spencer WR Ohio State
7 5 222 Austin Reiter C USF[22]
2016 Draft[edit]
1 22 22 Josh Doctson WR TCU
2 22 53 Su'a Cravens LB USC
3 21 84 Kendall Fuller CB Virginia Tech
5 13 152 Matt Ioannidis DE Temple
6 12 187 Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana
7 11 232 Steven Daniels LB Boston College
7 21 242 Keith Marshall RB Georgia[23]
2017 Draft[edit]
1 17 17 Jonathan Allen DT University of Alabama
2 17 49 Ryan Anderson OLB University of Alabama
3 17 81 Fabian Moreau CB UCLA
4 7 114 Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
4 16 123 Montae Nicholson S Michigan State
5 10 154 Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas
6 15 199 Chase Roullier C Wyoming
6 25 209 Robert Davis WR Georgia State
7 12 230 Josh Harvey-Clemons S Louisville

I don’t include 2017, but I can see why. Looks like maybe 6 out of 17 hits in 2015-16 to me. With a couple possibles. Not awful, but not great.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the ONLY list of a pure Bruce Allen draft in D.C. that I could find.

Rounds 1-7 of that invisible draft ???????????

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t include 2017, but I can see why. Looks like maybe 6 out of 17 hits in 2015-16 to me. With a couple possibles. Not awful, but not great.

I started not to include it but thought it better to do so, thereby giving that option to the reader.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry...NO Confidence!!

Colt McCoy has been the backup for 4 years now, 3 of them as the only true backup to Cousins. He is a testament to the ineptness of our front office.

It's one thing to screw up the Cousins situation, and another to not properly plan for the future with or without him. Think about that for a moment, had they thought to draft a legitimate QB prospect (and they passed up quite a number of them) that guy would have put them in a much better position than the one that they currently find themselves.
bingo bingo bingo redskins biggest problem is stagment

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many te have we passed on because 6 game a year REED or TE Paul

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i combined the east /west shrine game thread with the draft thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my vantage point Sm is "Trumping" Bruce Allen into doing what hardly anyone wants...Letting Kirk go!

Apologies for the "Trumping" reference, but in my circle it's now a thing to refer to someone who's easily swayed by faux flattery as getting "Trumped"

SN: Mods, if this even begins to turn into a non team thing, please do me a favor, and scratch this response.

Kind of what I was thinking as well Sty. Which is what I meant by the cat and mouse reference. I have long agreed Kirk isn't Elite, I kind of disagree with him not being special. But I think Scot is trying to goad Bruce into doing something stupid. The question becomes, just how stupid.

If the whole conversation revolves around well we just need to replace Kirk (Which is where this is headed) and have no real plans on improving at the position beyond well lets see what happens. Well that's on the genius level of stupidity I think.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's deal with that question with this backdrop...In January 2015, McCloughan was hired as general manager] and was fired by the team in March 2017. That's two years and 3 months.

Now to your question, I also read that article and he clearly said that, "Kirk was not special." Which is true, just not what you asked about which was "Cousin's is not the guy." (see the difference?)

Next, about drafting a upgrade at QB, as I suggest, I go by the name Sty, you mentioned it in your response, why SM didn't draft at least a replacement for Colt McCoy is subject to speculation. It's possible that he didn't have the control that many believed he did. I can't get into his head or force him to answer your question directly, I only offer opinions of my own making. Maybe he was overruled in an attempt to do so, or maybe he thought it more important to upgrade elsewhere before turning his attention to QB's, who really knows? What we do know is during his time here the team posted winning seasons, the reason why I added the backdrop.

Switching Gear response: I think that Kirk, while not "THAT Guy," is good enough to QB a well built, championship quality team, in a SB game. By definition that equals "Not special" to me either, but good enough if..... Well, we don't have that and I believe that we are at least two outstanding drafts away from coming close. With Bruce Allen as GM, I also believe that it will take about five to ten years to come close to what two outstanding would look like, if that. #noconfidence. So, sign the guy, don't sign the guy, I really don't give a shit either way as long as Allen is GM.

I agreed that Kirk should have been signed to a LTD after the 2014 season, and NOT a "wait and seer/ prove it type person. Considering his competency in Grudens offense, it would have been a good deal for both team and QB. After that season and a failure to sign him long term, my position changed from that reasonable deal to "I don't give a shit if they offer him half ownership in the team," because at that point I was convinced that there simply wasn't going to be a deal. So far, I've been 100% spot on with that.

Cousin's was not Scots pick, I bet Bruce and Dan were not happy when Shanahan picked him three rounds after a terrible trade up. I saw the move as brilliant. My point was had business been handled the way it should have been there would be no need to sign a top notch backup for 10 years.

You "Trump" things I see what they did as being a bunch of "Bamas" Just because we think we shouldn't follow the rule about politics I felt compelled to reply. It's code man, just code. :L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin's was not Scots pick, I bet Bruce and Dan were not happy when Shanahan picked him three rounds after a terrible trade up. I saw the move as brilliant. My point was had business been handled the way it should have been there would be no need to sign a top notch backup for 10 years.

You "Trump" things I see what they did as being a bunch of "Bamas" Just because we think we shouldn't follow the rule about politics I felt compelled to reply. It's code man, just code. :L

I will say it like this. I was at the Draft reveal party when Dan and Bruce rolled Griffin out in front of the fans. Everyone was looking at the screen in anticipation when we came on the clock before the Cousins pick was announced. When it was announced we picked Cousins, for just the briefest of seconds, Dan and Bruce both had a WTF look on their faces with a hint of did some on just shit in my coffee for good measure. To say they were not amused would be an understatement.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it like this. I was at the Draft reveal party when Dan and Bruce rolled Griffin out in front of the fans. Everyone was looking at the screen in anticipation when we came on the clock before the Cousins pick was announced. When it was announced we picked Cousins, for just the briefest of seconds, Dan and Bruce both had a WTF look on their faces with a hint of did some on just shit in my coffee for good measure. To say they were not amused would be an understatement.

I think like you, correct me if I am wrong. This is why the FO, Scot and some fans just can't warm up to Cousin's. In the end it was a brilliant move by Shanahan.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think like you, correct me if I am wrong. This is why the FO, Scot and some fans just can't warm up to Cousin's. In the end it was a brilliant move by Shanahan.

Exactly what I have thought all along. Bruce cant sign Cousins long term, it would mean he was wrong. Right now his only hope is to get something in return for Cousins while also sending him some place where he is not likely to succeed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these people calling for KC's head are the same group (- sty ) who wont give you their plan. then whine when they are called abc'rs

VT , dean coach country mitz and others have never put out a plan on their own . in fact me , the KC nut hugger is the only one to put one out . yet they claim non bias ? BS . i called sty out and by god he manned up and put it out there

the rest of you hide behind the screen bitching because you lack courage to defend your position in your plan

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these people calling for KC's head are the same group (- sty ) who wont give you their plan. then whine when they are called abc'rs

VT , dean coach country mitz and others have never put out a plan on their own . in fact me , the KC nut hugger is the only one to put one out . yet they claim non bias ? BS . i called sty out and by god he manned up and put it out there

the rest of you hide behind the screen bitching because you lack courage to defend your position in your plan

I would be curious to see how many of this group have really never known Redskins football other than in the Dan Snyder era.